Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

7 hours ago, rabas said:

The tanks aren't busy, they just aren't.

Russia Might Be Running Out Of Tanks (Forbes Jan 2024)

Russia has lost roughly 90% of its existing active tank force since the start of the war. They are now surviving on replacements. Whether they can or not depends on whether you believe Russian state propaganda (cough) or objective military analysis.

2018 Victory Day Parade proudly displayed their latest, most advanced T-14 tanks. No more. T-14s were sent to Ukraine and eventually withdrawn as being not battle ready.  "On 4 September 2023, TASS reported that the T-14 Armata has been withdrawn from Ukraine. " WIKI  

T-14 Armata: Russia's Tank Nightmare Just Won't End

"Moreover, the T-14's performance in Ukraine has been underwhelming, leading to its quick withdrawal from the front lines."  Worse, Russia had to halt T-14 production in Nov 2022 due to budget constraints.  WIKI  

Is Putin winning yet?

Is Ukraine winning? If no ammunition, no weapons, no men and losing 20% of your territory is winning, I shudder to think what losing looks like.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Is Russia winning?A 3 days special operation that is still going on now! The second strongest army in the world,more people,more equipment and more money!

Is that what winning looks like?

Just have a look at their losses,they are staggering!

I don’t recall reading anywhere that Putin said the SMO was supposed to last only 3 days. I believe this is the usual western propaganda. I could be wrong and will admit as much if you can show me a credible link to Putin saying this. Else, you are just making this up, something your buddies are fond of accusing others of doing.

I do believe that this conflict has lasted longer than Putin wanted. He calculated correctly that that clown Zelensky would quickly go to the negotiating table which he did. What Putin didn’t anticipate was that the US and the UK would scupper the deal by over promising Zelensky of their strength and support. The rest is history in the making.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeell, your team are making a complete cock-up of the whole thing, but your leader doesn't care, he still thinks in the 1940's, fodder...........🤔

Controlling 20% of the opponent’s territory, de-militarising it to the extent that they hardly have any more artillery to fire, Ukraine about to engage in forceful repatriation of its citizens in other countries to fight on the frontline… A cock-up? It seems,that you know less about warfare than you know about modern day cars.

51 minutes ago, rabas said:

Do you really want to open Pandora's Box?

A  full survey of Putin's failures is beyond a forum. From stopping his unstoppable missiles, penetrating his impenetrable air defenses, (hence ruining his international weapons market), nearly loosing the entire active fleet of fabled Russian tanks, or slowly losing his Black Sea fleet to a country with no navy. Did I mention the soon to disappear bridge?  And, a favorite Putin S-400 clip

You could google "Putin's military failures" but the list is long, here is a good article from the Atlantic Council think tank, Russia’s failing Ukraine invasion is exposing Putin’s many weaknesses.

A deeper look at Putin's failures to the Russian people and to Russia itself. Stanford's Center for International Security and Cooperation: Putin's Failures to Deliver  And, most Russians know these things.

Both articles are good background from think tank experts whose job is finding the truth. 

I’m sure there’s loads of articles in the western media about Putin’s military failures. After all, the west has to keep the grift going, doesn’t it? And let me guess, all these think tank experts are westerners? Completely impartial, I’m sure, lol.

Just look at the facts. Who controlled Eastern Ukraine before the conflict and who controls it now? Who is having a shortage of weapons, ammunition and men? Surely one doesn’t need to be a genius to add 2 and 2. The real,experts know the answer but are unfortunately censored here, there and everywhere…

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your own post supports what I said about the tanks that exist being a bit busy to parade around Moscow.

How are those Leopards that were going to win the war doing?

Is Zelensky winning yet?

One thing the west wins in is the great sounding names attached to their weapons; Leopard, Challenger, Abrams  etc

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

One thing the west wins in is the great sounding names attached to their weapons; Leopard, Challenger, Abrams  etc

Very up to date this video,well done!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Red Tool..................:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting. If true it must be exercising western tank makers, as that is a pretty shoddy performance considering how they were going to win the war. We don't hear much about that any more and have not heard about how the orcs are losing either. Could it all be falling apart? Oh no, the orcs might win, the sky is falling.

It was a bit amusing that Zelensky wants the west to front up with hundreds of modern tanks, considering the west doesn't actually have many and they might just possibly need them themselves.

One of the bases I worked on had a working Centurion tank, but they rarely drove it because it's too thirsty. Takes a lot of petrol to move something that heavy.

Another takeaway from vdo is that the Leopard is a better tank than the Challenger. Considering the Brits invented the things, one might expect them to do better, but I've seen a few British WW2 tanks and was not impressed.

However, can anything match the Sherman for it's ability to catch fire ( the Germans apparently called it a Tommy cooker ), and who thought it a good idea to use petrol in a tank?

Anyway, tanks are probably going the way of the battleship. One guy with a shoulder mounted weapon can immobilise any tank simply by damaging the suspension or drive wheel. Millions of $ worth of tank immobilised by a guy with an RPG.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, tgw said:

Ukraine had started running low on ammo about 1 or 2 months before I posted this topic:

and they were completely ammo starved by the end of October, defending themselves since then with practically 0 of the "important ammo".

6 month without arty ammo ...

but that should now be a thing of the past, since US and EU production has picked up to cover at least 30-40% of Ukraine's needs of arty ammo.

One wonders why Ukraine would get into an extended conflict with their much more powerful neighbour when they don’t have the resources (financial and military) to compete. Having to depend on the US and NATO is proving very costly (remember what they say about having America as a friend?).

20 hours ago, tgw said:

this video's poster image has a disinformative title, see here from that timestamp :

allegedly 16 Leopards destroyed.

"Shoigu...believes that is 100% of Leopards delivered by Poland and Portugal."

Allegedly is the right word. For both sides’ claims…

• Confused 4

59 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They didn't get into an extended conflict. They were invaded and had no choice.

Hmm.. you edited your post before I had the opportunity to respond. See my post above which responds to your edited post.

• Confused 2