Thailand moving to scrap all tourist restrictions this year once the Covid virus is declared endemic

webfact

9 hours ago, tonray said:

The insurance 'Industry' (relatives of high level government ministers) is not going down without a fight....a source of zero risk cash flow is not easy to give up

Yesterday on the news the insurance for covid could not pay out so big thing this insurance 

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

You will be seeing this more and more as the pandemic is declared over.  Just give it time.  

Omicron is a total joke.  A total utter joke.  

tell that to the parents/relatives of the ones who died and you will see their reaction

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, desert dueller said:

I'd wait for how BA.2 variant turns out. Seems to be the next big wave on the horizon. And apparently much worse than anything encountered previously.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/health/covid-ba2-omicron-studies-explainer/index.html

Maybe not, at least according to the data from multiple countries.

Clinical severity data from South Africa, the U.K., and Denmark [...] showed no differences in severity between BA.1 and BA.2

No Real-World Evidence BA.2 Is More Severe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonray said:

The insurance 'Industry' (relatives of high level government ministers) is not going down without a fight....a source of zero risk cash flow is not easy to give up

So silly. Reasonable insurance requirements for foreign travellers in the future would more than offset the current profits most of which are more in the mind of 'farang' paranoids and myth believing Thai bashers. Enforced insurance and enforced payouts are not good business.  Many companies either went bust or could not afford to offer covid insurance.  Insurance companies are based on probity and honesty but are are ready widely distrusted. They need stability not erratic market conditions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

Nobody,” !   Is saying lockdown for life , But how can you say this with infections rising again !!?? They go from one extreme to another there’s no middle of the road with common sense here in Thailand !! 

just to reiterate..

received_7109742435766633.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tonray said:

Totally agree but I hope they really do scrap ALL requirements

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Your right again, money rules! With the Russian invasion going on interest on barrowed money maybe going up. So it might be a good time to let the doors swing open for the tourist.

And so its 'money' for England and Holland too who are relaxing restrictions? Why shouldn't the Thai economy be allowed to benefit by diminishing covid restrictions? How is that a bad thing? I say Good Luck to Thailand in overcoming the economic suffering that covid has caused. Only Thai haters and Thai bashers would hold any other view.

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's a huge step forward......looking forward to that so I can travel around again....

I'm waiting for the five year nomad visa, instead of a TV. Earlier I had the plan to travel in May for three months, maybe I should postpone it till the nomad visa is available. 

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thailand see's other countries are opening up with minimal restrictions and now they don't want to miss out on tourists ...  hence their dropping of restrictions .... Lol    it's purely money,  nothing else   !!!

Well, what else could it be, true love.