Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

55 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

no civilised nation would tolerate faction leaders having private militias, and no modern professional army would contain battalions under private leadership. 

Instead of embarrassed statement I would recommend you to enlighten first yourself - just searching for Blackwater and/or Erik Princ...  (and are we still with Afghanistan?)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Russia destroying evidence of one of its largest war crimes in Ukraine.

Moscow-installed authorities in occupied Mariupol have started to demolish the city's drama theatre, a local Ukrainian official said Friday.

The Mariupol drama theatre was hit by a Russian rocket strike in March while hundreds of civilians, including children, were sheltering inside. It has since become a symbol of Russian aggression during its 10-month invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/12/23/ukraine-war-north-korea-wagner-deny-completing-arms-delivery-a79785

image.jpeg.5df9e4a93a70f6861a8e3c24d19d6eac.jpegimage.jpeg.70a3249e8f3b01d0b3f79aa9a25944e7.jpegimage.jpeg.797dfaefb24439b6ebfa14879ab847e1.jpegimage.jpeg.94fe3364dbfab2c1dd0fb4aabf77773e.jpeg

• Like 1

In the meantime, while her husband (deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov) was no doubt busy plotting more evil acts against innocent Ukrainian civilians, Svetlana Ivanova spent US$85,000 in a Paris shopping spree.
The word I would describe her (and her husband) with begins with a c, but unfortunately I can’t use that word on this forum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wife-of-vladimir-putins-deputy-defense-minister-spent-dollar85000-in-paris-shopping-spree-as-russia-devastated-ukraine-with-bomb-attacks/ar-AA15z8LJ?ocid=FeedManager

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

In the meantime, while her husband (deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov) was no doubt busy plotting more evil acts against innocent Ukrainian civilians, Svetlana Ivanova spent US$85,000 in a Paris shopping spree.
The word I would describe her (and her husband) with begins with a c, but unfortunately I can’t use that word on this forum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wife-of-vladimir-putins-deputy-defense-minister-spent-dollar85000-in-paris-shopping-spree-as-russia-devastated-ukraine-with-bomb-attacks/ar-AA15z8LJ?ocid=FeedManager

Are they not part of any sanctions?

24 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Prigozhin is dead meat waking. He wants to expropriate the oligarchs wealth and build a military state. 

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1606896537027874816?s=20&t=Y72KKdcwvN8msFEyEi47xw

If he seriously starts taking away money from the Russian kleptocracy, he will very probably die a mysterious death (fall down some stairs, or out the window, have a ‘heart attack’), like so many Russian oligarchs before him this year. The world would be a much better place without that scumbag, so here’s hoping he will soon be worm food.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Duma prepares higher taxation for Russians who left country:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/duma-prepares-higher-taxation-russians-who-left-country-speaker-2022-12-25/

The oligarchs have more than enough money to help out mother Russia in this time of need. But they won’t. So what does the Duma do? Purely out of spite, they raise taxes for those who fled the country to save their lives. How pathetic.

• Like 1

regardless how Putin plays it with his cronies, the reality is as simple as 1,2 and 3.... he's getting his rear kicked from all different places and now that Ukraine (finally) decided/has the tools to go on the offensive it's worse for him

Attack in Russia: military complex in Moscow destroyed

Attack in Russia: military complex in Moscow destroyed (msn.com)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

regardless how Putin plays it with his cronies, the reality is as simple as 1,2 and 3.... he's getting his rear kicked from all different places and now that Ukraine (finally) decided/has the tools to go on the offensive it's worse for him

Attack in Russia: military complex in Moscow destroyed

Attack in Russia: military complex in Moscow destroyed (msn.com)

Well, unless the Biden Administration gives the Ukrainians the weaponry that allows them to go after the Russian power grid and military targets, the Ukrainians will be at a disadvantage in this regard. Unless they can come up with weaponry of their own to begin to make the Russian civilian population experience the loss of power and the Russian military to realize that being inside Russian borders no longer provides protection.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Russians are useless at economics but good at war. Make no mistake..The incompetence of Western leaders in waging an effective economic war is leading us up a creek with no paddle. Just my personal opinion, based on Napleon, Hitler,and Gustavus Adolphus. Somebody need's to get with the program, and quick. The time window is closing. The only way I see this going is nuclear. Some people just like to see the world burn -555.

Edited by Rimmer
Thai language removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nausea said:

The Russians are useless at economics but good at war. Make no mistake..The incompetence of Western leaders in waging an effective economic war is leading us up a creek with no paddle. Just my personal opinion, based on Napleon, Hitler,and Gustavus Adolphus. Somebody need's to get with the program, and quick. The time window is closing. The only way I see this going is nuclear. Some people just like to see the world burn -555.

They certainly are not doing to well in the Ukraine,also the economy is really going downhill.

It all ads up,Russia is losing on the battle field and in economics.

You and i must be getting info from different sources.

Maybe it is good to look at some sources in Russia and i do not mean

the Russian state owned radio and tv channels.

Just look at the %of GDP of the countries involved,taking all of that into

account Russia just can not win.

Already money taken away form hospitals and education in Russia,not a good sign.

The extremer the propaganda the worse the lies,it will not help.

You can cheat some of the people some of the time but you can not cheat all of the people all of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

The war in Ukraine ???????? could very well be what the Spanish Civil War was to WWII: a test bed for new military equipment and strategies, a massive kick-start to the weapons industry and a warmup to the big one.

Except, it will not be nuclear. Nuclear powers have carte blanche to wage war only as long as the nuclear card never gets played.

Sadly ????,  in our part of the world the PLA will most likely repeat the mistakes and horrors of the rising sun in the '40.