Police investigating after wife of top German defender Mats Hummels reportedly attacked and robbed while in Phuket

webfact

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

"She said that she was attacked from behind and hit many times thinking she might die.  "

"She said that she immediately called the police and gave a description of her attacker then that evening flew to see her son Ludwig in Dubai"

As much as its a scary situation to be in, it seems odd that she flew out the same evening after being hit many times..

If you read the article you might have seen this !!! "....the attack occurred while she was relaxing on the beach before her return flight...."

• Like 2

"Thai Rath contacted the chief of Phuket police Pol Maj-Gen Sermphan Sirikhong who said that the first he heard of the incident was from the media who contacted him."

Sounds about right for the RTP chain of command. Probably thought it was just another farang holidaymaker who'd had too much to drink, and was probably "asking for it" so not worthy of his involvement.

But now that it turns out that she is the wife of a "celebrity" there is the chance that it might be putting Phuket in a bad light, so now "He promised to find out where and when it happened and get to the bottom of the incident."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

She probably got that comment from her husband,when compared to the rolling around a lot of the footballers do for a nudge in a game,it probably was brutal,a lot of them could audition for a Tv series! ???? 

I saw a video of an "incident" involving footballers walking off the pitch a few years ago. (Sorry, can't recall the players/teams involved), but one player jokingly flicked the ear of one of the opposing team (from behind - boo!)  and the resultant rolling around and thrashing about was worthy of an Oscar. It only stopped when even his own team mates were laughing at him!

Edited by sambum

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't doubt the ladies story at all, except the brutal part, to me, brutally attacked would normally mean you would end up in hospital or a coma at worst.

I don't smell a rat, but what a way to get some good publicity for your up coming "Battle of the realty stars" soon to be screened on a TV network near you, badda bing, badda bang, badda booooom.

Couldn't be worse. Hope they catch the person with mobile still on them.

Iphone should have/has a tracking device thus should/would be easy to find it's location

• Like 2

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Come to Thailand and get:
Hacked to death with a <machete, sickle, sword>
Shot to death <1, 2, 3, 10+>
Beat during an <armed robbery, taxi extortion, Grab ride>
Raped and possibly murdered while visiting a <national park, scenic waterfall> 
Just go back into the news archives - it's all there.

Of course if you're lucky, you'll have a positive PCR test and be placed in the safety of a hospital lockup for 10 days where your only worry will be if you actually contract Covid and get sick during your stay - then of course, they'll be the hospital bill you'll need to settle when your insurance company denies the claim thanks to the Thai government. 

Come one and all - Tourist season ala Freddy Kruger is here!
Nightmare On Prathet Thai Street

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

Come to Thailand and get:
Hacked to death with a <machete, sickle, sword>
Shot to death <1, 2, 3, 10+>
Beat during an <armed robbery, taxi extortion, Grab ride>
Raped and possibly murdered while visiting a <national park, scenic waterfall> 
Just go back into the news archives - it's all there.

Wow,

I'm reading your report and I'm seeing some similarities to that of the western suburbs of Sydney 

4 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

My sympathies to the lady, and she was very lucky she was only robbed  and assaulted.       My  3rd  and  absolutely last   holiday to Phuket,   offered to buy a T shirt from a markets vendor   "400 baht mister".   When I laughed  at the seller I got a mouthful of abuse.     Looked at a crayfish (called lobster by some)  about the size of a king pranwn, 1500 baht in a restaurant.     Tuk Tuk to my hotel, 600 baht quote. I walked there in  10 minutes.   Keep the bloody place, one gaint tourist rip off.

The vitriol and piling on for this thread is amazing! Especially when you consider the whole story is sketchy. Tsk

Maybe check Tripadvisor before you spend 1500 at a restaurant? So many great restaurants and you chose the one serving crayfish. I kinda hope after three trips here, this is your last? I suspect you got your money's worth whining about every possible thing. I mean after two trips the writing was on the wall. You don't like this place. "Lucky she only got robbed and assaulted."  That's priceless. (tsk) 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Pinot said:

The vitriol and piling on for this thread is amazing! Especially when you consider the whole story is sketchy. Tsk

Maybe check Tripadvisor before you spend 1500 at a restaurant? So many great restaurants and you chose the one serving crayfish. I kinda hope after three trips here, this is your last? I suspect you got your money's worth whining about every possible thing. I mean after two trips the writing was on the wall. You don't like this place. "Lucky she only got robbed and assaulted."  That's priceless. (tsk) 

Sadly there continues  to be those who having  condescended to present in a geographical  location that has been recommended or otherwise attracted the attention of  some individual who perhaps  has only ever progressed to the  fantasy of going there but resorts to quoting the experiences of disaffected people who have?

• Haha 1

Nasty bit of press for the TAT. Time to put some of those cops in tight shorts to patrol the beaches. But only if Thailand actually cares about the safety of its visitors. Thailand has plenty of cops, the problem is getting them to patrol the neighborhoods for crime instead of waiting for the crime to happen. Basically, Thailand can't police itself beyond checkpoints and curfews, so good luck with attracting wealthy tourism.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out she was not a tourist, but in Phuket filming a TV show.

Looks cute though ............

cathy.jpg

Nah..  'give me a read Thai girl’ any day of the week ????????

.... I’m actually expecting someone to come out with an ‘anti-western-female’ comment such as that.... 

For what its worth, she’s a stunner.