Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

I think this gentleman (and the photographer) can expect a visit from some very peed off FSB officials shortly. Or maybe they have been shipped off to a prison camp in Siberia already, sho knows. 

• Haha 1

Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine

Event:  The Department of State has information that Russia is stepping up efforts to launch strikes against Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure and government facilities in the coming days. Russian strikes in Ukraine pose a continued threat to civilians and civilian infrastructure. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to depart Ukraine now using privately available ground transportation options if it is safe to do so.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-kyiv-ukraine-6/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I think we can safely assume that this will be a huge show trial, probably broadcast live on Russian TV, with an outcome of (almost) exclusively death sentences for all involved.

If it happens its a red line for Zelensky:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday said negotiations would be “impossible” with Russia if it holds a trial for captured defenders from Mariupol.

“If this despicable show trial takes place, if our people are brought into this scenery in violation of all agreements, all international rules, if there is abuse … this will be the line beyond which any negotiations are impossible,” Zelensky said on Monday. 

“Russia will cut itself off from the negotiations,” he continued. “There will be no more conversations. Our state has said everything.”

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3610680-zelensky-knocks-russian-plans-to-put-captured-ukrainians-on-trial/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine

Event:  The Department of State has information that Russia is stepping up efforts to launch strikes against Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure and government facilities in the coming days. Russian strikes in Ukraine pose a continued threat to civilians and civilian infrastructure. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to depart Ukraine now using privately available ground transportation options if it is safe to do so.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-kyiv-ukraine-6/

the US should just give Ukraine the long range missiles and let them use them as they feel, no restrictions and the Orcs will start peeing on their pants

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

the US should just give Ukraine the long range missiles and let them use them as they feel, no restrictions and the Orcs will start peeing on their pants

Ukraine may already have them and be using them:

Why Ukraine probably has long-range missiles

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-atacms-himars-missiles-161843626.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Russian security service claim to have identified killer of Darya Dugina lacks credibility

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/22/russian-security-service-fsb-claim-to-have-identified-killer-of-darya-dugina-lacks-credibilityA

Obviously, propaganda to blame the Azov battalion and Ukraine.

Firstly, to justify Russia's past persecution of the Azov prisoners and their future trial for war crimes.

Secondly, to justify the possible bombing of the sh** out of Kyiv tomorrow on their Independence Day celebrations.

Good breakdown of the Moscow assassination by Jake Broe earlier today.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I think we can safely assume that this will be a huge show trial, probably broadcast live on Russian TV, with an outcome of (almost) exclusively death sentences for all involved.

If this is believed it is in itself a War crime as defined under the Geneva Convention. No prisoners should be paraded in front of Cameras for Propaganda purposes.

Reports that a New Zealand soldier, who was on leave, has been killed in Ukraine.  RIP mate.

"The New Zealand Defence Force says it has received reports that a soldier who was on leave has been killed in Ukraine.

"The soldier was on a period of leave without pay at the time and was not on active duty with the NZDF," a statement said. 

"At this early stage, there is still more information to be gathered in order to understand the circumstances fully.""

New Zealand soldier killed in Ukraine, reports say - NZDF (msn.com)

• Sad 1

Ukraine war: Russia railway station strike kills 22, injures dozens

A Russian rocket strike on a Ukrainian train station has killed 22 people, Ukraine says, on the day marking six months since Moscow's invasion began.

It says five of the victims of the attack in the eastern town of Chaplyne burnt to death in a vehicle. An 11-year-old boy also was killed.

President Volodymyr Zelensky announced the strike in the middle of a UN Security Council meeting. He said about 50 people were injured.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62666188

Can anyone tell me or give me a reason for Russia to deliberately target a Railway Station knowing full well civilians will be at the Station. Was it a military Target ? was it being used to launch missiles or firing shells onto Russian territory ? only yesterday a kremlin spokesman came out with the old  " We are slowing our advance to mitigate Civilian Casualties " another pack of lies from the lying Russians.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Can anyone tell me or give me a reason for Russia to deliberately target a Railway Station knowing full well civilians will be at the Station. Was it a military Target ? was it being used to launch missiles or firing shells onto Russian territory ? only yesterday a kremlin spokesman came out with the old  " We are slowing our advance to mitigate Civilian Casualties " another pack of lies from the lying Russians.

