RTP take delivery of S.W.A.T. vehicles enhancing capabilities

webfact

The poor dabs, they must have got bored playing with their SMART BMW's.

Actually, I watched an episode of 'The Simpsons' last night, and Homer bought himself a giant truck, not too dissimilar to the one shown in the article, as a remedy for his low testosterone and fading manhood. Hmm, maybe that's telling us something about the RTP, lol.

"SWAT team members were put through their paces to show the assembled press how a modern force deal with the bad guys."

Well I suppose it is fair to say that the guys who are manning these vehicles will not be one of the many policemen who are members of the fat belly brigade who spend all their time in air conditioned offices playing with their phones. :cheesy::cheesy:

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I'm impressed to see that the Police are on the ball with  latest crime busting necessities, like shock absorbers.????

I don't suppose there will be any TJ Hooker style of police academies getting built to get the police fit enough to chase, catch and arrest these bad guys.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In Samut Prakan local forces from Region 1 have been working with a company called YSS to fit out eight SWAT vehicles with the latest crime busting necessities, like shock absorbers.

Driving at speed over pot-holes to apprehend bad guys I guess they need the latest shock absorbers fitted to get the guys in the back to the scene in a manner so they're capable of getting out when they arrive,.

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Especially when dealing with unarmed student rabble trying to disrupt the democratically elected progressive government.????

Those aging falang missing the precise date at which they were supposed to show up at immigration need suppression and this is the vehicle for it.

33 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Will they be able to get someone to drive them and not blame brake failure or the other every day excuses used for the fact that the level of driving skills in Thailand is abismall

Do they stop at pedestrian crossings?

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just more expensive and useless toys for the boys. The only thing these things will ever be used for, is to oppress unarmed youth, who are protesting a toxic regime, that is moving the nation backwards, and rejecting the concept of progress, as if their lives depended upon it. 

I was just going to post that these vehicles are a waste of time, given the RTP seem to do very much actual 'law enforcement'.  However, you are probably correct, that's exactly what these vehicles have been purchased for.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I always thought you would want your S.W.A.T. team in some kind of incongruous van or car, not with great big S.W.A.T written on the side of it

What's the point in that? Make it big, make it bold, scare the poop out of people. That's the theory. Shock and awe.

18 hours ago, 2long said:

Will these be used by immigration like the BMW thing to close in on unsuspecting overstayers, who cause no trouble in rural Thailand?

No. The BMW is the immigration Smart Car!!!. It’s not a SWAT vehicle. It’s a BMW with an iPad. That’s why it’s called a…um, smart car. It has an iPad.