Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Satellite and video evidence of the huge quantities of grain being stolen from Ukraine and shipped to Syria.

Russian navy ordered to lay mines at Ukraine’s Black Sea ports, says US

The Russian navy has been given orders to lay mines at the ports of Odesa and Ochakiv, and has already mined the Dnieper River, as part of a blockade of Ukrainian grain exports, according to newly declassified US intelligence.

US officials also released satellite images showing the damage inflicted by Russian missile strikes earlier this month on Ukraine’s second biggest grain terminal at nearby Mykolaiv, at a time when the interruption of grain exports threatens to trigger a global famine. Sunflower oil storage tanks at Mykolaiv came under attack on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/23/russian-navy-ordered-to-lay-mines-at-ukraines-black-sea-ports-says-us

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russian navy ordered to lay mines at Ukraine’s Black Sea ports, says US

The Russian navy has been given orders to lay mines at the ports of Odesa and Ochakiv, and has already mined the Dnieper River, as part of a blockade of Ukrainian grain exports, according to newly declassified US intelligence.

US officials also released satellite images showing the damage inflicted by Russian missile strikes earlier this month on Ukraine’s second biggest grain terminal at nearby Mykolaiv, at a time when the interruption of grain exports threatens to trigger a global famine. Sunflower oil storage tanks at Mykolaiv came under attack on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/23/russian-navy-ordered-to-lay-mines-at-ukraines-black-sea-ports-says-us

I think the next Bond Movie needs a villain based on reality.

• Like 1

“London will be first target in WWIII”, says Putin ally.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1630673/Russia-Andrey-Gurulyov-London-first-target-world-war-threat-Russia-Putin-ally-vn

Getting crazier and crazier. This guy is talking as if bombing London is a viable option and there would be no consequences for Russia if they did. Complete madness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1630673/Russia-Andrey-Gurulyov-London-first-target-world-war-threat-Russia-Putin-ally-vn

Getting crazier and crazier. This guy is talking as if bombing London is a viable option and there would be no consequences for Russia if they did. Complete madness. 

Kind of flattering.  Putin clearly sees the UK as the keystone of the European support for Ukraine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

More threats coming in thick and fast

Russian MP Urges Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for Supplying Ukraine Arms

Yury Shvytkin, deputy chairman of the Russian parliament's defense committee, told the Russian news outlet Lenta.ru that delivery to Ukraine's forces of the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) showed the U.S. was "moving step by step towards a Third World War."

Kyiv said on Thursday that the first batch of the systems had arrived and more multiple launch rocket systems are expected from Western allies.

"I think the main decision-making center is the U.S. Embassy. I think that sooner or later this will become a target for the Russian armed forces,"

https://www.newsweek.com/yury-shvytkin-lenta-russia-ukraine-embassy-1718801

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More threats coming in thick and fast

Russian MP Urges Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for Supplying Ukraine Arms

Yury Shvytkin, deputy chairman of the Russian parliament's defense committee, told the Russian news outlet Lenta.ru that delivery to Ukraine's forces of the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) showed the U.S. was "moving step by step towards a Third World War."

Kyiv said on Thursday that the first batch of the systems had arrived and more multiple launch rocket systems are expected from Western allies.

"I think the main decision-making center is the U.S. Embassy. I think that sooner or later this will become a target for the Russian armed forces,"

https://www.newsweek.com/yury-shvytkin-lenta-russia-ukraine-embassy-1718801

These people live on planet Cuckoo. Their leader Putin already moved there a while ago and now all his sycophants have joined him there. It’s all talk to let everyone know how tough they are. At least I hope it’s all talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Putin has no idea of UK's anti nuclear missiles weaponry systems. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/XFXt6EoaVG9hNN2q8

Putin and his cronies also clearly have no idea that an attack on London/UK would mean an attack on NATO as a whole. And we all know what that would mean. I just hope and pray that Putin and his sick and demented clique won’t let it come to that.

