Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im thinking about kids, women, elderly and animals. Men should stand up and fight and bring the war out from the cities, hiding among children, women,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is as bad as it is.  I aggree, giving up sounds bad, but, well we have experience for how many thousands of year with war? What have we learned? 

Well the Ukrainians have learned that they have more chance of beating the Russians in the cities, not in open country. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I really do not believe Putin is giving up Ukraine, he have everything to loose if he give up. 

As said many times, it more of a reflection of what is happening, not who I side with. Im a Norwegian, and feel for Ukraine, and Putin must be stopped, but continue fighting in urban cities? I do not believe that is the solution. Thats not how Taliban won the war? 

He will lose this time anyway. How much that will cost and how long it will take are the sad unknowns of the moment. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

According to a report from the Washington Post, Vladimir Putin has upset and enraged the citizens of his own country with his invasion of Ukraine, which has led to devastating sanctions that are crushing the Russian economy in a way that may take decades to recover.

https://www.rawstory.com/russians-totally-devastated-after-putin-flushed-their-economy-down-the-toilet-in-five-days-report/

Yep. This could be the best chance of stopping him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Well the Ukrainians have learned that they have more chance of beating the Russians in the cities, not in open country. 

As said, we will see the aftermath of this in the years to come, and maybe know better what should have been done different, and not judge from our safe position following media and discuss here at AN! 

I have been trained to fight against the russians and placed on the Finnish border, but never been in combat myself. And Im glad I most likely ((hope) never will experience it, neither my family. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Reports are that the bots from Russia that were constantly spewing out anti vaccine rubbish have gone very quiet lately and instead turned their direction to misinformation on Ukraine

What vaccine? ????

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As said, we will see the aftermath of this in the years to come, and maybe know better what should have been done different, and not judge from our safe position following media and discuss here at AN! 

I have been trained to fight against the russians and placed on the Finnish border, but never been in combat myself. And Im glad I most likely ((hope) never will experience it, neither my family. 

If you are Finnish, I understand your apprehension but what should have been done is already known - Putin should have stayed at home!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

All or most people know that, so how do you propose Ukraine continue until everyone there is dead. 

No. Ukraine and the world insists that Russia surrender, and Putin is held for war crimes. A reasonable and simple solution. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you are Finnish, I understand your apprehension but what should have been done is already known - Putin should have stayed at home!

Well, that didnt work very well, and the reason is maybe the west have lost all credibility if we ever had any left since the early 60’ies. Withdrawel from Afghanistan made us weaker, and not to forget the presidental mess in USA. Im sure Covid came along nicely as well for Putins Plan. 

Im Norwegian where we expected Suomi to let through the Soviet troops in the North to meet us at the Norwegian Finnish border. Our expected lifespan from alarm was something around 18 hours, and then those of us who where alive had orders to regroup in to smaller units. At least the clima and mountains would have been on our side, and we had some hope if we survived the first critical hours. Urban war is some of the worst you can think of. Not only trained soldiers,  but also innocent civilians, and most people like us who is safe, can not put themselves in their position.

One more time, Putin is the one responsible and the aggressor here, but also the Ukraine President have a responsibility for his own people. Right now He claim Nato is the responsible for people dying, and thats where I started my chronicle of my respons today. Which escalated in to being accused of advocating for Putin. Internet is internet, and real people is real people!  Nuff said

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Ukraine and the world insists that Russia surrender, and Putin is held for war crimes. A reasonable and simple solution. 

I don't see that happening but would be good if it did. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It was a bluff from the very beginning, from 1991. Cutting off territories from a nuclear country, the USSR. And now it's just the time when this bluff is being exposed.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't see that happening but would be good if it did. 

One of those is very possible

"In the long-term, international justice has a very good record of eventually getting those that they target."

If Mr Putin was charged with war crimes and he travelled to a country that operates universal jurisdiction, that nation would be obliged to detain him, Mr Jordash said.

