Prince Andrew settles out of court.

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Virginia Giuffre claims Prince Andrew sexually assaulted her at Jeffrey Epstein's home at 17.

"Andrew reached a settlement with Giuffre on Tuesday, according to court documents obtained by Insider.

The prince intends to make a "substantial donation to Ms. Giuffre's charity in support of victims' right," the sum of which was not disclosed, according to a joint statement made in the court filing. 

The statement added: "Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre's character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks. It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years."

https://www.insider.com/virginia-roberts-sexual-assault-claims-prince-andrew-timeline-2021-8#february-2022-andrew-reached-an-out-of-court-settlement-with-giuffre-16

And obviously we all believe statements which people sign after lots of lawyers made up that text and probably "optimized" it for days. Yeah, sure.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it is interesting that you describe a woman who deliberately destroys the life of a legally innocent person as smart.

Words like nasty come to my mind. Nobody forced her to have sex with Andrew - if it ever happened. 

Oh, come on. "Legally innocent" is quibbling. He destroyed his own life when he associated with a convicted sex offender, then doubled down with the 2019 interview, where his BS was exposed for what it was.

The damage was done well before the current settlement.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Pravda said:

Too funny cuz UK taxpayer paid 

Being a former member of the "Colonies" I can not wrap my head around why the UK taxpayer keeps funding the richest woman in the world and her incestuous family tree ?

Those sad, tired old cliches about 'Tradition' ?

Where I come from what they do is not traditional it is illegal

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, seedy said:

Being a former member of the "Colonies" I can not wrap my head around why the UK taxpayer keeps funding the richest woman in the world and her incestuous family tree ?

Those sad, tired old cliches about 'Tradition' ?

Where I come from what they do is not traditional it is illegal

Supposedly they actually earn revenue for the country but I would wonder if the total cost was tallied up. Worse, these blood suckers don't even have to clean up their own mess.

Andrew and Giuffre have agreed for the amount of the settlement to remain confidential, but it has been reported to be £12 million pounds ($22.6 million).

The question of how Andrew can afford this needs an answer. Reports suggest that he has sold his ski chalet, apparently worth £18 million, after settling a debt. The remaining proceeds will go some of the way to fund the settlement, but the rest will reportedly come from the Queen.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-17/where-will-prince-andrews-settlement-money-come-from/100838738

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

She was a 17 yr old runaway, living on her own, far from a naive, ignorant teen some like to portray.   IMHO, she probably knew exactly what she was doing.  Along with being untrustworthy, a proven liar.

Any wonder why prosecutors didn't take the case, if there was one.

The law does not take much notice of your opinion, it draws the line at age, and at 17 under US Federal Law,  regardless of your opinion, a person is not legally competent to consent to paid sex.

It’s a point you and others seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

Prince Andrew suffered a similar delusion.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She wasn't a minor in the UK or Europe at that time.

She could get a driving license, live on her own, get married, have kids but not vote or drink in a bar.

You are wrong. The hapless prince had access to some of the finest intelligence and security services in the world and the liklihood that he truly believed she was over 18 is ludicrous.

Although the age of consent is 16 throughout the United Kingdom, it is illegal to buy sex from a person under 18 where the perpetrator does not reasonably believe they are 18 or over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just because something is filed in civil court doesn't mean it's not a crime.  Civil is more about compensation.  It's always about the money.

Success for 2 opportunist; he got his jollies off, she got compensated for it.  Only negative I see, is people think it's news-worthy.  Well, just the news / distraction creating folks do, and  ....  hook line & sinker.

Win win wins all around.

I did not even vaguely indicate his behaviour was not allegedly criminal, however he was never even remotely mooted to be charge under that jurisdiction, therefore ipso facto it is not a criminal case,never was,  it  remains in perpetuaity a civil matter only.

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

I did not even vaguely indicate his behaviour was not allegedly criminal, however he was never even remotely mooted to be charge under that jurisdiction, therefore ipso facto it is not a criminal case,never was,  it  remains in perpetuaity a civil matter only.

Yes it was a civil case, but the allegations were of criminal sexual activity.

Prince Andrew was very well advised to settle out of court before being called to the stand.

He should have settled this immediately it arose.

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She's American. Under American laws, 17 is under-age. Prostitution doesn't apply to minors because they haven't reached the age of consent. Get your record straight - or get educated if not too late (rhyme unintended.)  And while you're at it look up "human sex trafficking," minors or otherwise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

IS courts and US law had jurisdiction.

They did not have jurisdiction for sex crimes committed outside US soil until some time in 2003 or 2004 and the congress enacted laws applied to US citizens committing sex crimes and therefore US had zero jurisdiction to prosecute Andrews. The MET police declined to prosecute prince Andrews at the time of the complaint.

US did not prosecute criminally for obvious reasons and resorted to the Gov Cuomo created CVA to pursue a case which otherwise would have been barred due to statute of limitations.

Edited by ebice
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ebice said:

They did not have jurisdiction for sex crimes committed outside US soil until some time in 2003 or 2004 and the congress enacted laws applied to US citizens committing sex crimes and therefore US had zero jurisdiction to prosecute Andrews. The MET police declined to prosecute prince Andrews at the time of the complaint.

US did not prosecute criminally for obvious reasons and resorted to the Gov Cuomo created CVA to pursue a case which otherwise would have been barred due to statute of limitations.

And yet the US court did have jurisdiction and attempts by Andrew’s legal team to prove others failed.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Oh, come on. "Legally innocent" is quibbling. He destroyed his own life when he associated with a convicted sex offender, then doubled down with the 2019 interview, where his BS was exposed for what it was.

The damage was done well before the current settlement.

He is not a nice person and maybe an idiot. But does this make him guilty? 

The law does not take much notice of your opinion, it draws the line at age, and at 17 under US Federal Law,  regardless of your opinion, a person is not legally competent to consent to paid sex.

It’s a point you and others seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

Prince Andrew suffered a similar delusion.

I think we can see both points.

There is the law and there is reality.

I.e. officially prostitution is illegal in Thailand. But people told me it exist.

Lots of people disagree with certain laws. That obviously does not mean these laws don't exist. They do exist and people get into trouble for not following these laws. And at the same time: Are these laws just and up to date?

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

You are wrong. The hapless prince had access to some of the finest intelligence and security services in the world and the liklihood that he truly believed she was over 18 is ludicrous.

Although the age of consent is 16 throughout the United Kingdom, it is illegal to buy sex from a person under 18 where the perpetrator does not reasonably believe they are 18 or over.

Do you really think Andrew used those intelligence and security service to get details about every girl he possibly shagged? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ebice said:

No, not in any criminal proceedings, it was purely civil.

At no time was Andrew at risk criminally since the complaint was filed. (child sex trafficking, rape, etc)

I have repeatedly stated this was a civil, not a criminal case. At no time have I stated this is a criminal case or that Andrew was at risk of criminal prosecution.

However, the ‘Civil’ case relates to allegations of criminal sexual activity with a minor.

The court had jurisdiction and as I have said from the start Andrew had two choices, take the stand and completely distort himself or settle out of court.

He was well advised to do the latter, though he would have been very much better advised to settle immediately.

He should have settled this immediately it arose.

Why?

If he is innocent why should he settle?

Personally I think his family didn't want to see him anywhere in court because of their reputation.

The settlement is no prof that he is guilt. It is only a prove that he and/or his family didn't want more publicity.

And maybe he is guilty, and maybe not.

• Haha 1