Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well obviously we all know the aid from Nato and other countries has been vital to Ukraine from the beginning. The point being however those weapons provded to Ukraine have been legal and not UN violations

No one gives a rat's about the UN, it has become ridiculous. It should be moved to Turky

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No one gives a rat's about the UN, it has become ridiculous. It should be moved to Turky

Wonders never cease. I actually gave you a thumbs up.

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well obviously we all know the aid from Nato and other countries has been vital to Ukraine from the beginning. The point being however those weapons provded to Ukraine have been legal and not UN violations

Wow, I will sleep better knowing that no western countries ever violates UN regulations. Oh, wait…

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

As for making you look stupid, I’m just going with the flow here. I noticed a lot of posts that insults the other poster gets a lot of likes and thumbs up and trophies whereas I seem to be getting only confused looks. Not sure if my posts are confusing or whether some people are easily confused.

Don't get hung up on those 'badges'. In the Ukraine and Israel thread, it always comes from the same three guys whom you can basically ignore in the sense of a meaningful debate. They have absolutely nothing to offer, as their opinions just parrot what either Fox News* or CNN are spitting out. Best is to just post your opinion without quoting anybody and then see who's staying on topic and worth your time in case they quote you.

*It reminds me of the time where Tucker Carlson was calling out the Ukraine war hoax on Fox News and then Hannity came on right after and telling us that total war against Russia is needed. You can debate with Tucker fans but not with the Hannity boomers.

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

A post with a link to a Questionable Source has been reported and removed.   

As per the The War in Ukraine forum header:

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Ukraine War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, metisdead said:

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

A post with a link to a Questionable Source has been reported and removed.   

As per the The War in Ukraine forum header:

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Ukraine War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.

Thank you for the clarification.

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Which obviously rules you out.

deflecting again, not surprising

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

deflecting again, not surprising

You really have a comprehension, communication and reading problem. I replied to your post saying that I don’t know what you are trying to say. How is that deflecting?

My second comment of ruling you out was not directed at you but to another poster. 

• Confused 4

17 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

You can debate with Tucker fans but not with the Hannity boomers.

You really have a thing with "boomers" don't you? It's like you think they are all of the same mind. :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not talking directly to some smug persons here and i know they will not change their mind but

for normal people who can relate.

I can see very clearly now how your opinions are formed, if you are believing BS like this. 

I wonder if this would be considered a credible source by AN guidelines, particularly also as he is repeating something said in Russian into English which may or may not be accurate. However, I will not report this post unlike some as I believe it is important to hear all sides and then form our own opinions based on what we hear.

Some of the posters here should try that as well lol.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

https://www.thedailybeast.com/frontline-ukrainians-fear-new-aid-from-us-will-be-a-disaster

Oleg sighed when The Daily Beast told him about the events 5,000 miles away in Washington, D.C. “Are you serious?” he said. “Now this war will just continue.”

and

“In my mind, and all of my friends, this money doesn’t help Ukraine,” he said. “Our country has too much corruption.”

“The new money will just prolong the war, and civilians and the military are tired. People want peace and negotiations. Not the continuation of the conflict,” he added.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, tgw said:

this will be a pretty thick book.

The Ukrainian book of remembrance ??

Edited by johng
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Seppius said:

$60 billion has changed the picture, plus other countries stepping up more UK and France for example

Yes the picture is looking more and more like all out NATO involvement and therefore WWIII.

• Confused 6
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Since that was published, US passes the bill

https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-weapons-russia-congress-aid-a28f463da6df2f144e3bbdbf47254ece

Many of the weapons are now in Ukraine as they were being stored in Germany and Poland, hence the success Ukraine has had very recently

$60 billion has changed the picture, plus other countries stepping up more UK and France for example

Optimistic report, although I haven’t come across any significant Ukrainian success recently. You are not making that up, are you?

This is a more balanced and believable report.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/03/us/politics/ukraine-weapons-us.html

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes the picture is looking more and more like all out NATO involvement and therefore WWIII.

Speaking of idiot ideas and WW3...

"We can't let Ukraine fall because if it does, then there's a significant likelihood that America will have to get into the conflict — not simply with our money, but with our servicewomen and our servicemen," (Hakeem) Jeffries (D) said in an interview with Norah O'Donnell for 60 Minutes. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrat-leader-jeffries-pro-putin-faction-in-gop-delayed-ukraine-aid-60-minutes/

Edit:  I found that first on RT.com, and had to search the interwebs to make sure it wasn't just Russkie propaganda.  Nope.  Sadly, it's that stoopid.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 2