PM Thanks U.S. for Handing over Additional COVID-19 Supplies

snoop1130

โครงการใหม่-2022-02-09T112811.304-1-768x303.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 9 (TNA) – Prime Minister and Defense Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha thanked the U.S. Government for handing over additional COVID-19 diagnostic and vaccine delivery supplies, worth over $1.5 million, to help Thailand fight COVID-19, said Government Spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

This gesture reflects friendship and close relations between the two countries and commitment of the Government of both Thailand and the U.S. in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic together.

The supplies provided on behalf of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) include reagents for Real-Time RT-PCR diagnostic tests, next generation sequencing for variant detection, vaccine delivery supplies, and personal protective equipment.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-879521

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-09

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Good on the US for stepping up, once again.

But, had your overly prideful health minister not failed so miserably with the vaccination program, these handouts would not be necessary, Cha Cha. 

Has the vaccination program failed so miserably?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This gesture reflects friendship and close relations between the two countries and commitment of the Government of both Thailand and the U.S. in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic together.

What has Prayut sent to USA?

[Covid related please] and don't mention rubber gloves.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ed strong said:

Good question. I've a small pox vaccination, mumps, measles, whooping cough, and shingles. I haven't gotten any of them; no, none, not even a little bit. BUT, Covid vaccination means you can get a little bit of the disease, just not usually a bad case. I think they are trying to redefine the definition of vaccine.  So yah, people die of those other diseases all the time just like Covid; success.

• Confused 5

9 hours ago, ChC1 said:

Shouldn't the title be PM Thanks US for donating or gifting PPE? Handing over seems like that Thai is the original owner and US is handing back. The title makes a mock of US generosity and reflects Thai superiority. I would be very worried as it seems Thailand is learning from China's Warrior Wolf Diplomacy. This is not a good sign. 

I clicked through to the actual article and the article's title was "PM Thanks U.S. for Additional COVID-19 Supplies"

The verbiage about "handing over" is in the subtitle, and whoever posted this thread to this forum repeated that in the thread title.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Good question. I've a small pox vaccination, mumps, measles, whooping cough, and shingles. I haven't gotten any of them; no, none, not even a little bit. BUT, Covid vaccination means you can get a little bit of the disease, just not usually a bad case. I think they are trying to redefine the definition of vaccine.  So yah, people die of those other diseases all the time just like Covid; success.

That's due to widespread vaccinations making it unlikely that you will be exposed. Vaccines generally do not give 100% immunity nor lifetime immunity. But when everybody gets vaccinated viruses don't spread or mutate fast enough to remain in the population. 

The problems now are that so many refuse to get vaccinated and that the Omicron variant is perhaps the most contagious virus ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, ed strong said:

YES. An emphatic yes. 

1. They chose the vaccine with the least efficacy, as the primary choice here.

2. It was nearly impossible for Thais to get a better one, even if they wanted to pay, until fairly recently.

3. It was nearly impossible for foreigners to get vaccinated for a very long time, until the US and others stepped in, and essentially said this failure is ridiculous, by their actions and donations. 

4. Do you remember the lines at some of the vaccination centers?

5. I asked my wife NOT to get vaccinated, until we could find a good vaccine. We ended up waiting until we visited the US late last year. We walked into a CVS pharmacy, and within 15 minutes, she had her FREE Pfizer. That is what good vaccination program looks like.

Shall I go on?

8FqVDONCFQnCV7gMLdFc 2.jpg

6eQhM36VwaSIyFcalYFf.jpg

8 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.28.07 AM.png

Well, you have to take into account two factors. 1. The US has nearly 40% of the population that are embracing conspiracy theories and political indoctrination, as justification to remain unvaccinated. Thailand does not suffer from that level of Darwinism. 2. Thailand chose a vaccine with a far lower efficacy. So, while Sinovac is better than no vaccine, it is not ideal. 

6 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

I clicked through to the actual article and the article's title was "PM Thanks U.S. for Additional COVID-19 Supplies"

The verbiage about "handing over" is in the subtitle, and whoever posted this thread to this forum repeated that in the thread title.

Thank you! That makes more sense. Still the Handing Over in subtitle is still worrying from my point of view. I hope it is just a mistake or from someone who does not understand language that well. If it is the official Thai attitude, that would be really worrying. But again thank you for finding the source and truth. I sincerely hope whoever wrote the Handing Over line is just someone who is lacking understanding of English language.

9 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That is the nick name the Thais have for the current PM, my Thai neighbors uses it all the time they can't stand this guy nor the new K. 

The terminology is generic and  vague internationally  I believe.

The  visible people are basically appointees on behalf of  Corporates. 

The majority are  continued to believe they  vote for their masters ! 555

18 hours ago, ChC1 said:

Shouldn't the title be PM Thanks US for donating or gifting PPE? Handing over seems like that Thai is the original owner and US is handing back. The title makes a mock of US generosity and reflects Thai superiority. I would be very worried as it seems Thailand is learning from China's Warrior Wolf Diplomacy. This is not a good sign. 

So you  know the truth of the diplomatic intent in this article ? In other instances  "donation" was an imperative . So why  now  the  absence of  such  definition? Perhaps China learnt and used  ahead of time from elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

The terminology is generic and  vague internationally  I believe.

The  visible people are basically appointees on behalf of  Corporates. 

The majority are  continued to believe they  vote for their masters ! 555

I use it because it is accurate to me.  His placement was pre-planned 2014. He was hand picked in anticipation of the death he is label puppet because whatever the powers want him to do or say his function is to do it. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, you have to take into account two factors. 1. The US has nearly 40% of the population that are embracing conspiracy theories and political indoctrination, as justification to remain unvaccinated. Thailand does not suffer from that level of Darwinism. 2. Thailand chose a vaccine with a far lower efficacy. So, while Sinovac is better than no vaccine, it is not ideal. 

True, the US is easy pickings due to gullibility and politics, but Thailand, while slow to start, is hardly a "miserable failure."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 11:05 AM, HaoleBoy said:

This Gov wouldn't sign off on the Moderna entering Thailand.

When they did, most of us had already paid for Moderna months earlier, then took the US donated Pfizer because we didn't want the Chinese stuff and the AZ when all the talk about blood clots was rampant.

Then we had to push back Moderna to March because the government flooded the market with both Pfizer and Moderna before the private hospitals received Moderna and when it was available only to reject getting it as a booster now with the Omicron strain, well that's me not taking my booster shot...

• Like 1