I can not say the Russians are hitting civilian targets on purpose.

Maybe they do and maybe they don't.

They probably don't care.

If you take into account the kind of out dated equipment they are using then it would make sense to realize what they are doing.

They have no gps technology to guide their bombs and missiles.

If they want to hit something they just start sending a lot of missiles

in the direction of the target in the hope they hit something.

Imo they are not going to admit this is the best they can do.

If you look at the many still pictures and videos of The Ukraine at the moment you can see what i mean.

Craters all over the farmland and no targets in site.

A big waste of money and effort and of course lives.

The Ukrainian Army now has guided missiles to use,so much better

and very effective.

Also they can now attack from a lot saver distance,out of reach of the Russian missiles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Terror tactics. The US warned this was going to happen just a couple of days ago. 25 dead now including 2 children 

Let's not forget Russia has Targeted Schools, Hospitals, Theatres, Shopping Centers, Residential Apartment blocks, and Railway stations. Don't be fooled by thinking there using outdated Missiles they simply fire them off indiscriminately knowing full well they are not military targets.  They have used Hypersonic Missiles for maximum damage. The World has seen through the lies and excuses and can't be believed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Let's not forget Russia has Targeted Schools, Hospitals, Theatres, Shopping Centers, Residential Apartment blocks, and Railway stations. Don't be fooled by thinking there using outdated Missiles they simply fire them off indiscriminately knowing full well they are not military targets.  They have used Hypersonic Missiles for maximum damage. The World has seen through the lies and excuses and can't be believed.  

Couldn’t agree with you more. Russia should be labelled a terrorist state, just like Iran and North -Korea, and treated as such, with a total boycott. They can not be trusted in any way, their words and promises mean nothing anymore. The crazies have taken over and they have to be removed (and preferably thrown in jail) before any semblance of a normal relationship can be negotiated again. My guess is that it’s probably going to get a lot worse before that is likely to happen, though.

• Like 2

Ukraine's New Black Hornet Drones Can Spy on Russian Military Undetected

Norway and Great Britain are jointly providing Ukraine with "Black Hornet" military micro-drones that can be used to spy on Russian forces due to their minute size.

The drones can fit in the palm of one's hand and are described by The Debrief news site as the "smallest operational military micro-drone in the world," measuring about 4 inches by 1 inch from tip to tail with a 4-inch rotor span, and weighing 16 grams. They are manufactured by Prox Dynamics of Norway, which was acquired by FLIR Systems in 2016.

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-black-hornet-micro-drones-reconnaissance-undetected-1737135

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

I think you are just a little off track,according to Reuters the Russians have used the Kinzhal missile only three times during this war.

I have no idea why only three times ,i have to dig some more.

When you look at pictures of the battle field you can see craters just a few meters apart in areas where there are no targets.

That tells me they just fire a lot and hope something will hit a target.

When you do that you will of course also hit other (civilian) targets.

On purpose or not?Who is to say?Time will tell.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-has-deployed-kinzhal-hypersonic-missile-three-times-ukraine-2022-08-21/

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. Russia should be labelled a terrorist state, just like Iran and North -Korea, and treated as such, with a total boycott. They can not be trusted in any way, their words and promises mean nothing anymore. The crazies have taken over and they have to be removed (and preferably thrown in jail) before any semblance of a normal relationship can be negotiated again. My guess is that it’s probably going to get a lot worse before that is likely to happen, though.

Just like Iran and North Korea?

Imo much worse, Russia has attacked and killed opponents abroad and has started a full scale war.

• Like 1