Is a cheaper fare the solution to Bangkok’s Green Line standoff?

snoop1130

Bangkok-train-green-line_web.png

The ongoing conflict in the coalition government over whether to grant Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc (BTSC) extension of its BTS Skytrain concession has left many people frustrated.

There is also deep disappointment that the transport system, which was intended to make commuting for the average Bangkokian easier, is expensive.

The concession in question revolves around two routes — Mo Chit-On Nut, and National Stadium-Taksin Bridge. This core Green Line Skytrain covers 23.5 kilometers out of the total 68.25km BTS network, covering 60 stations and connecting Bangkok, Samut Prakan, and Pathum Thani provinces.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/is-a-cheaper-fare-the-solution-to-bangkoks-green-line-standoff/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-16

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

It is great to say lower the price of tickets.  My question then is will people accept that the lines will start to look like the busses that are not air conditoned and are 50 years old.

Let's face it no matter who is running the system there is a price point that has to be met. where the cost of something has to at least equal the cost of maintaning.

It is hilarious that I pay as much to go from Khu Kot to Prom Phong as it costs someone tht gets on at Mor chit to the same destination.

I am sorry prices need to be regulated and in some cases raised.  

• Like 1