How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, Dustdevil said:

I'd say in the context of East Asia, don't marry a Japanese or Korean. The cultural differences are too great. It would take a long article for me to explain everything, but suffice it to say I recommend Chinese women (not from Malaysia, though) and do not recommend Japanese or Koreans. Yes, Japanese women are beautiful, but so are all the others, but living together, the two cultures clash too much.

You cannot explain anything but your Opinion!

As a younger man working for the US government early in my professional career, I lived in Japan and South Korea, then Zhuhai, China.

I had a wonderful relationship in Japan for a few years that was stuffed by my employer and position at the time (I would have easily married her). Aside of apartments being very small, no cultural differences what so ever. Still have a lot of love for her and those times.

My colleague married a South Korean and have been married for 35 years.

Had the time of my life in South Korea as well. 

Looking back I think the main difference was NOT being around women in those 2 countries that worshipped money; they were all educated and not from the bars.

As far was looks?

South Korea, Japan, Thailand, China

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would you (try to) have an intelligent conversation with the wife? That's why we have friends!

Maybe because women have a completely different way of seeing things, which is very annoying and very interesting at the same time, yet somehow makes a man go ahead on some changes (either positive or negative of course). 

• Like 1

I am not a racist but you need to understand that most foreigner found their love with Isaan women. There are good and bad in every society but the general Issan intend to love ATMs on two legs and prefer not to walk to far to get to an ATM. This is not only my knowledge base but confirmed in general by Thais not myself. Well you need to ask the non Issan people. Again I have Issan friends that are totally different but one in a million. I refer to A) foreigners in general have Issan wifes, B) Issan people in general for of this mindset. Just an observation I have make the 32 years I live in this beautiful kingdom of Thailand. 

• Confused 4

27 minutes ago, sipi said:

Western women don't want regular money?

Not the ones I've met. The first thing they look at is your shoes then your car.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I look at the ladys feet in Thailand! Alot you can see and tell by their feet and hands

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't have a wife, but my Thai GF of about 8 years might as well be one. She compares very favorably with the two long term relationships I had in Australia.

I have always been a good provider for the women I have been with. To me, the big difference is the appreciation I get in return. My Thai GF will take care of me until I snuff it, and gives herself to me completely. Sex is not a bargaining tool, I think for her it is like having a good meal.

On the physical side, she fluctuates between 40-42 kg, and gets stressed if she hits 43 kg. Has the firm body of a woman 20 years younger.

Of course, she has her faults, but they are very minor in the scheme of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't have a wife, but my Thai GF of about 8 years might as well be one. She compares very favorably with the two long term relationships I had in Australia.

I have always been a good provider for the women I have been with. To me, the big difference is the appreciation I get in return. My Thai GF will take care of me until I snuff it, and gives herself to me completely. Sex is not a bargaining tool, I think for her it is like having a good meal.

On the physical side, she fluctuates between 40-42 kg, and gets stressed if she hits 43 kg. Has the firm body of a woman 20 years younger.

Of course, she has her faults, but they are very minor in the scheme of things.

43 kg, yikes. Got yourself a shorttt one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

The other thing we have to take into consideration is the majority of guys that come to thailand have hardly had their choice of pretty western girls . They  are not what i would call high caliber males . They have most likely been picking low hanging fruit in the west and then come to thailand and repeat it again but convince themselves this is real as they hold most of the cards now (money) its delusional to think some old farm girl rump is somehow A better standard then a decent western lady .  Keep Convincing yourself that up until the money runs out ….. 

"They".... ?

thank you Brad Pitt for the pretentious pr!ck of the day post so far......

Spoken like a man who has been burned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

I have zero issues with western women

1. How many have you married?

2. Why are you here?

PS. I'm an elderly '4', I only want young '8+', so yes I do have a problem, I'm not prepared to settle for a female elderly '4' ........... glad you're happy with yours. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

One demand/expects money monthly 

The other takes it upon divorce

As generalizations go, how about this one:

Western women demand /expect money monthly and later take the balance upon divorce

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mar Hau said:

I am not a racist but you need to understand that most foreigner found their love with Isaan women. There are good and bad in every society but the general Issan intend to love ATMs on two legs and prefer not to walk to far to get to an ATM. This is not only my knowledge base but confirmed in general by Thais not myself. Well you need to ask the non Issan people. Again I have Issan friends that are totally different but one in a million. I refer to A) foreigners in general have Issan wifes, B) Issan people in general for of this mindset. Just an observation I have make the 32 years I live in this beautiful kingdom of Thailand. 

Issan is 60% of the Thai population, so hardly surprising there's so many around.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Even though my wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for a meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

One of the most wonderful things about Thailand, is that the judgment level of couples with signifiant differences in age, is not as harsh, as in the west. My wife is quite a bit younger than me too. It works really well for us. When I dated women close to my age back in the US, it rarely ever worked out. Most were very rigid, closed minded, and set in their ways. Plus, many liked to go to bed very early, and behaved as if they were 20 years older than they were. That was not fun. I find younger women to be far more vital, more vigorous, and if you are fortunate to find one, far more open minded and adventurous.

I find when we are out in public many men stare at her, as she is still very attractive and fit, and look at me with envy. Women here seem to be fairly neutral. In the US we get some attention. She gets alot of looks, and the guys look at me like they presume I am a centi-millionaire. The gals look at me like I a felon, and have committed a major crime, by refusing to jump over the hurdles prescribed by them, and taking a shortcut to heaven. That is so much fun. It is a wonderful feeling to watch the Western women squirm and to witness their confusion and disapproval.

Lastly,  I think a large part of the equation is the erosion of femininity in the West. It has gotten so bad, that masculinity is now considered toxic. This is an existential threat to civilization, no doubt. It is me-too, and uber-feminism that has been the real nuclear bomb to relationships and a woman's ability to express herself, have sex freely, date normally, manifest the incredible dignity within femininity, and relate to men, in a healthy manner. It seems to contribute to an extremely unfulfilled female gender, and has resulted in making life very difficult for most men in the West. With Covid, things are even worse than before. A real life Zombieland. Thankfully, little of that toxic nonsense has reached the shores of Thailand. Women here seem to intuitively know how powerful their innate femininity is, and they use it to the fullest. I am very thankful for that. I think many have simply rejected alot of mind numbingly, wrong headed Western notions, that women are saddled with. 

Excellent. I could have written this myself!!!

One slight caveat: the addiction to cell phones will probably ensure that slowly but surely Thai women will absorb most of the negative traits of the Western woman that you outline so eloquently above.  Alas, we live in a global culture.

Of course, my wife is different (as we all say) !!!!!!!!!  But to be fair to her, she uses her cell phone to scroll through loads and loads of YouTube videos that help her in her career.

• Sad 1