• Like 1

Not sure if this allowed, because it’s a link from a Dutch newspaper, but it’s all about the video:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/e/867999319/

Bodycam footage of firefights in Severodonetsk between Ukrainian and Russian soldiers. Several Americans on the Ukrainian side, by the sound of it. One of them was very very lucky, about 50 seconds into the video. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Putin has no idea of UK's anti nuclear missiles weaponry systems. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/XFXt6EoaVG9hNN2q8

It seems the current anti-missile systems are not able to stop the new Russian missiles.

However, even if UK would be destroyed, there would still be four ballistic submarines, each carrying 8 missiles with 5 nuclear heads. Russia knows that even one single submarine is enough to anihilate the main Russian cities.

4 minutes ago, candide said:

It seems the current anti-missile systems are not able to stop the new Russian missiles.

However, even if UK would be destroyed, there would still be four ballistic submarines, each carrying 8 missiles with 5 nuclear heads. Russia knows that even one single submarine is enough to anihilate the main Russian cities.

Not to mention the Americans and French have a few of those submarines floating around as well at undisclosed locations, with plenty of nuclear warheads to destroy most (if not all) of Russia. 

• Like 1

Belarus being drawn in. They were having military exercises there last week now low and behold, Russia is striking Ukraine from Belarus territory.

Ukraine reports 'massive bombardment' from Belarus

Ukraine said it came under  "massive bombardment" Saturday from neighbouring Belarus, a Russian ally not officially involved in the conflict, the day after announcing a retreat from the strategic city of Severodonetsk.

Twenty rockets targeted the village of Desna in the northern Chernigiv region, Ukraine's northern military command said in a statement, adding that infrastructure was hit, but no casualties had yet been reported.

"Today's strike is directly linked to Kremlin efforts to pull Belarus as a co-belligerent into the war in Ukraine," the Ukrainian intelligence service said.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220625-massive-bombardment-of-ukraine-originates-from-belarus-border-region

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

Yeah Russia knows that and I would say UK forces have Russian respect because after the first strike England still has the long bow.

17 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Not to mention the Americans and French have a few of those submarines floating around as well at undisclosed locations, with plenty of nuclear warheads to destroy most (if not all) of Russia. 

The conundrum is Russia said they will only use nuclear weapons if attacked by nuclear weapons. 

So the covensional weaponry supply to Ukraine has to continue and how long are the west preparing to do that. 

Just now, Kwasaki said:

The conundrum is Russia said they will only use nuclear weapons if attacked by nuclear weapons. 

So the covensional weaponry supply to Ukraine has to continue and how long are the west preparing to do that. 

The Russian's did not say that though:

UKRAINSKA PRAVDA — FRIDAY, 17 JUNE 2022, 18:53

Russian President Vladimir Putin says Russia is not threatening the world with nuclear weapons, but warns that it is ready to use them in the event of a threat to [Russia’s] sovereignty.

So basically if there's an incursion onto their territory. However its ok for Russia to invade other countries that did away with their own nuclear weapons such as Ukraine in the Budapest Memorandum where Russia then promised never to invade Ukraine or attack it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

Ruzzia has no winning nuclear scenario.

Attacking a NATO member would lead to a war in which Ruzzia would be isolated.

Using a tactical nuke on Ukraine will probably not result in a retaliation, but likely in a NATO-enforced no-fly zone over Ukraine, destruction of any interfering Ruzzian AA and planes (including from within Ruzzia), ultimatum to Ruzzian forces to leave Crimea and Donbass, maybe destruction of their Black Sea fleet and destruction of all Ruzzian military installations on the territory of Ukraine.

Interesting article on the subject:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/06/russia-ukraine-nuclear-weapon-us-response/661315/

Russia will never give up that is the problem as I see it they are as stubborn as are the Ukrainians.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tgw said:

Using a tactical nuke on Ukraine will probably not result in a retaliation, but likely in a NATO-enforced no-fly zone over Ukraine, destruction of any interfering Ruzzian AA and planes (including from within Ruzzia), ultimatum to Ruzzian forces to leave Crimea and Donbass, maybe destruction of their Black Sea fleet and destruction of all Ruzzian military installations on the territory of Ukraine.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/06/russia-ukraine-nuclear-weapon-us-response/661315/

Thank you! Excellent article with an in-depth analysis of this complex issue.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

no, the Ukrainians aren't stubborn. they are defending their home.