• Like 1

‘Fans’ of football club Red Star Belgrade (Serbia) created this image. And they loudly proclaimed their support for Russia by chanting “Russia, Russia”. Talk about disgusting….

E1A2BED5-9CEB-49A5-84A9-BD532AF27750.jpeg

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah a cockney accent is difficult for some. 

I would of said my old china plate just a lump of ice before your pig & roast or brown bread.

NATO served you a box of toys so then came Putin's derry & toms come out the helter shelter and wave a rag. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, that didnt work very well, and the reason is maybe the west have lost all credibility if we ever had any left since the early 60’ies. Withdrawel from Afghanistan made us weaker, and not to forget the presidental mess in USA. Im sure Covid came along nicely as well for Putins Plan. 

Im Norwegian where we expected Suomi to let through the Soviet troops in the North to meet us at the Norwegian Finnish border. Our expected lifespan from alarm was something around 18 hours, and then those of us who where alive had orders to regroup in to smaller units. At least the clima and mountains would have been on our side, and we had some hope if we survived the first critical hours. Urban war is some of the worst you can think of. Not only trained soldiers,  but also innocent civilians, and most people like us who is safe, can not put themselves in their position.

One more time, Putin is the one responsible and the aggressor here, but also the Ukraine President have a responsibility for his own people. Right now He claim Nato is the responsible for people dying, and thats where I started my chronicle of my respons today. Which escalated in to being accused of advocating for Putin. Internet is internet, and real people is real people!  Nuff said

Maybe Finland being invaded right now?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-60624500

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of those is very possible

"In the long-term, international justice has a very good record of eventually getting those that they target."

If Mr Putin was charged with war crimes and he travelled to a country that operates universal jurisdiction, that nation would be obliged to detain him, Mr Jordash said.

Tribunal is a dish of the winner in any war. I see you are sure the West (not Russian and China) will win the war. But some people think that it would be much better to concentrate efforts to win this war first.

• Haha 1

The Ukrainian President wants a NATO imposed no-fly zone, if they do it, then that WW3 starting, but they might as well do it, because at some point NATO will have to get involved. Putin is not going to stop now

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Seppius said:

The Ukrainian President wants a NATO imposed no-fly zone, if they do it, then that WW3 starting, but they might as well do it, because at some point NATO will have to get involved. Putin is not going to stop now

If I get your gist this is kind of what I've been thinking. The west MUST stop evil Putin ASAP. Nip this madness in the bud. It may already be too late. He got away with so much before with wrist slaps if that. If there is WW3 it's because that war criminal wants it anyway, sooner or later. In other words it's likely inevitable. Taking the risk to stop him now (and help stop China too) may well be worth the risk.

I would go even further.

When Ukraine gave up nukes they were promised protection from both Russia and the West. Nato or not.

Both Russia and the west have broken their promise. 
Maybe it's time for the west to make good on it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If I get your gist this is kind of what I've been thinking. The west MUST stop evil Putin ASAP. Nip this madness in the bud. It may already be too late. He got away with so much before with wrist slaps if that. If there is WW3 it's because that war criminal wants it anyway, sooner or later. In other words it's likely inevitable. Taking the risk to stop him now (and help stop China too) may well be worth the risk.

I would go even further.

When Ukraine gave up nukes they were promised protection from both Russia and the West. Nato or not.

After the close call at the nuclear site the other day i would say its not on the cards.

Over 100 nuclear power sites in the EU.

Well France would be nervous to vote yes.

33 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

After the close call at the nuclear site the other day i would say its not on the cards.

Over 100 nuclear power sites in the EU.

Well France would be nervous to vote yes.

It appears that the Russians want to concentrate on taking nuclear plants to use them as blackmail bargaining chips. "Nice nuclear plant you have there, it's be a shame if something happened to it".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I would go even further.

WW3 what!  You have really lost the plot. 

• Sad 1