PM Grateful for Saudi Arabian King's Generosity

webfact

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Any chance he might reciprocate and give the diamonds back????

There is  was no way in heck, diplomatic relations would be established unless he returned the stolen diamonds. As the Thai government had chosen to free the policeman involved with the Saudi embassy personnel murders. To his credit Gen Prayut manned up and made the trip.

34 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

As the Thai government had chosen to free the policeman involved with the Saudi embassy personnel murders.

I was not aware they had even found the murderers of the Saudi Businessmen,

but the Policeman involved with the jewelry and murder of the jewlers wife and

child was freed 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said Gen Prayut was extremely grateful for King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud's donation of 50,060 Korans to Thai Muslims.

Me think there will be many, many korans left behind, now, had theses korans had a 1000 baht banknotes in them thy would be gone in a jiffy...

• Haha 1

Saudi King gifts 50,060 copies of Quran to Thai Muslims ahead of Ramadan

000_9QP27B.jpg

FILE / Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz / AFP

King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia recently sent 50,060 copies of the Holy Quran, in various sizes and languages, to Muslims in Thailand, as a gesture of good will between his country and Thailand as the two countries have resumed full diplomatic ties, said Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana today (Tuesday).

Saudi Arabia is home to Mecca, Islam’s holiest city and is the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad.

He said that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was pleased with the Saudi monarch’s kind gesture.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/saudi-king-gifts-50060-copies-of-quran-to-thai-muslims-ahead-of-ramadan/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

23 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I was not aware they had even found the murderers of the Saudi Businessmen,

but the Policeman involved with the jewelry and murder of the jewlers wife and

child was freed 

Well they did not find them, according to the Thai Supreme Court.

The five officers who had been tried for the murder the Saudi businessman Mohammad alRuwali were acquitted in the final Supreme court case; March 2019. There had been other court cases, charges dismissed, then recharged. These officers were thought to have knowledge of, but never charged with, the murders of four embassy workers.

This was a different group than Lt Chalor's who had been convicted of the jewelers families murder, then had his sentence reduced, eventually received a royal pardon in 2015. 

Edited by Dcheech
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

It is a thing of wonder to watch Thailand build and implement new relationships with governments such as that in Saudi Arabia and the newly installed military in Myanmar.  So wise of them to reinforce ties with North Korea, Russia, Pakistan, and Iran rather than expand diplomatic and trade initiatives with such unnecessary countries as the US and UK and the EU.

That in itself is an indictment of those running the country. 

So far Thailand has regressed in the last 20 years, and the future was so bright back then. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But Saudi takes no Muslim refugees. It build thousands of mosques here soon

It already funds 200 or so radical Islamic schools in the South. 

Maybe the Generals are hoping that if they are all matey again with the House of Saud, that militant Islam won't be a problem down there anymore?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

Well Thailand should reciprocate by delivering 50,070 copies of the Budhast equivalent but dont hold your breath waiting to be thanked by the Saudi King or Prince!!

Unless you lived there you dont know nothing..... I worked there 9 years......   give you one of many examples...  my uk boss returned from vacation thailand.....   in front og him in the immigration que was 2 thais....  when the officer found a buddha statue in their bag he smashed it on the floor.......  my boss saw them outside and gave them the one he just brought back ....  he figured they would enjoy it more than him, being a christian......   I thought , what a lovely act of humanity in the face of <deleted>...

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2022 at 2:02 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

But Saudi takes no Muslim refugees. It build thousands of mosques here soon

There is a huge half finished mosque on the river bank about 10 km east of Chiang Rai. It has been left unfinished for at least 7 years. It is not very popular as it is in a predominantly Christian village, which a missionary group carved out of the (then) jungle in 1947.

What is the betting that all of a sudden the money will be found to finish it?

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

There is a huge half finished mosque on the river bank about 10 km east of Chiang Rai. It has been left unfinished for at least 7 years. It is not very popular as it is in a predominantly Christian village, which a missionary group carved out of the (then) jungle in 1947.

What is the betting that all of a sudden the money will be found to finish it?

Witness the massive mosque built in regents Park in the 60s. During the Syrian refugee crisis Saudi offered to build hundreds of mosques for 'free' in Germany.

But Arabs love to Party and Bahrain and Dubai has it all and in many ways are freer and more liberal than Thailand. The Arabs love their night life, dance, music  wine women and song..The men know how to dance and they are silven tongued charmers. In Bahrain the Thai girls preferred Arab men to Farang men. They are sensualists at heart....and more engaged than Chinese tour groups..

Edited by The Hammer2021

On 3/1/2022 at 12:50 AM, petermik said:

Any chance he might reciprocate and give the diamonds back????

we can assume that it was discreetly returned since the former holder is dying somewhere in some private hospital

the looting has already started,

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, Seeall said:

Unless you lived there you dont know nothing..... I worked there 9 years......   give you one of many examples...  my uk boss returned from vacation thailand.....   in front og him in the immigration que was 2 thais....  when the officer found a buddha statue in their bag he smashed it on the floor.......  my boss saw them outside and gave them the one he just brought back ....  he figured they would enjoy it more than him, being a christian......   I thought , what a lovely act of humanity in the face of <deleted>...

Who did you work for in SA?