I understand but it is futile and sad position for Ukraine my personal opinion is the US, UK, and western Europe are using Ukraine as a tool to break Russia I hope it works but at what a cost to Ukraine, there has to be a negotiation to end the war how that is done I have no idea sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Russia will never give up that is the problem as I see it they are as stubborn as are the Ukrainians.

I don't think the Russian people are nearly so enthusiastic about attacking Ukraine as Ukrainians are at resisting. In fact, I don't think the Russians are enthusiastic at all. Why else would Putin classify what is clearly a war as a  "Special Military Operation"?

Of course the Ukrainians are far more motivated. After all, as Putin and company have made very clear, for the Ukrainians this is a battle about the  survival of the Ukrainians as a distinct people with a distinct culture.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I understand but it is futile and sad position for Ukraine my personal opinion is the US, UK, and western Europe are using Ukraine as a tool to break Russia I hope it works but at what a cost to Ukraine, there has to be a negotiation to end the war how that is done I have no idea sorry. 

Condescending much?

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'll believe Ukraine is being used by the west when Ukraine objects to being used.  Currently they are asking for more support in their fight against Russia, not less.

Exactly and how is that going and how long is the US, UK and Europe going to keep supplying.

It doesn't look good. 

17 hours ago, tgw said:

that's a very good article and has some interesting points, although some made me even more skeptical about the current US government reaction should Vlad use of nuclear heads,  as " President Joe Biden has made clear that any use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine would be “completely unacceptable” and “entail severe consequences.” But his administration has remained publicly ambiguous about what those consequences would be" as it reminds me of Obama comments when Vlad invaded Crimea, if I remember he did said "there is a red line that Putin should not cross....Putin did cross the red line and Obama was daltonian and didn't saw it, hope Biden doesn't suffer from same disease

daltonian

(dɔːlˈtəʊnɪən)

adj
relating to John Dalton or his atomic theory
n
a person affected by daltonism or colour-blindness 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/fb-10285787/The-action-Obama-took-deter-Putin-invading-Crimea-2014.html

"In 2014 - when Biden was vice president and Barack Obama sat in the Oval - that administration tried calls with Russian President Vladimir Putin and sanctions threats to stop Moscow from annexing the Crimea. 

It didn't work. 

7 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's a very good article and has some interesting points, although some made me even more skeptical about the current US government reaction should Vlad use of nuclear heads,  as " President Joe Biden has made clear that any use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine would be “completely unacceptable” and “entail severe consequences.” But his administration has remained publicly ambiguous about what those consequences would be" as it reminds me of Obama comments when Vlad invaded Crimea, if I remember he did said "there is a red line that Putin should not cross....Putin did cross the red line and Obama was daltonian and didn't saw it, hope Biden doesn't suffer from same disease

daltonian

(dɔːlˈtəʊnɪən)

adj
relating to John Dalton or his atomic theory
n
a person affected by daltonism or colour-blindness 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/fb-10285787/The-action-Obama-took-deter-Putin-invading-Crimea-2014.html

"In 2014 - when Biden was vice president and Barack Obama sat in the Oval - that administration tried calls with Russian President Vladimir Putin and sanctions threats to stop Moscow from annexing the Crimea. 

It didn't work. 

Boeing E-6 Mercury apparently need to be close to Biden while he is attending G7 in Berlin. Hopefully just a show of force.

FWKq3u9WIAIxJbR.jpeg

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Boeing E-6 Mercury apparently need to be close to Biden while he is attending G7 in Berlin. Hopefully just a show of force.

FWKq3u9WIAIxJbR.jpeg

standard procedure at that defcon level

• Haha 1