Gunmen who assassinated "Jimi Singh" in Phuket have got away - they fled Thailand two days after attack

webfact

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

It's a good job that they managed to get out before being charged with 'work permit' related charges.

In Thailand being an Assassin of drug dealers is a protected occupation, which is reserved for Thai police people.

I am surprised you got away with this comment!!!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

IMO they did not escape - there was little effort made to stop them leaving 

Says the same guy who concluded first it must have been a Thai crime, despite the overwhelming evidence it was gang related.

4 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I like the dedication or commitment and discipline of assasins, They went through all torture 1 day and 5 day of tests and ensured that they dont test positive and  end up in Thai 14 days quagmire.

It seems they also believed in science and vaccinated and my fellow science 'Beliebers' would love that fact that even murderers believe in vaccination......

18th December was just the 1 day quarantine!!!

2 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

So you think they’d be investigating the cop who’s name is the owner of the gun is used then again TIT

Makes me think it was a Police hit squad being covered up by blaming some unnamed foreigners.

Could be the Thai police just supplied the guns. 

Let's see if they release the names of the wanted and their pics passing through immigration...

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They surely never came in with guns or left with guns. So there must be a third party in Thailand that supplied, and disposed, of them guns. The police need to concentrate on who the third party was. Catch them/him and the house of cards will tumble. 

Getting handguns in Thailand is easier than finding XXL condoms.

I never cared for guns, but just being around in Thailand long enough, I know where I could easily get one if I wanted to. (I could buy one from a hotel owner I know, or I could get a whole collection of handguns from an ex-girlfriend's parents.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, robsamui said:

"Nobody takes Thailand seriously these days. They have opted out of being relevant." 

Well the Covid farce has sealed their fate with a vengeance - the slapdash perception that Covid is just 'flu; the 6 month wait for it all to go away before eventually being forced to vaccinate their people; the flounder to make a fast buck with the initial Sinovac stocks; the reluctance to spend money on test ATK kits; no mass testing; ridiculously- expensive private Covid tests; blatantly unrealistic infection statistics; price-gouged tourist trapping with extortionate Thai-Govt-forced insurance-and-ASQ-packages; the blatant kick-backs with private hospitals charging extortionate fees; the continual arrogant statements that "everything's under control"; the officious and self-important complexity of the immigration regulations; the ongoing dithering and mind-changing and backtracking with entry rules and quarantine regulations that are changed weekly with no regard for the disruption and money this is causing to incoming 'tourists, and the obvious lack of understanding that incoming westerners can't just pack and travel at the drop of a hat . . . 

. . . not to mention the farcical nature of a corrupt police force with virtually no training that doesn't actually police anything and doesn't understand what 'policing' means . . . 

Thailand has always managed to do all these sorts of things quietly, in the past, without attracting too much attention, and has subsequently developed a distorted sense of its own importance and worth.

But standing up and broadcasting its dithering incompetence on the world stage via social media and the international Press has now guaranteed that nobody, absolutely nobody, takes Thailand seriously any more.

Outstanding summary. Thanks. Barely anything to add to it! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nobody takes Thailand seriously these days. They have opted out of being relevant. 

Honestly can't recall any time Thailand was ever truly taken seriously...or ever actually been relevant. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

also if they indeed were hit men they would not likely go together after an unarmed and not protected by security body guards single person.

The second hit man can be in as a back up, but he doesn't have to go into action until needed.

One professional is well enough to finish job, even using 2 guns shot at the same time. Or a larger gun, to pierce bulletproof vest.

So possibly they were not hired gunman but just his friends, associates. It would make easier to track them.

Still, finding them might be problematic, if stolen passports, face biometrics and fingertips were changed. It's not cheap, but can be done

Ok. It's time for some applesauce and a nap Tom Clancy.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwat said that the RTP know the identity of the assassins and are preparing the paperwork to have them arrested abroad and brought back to Thailand.

That's if they can find them in Canada, or somewhere else they might hide out in...

Lets face it they don't have much of a track record for finding people overseas.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It feels like Thailand was more relevant 10 or 15 years ago. The economy was larger, the people seemed happier, tourism was kicking, and leaders actually did things that benefitted the people

Agree that it was a happier, "funner", more carefree place which never took itself too seriously...or seriously at all back then, really. Unlike now. But on The ???? stage, always been a minor bit player or stand-in. Never played a relevant, serious or major role in any Big Show. IMO...never will either. Need mature adults for that and this place is severely lacking in that department! ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It seems like there is alot kof backwards momentum at this stage. A possible slip to 88th in GDP, if they are not careful. Toyota has a major case at the Supreme Court level (which gets no news coverage, surprise, surprise) over taxes on an agreement Thailand is trying to weasel out of. And the outcome could mean a mass exodus of Japanese manufacturing. Another instance of the extreme lack of vision at the moment. 

Interesting.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

so they are preparing the paperwork for apprehension and extradition to face the music ..... 

Canada will not extradite if the penalty may be death. So I'd suppose the extradition music will include the death penalty so that the extradition will not have to happen. Then months or years to redo the papers and Canada, of course, will not believe the change of heart and again not extradite.  I know, it is difficult to predict, especially the future.