Hidden signature on Thai bank savings account passbooks

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes we are.

The video shows machine reading only.

So will a regular black light flashlight work or not?

As it works for me with that safescan which is a mini uv. it would work with ANY uv light showing a white signature on the violet color bankbookpage...but must look good as is whiter on violetwhite background ....to be sure take your glasses on ????

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I would rather wait to buy something that I know will work.

Look for a bar or disco bar who have uv lighting .....but yes ...transport costs an a beer it could cost also...????????

????

Yeah that's quite funny. I tend to never update and replace my passbook and remember getting scolded that my signature didn't match. Lo and behold, I had forgotten that I had signed with only my family name when I had opened that account about 12 years earlier.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, tonray said:

Oh...and just a word of advice...if you ever want to sleep soundly in a hotel again....never use this light on the bed or area around the bed......you have been warned

I did it longtime ago and regretted it ever since   ????????????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, david555 said:

Look for a bar or disco bar who have uv lighting .....but yes ...transport costs an a beer it could cost also...????????

????

Silly comment.

It's not the cost as you rudely assume.

These items appear to be shipping from China on Lazada.

That takes a long time.

Geez Louise, since when is trying to make sure that you're buying the right tool for the job that will actually work some kind of federal crime worthy of childish ridicule? 

Edited by Jingthing

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Silly comment.

It's not the cost as you rudely assume.

These items appear to be shipping from China on Lazada.

That takes a long time.

Geez Louise, since when is trying to make sure that you're buying the right tool for the job that will actually work some kind of federal crime worthy of childish ridicule? 

As you made it so by asking if invisable  signature is there ....yes it is there ...,and  you can check any ware where  a  u.v. is in use .

BTW.  from beginning i said already it works , but you keep going on it on and on , as others also said you can see under u.v. light .....and now you shift the topic to lazada slow delivery ...., ????

BTW. i bought that  safescan in my home country more than 15 years ago in a office supply shop , but i only gave the info as it seems you were not aware it hade a U.V. light also ,just pushing a button to make it shining on any surface or object ????....????

You are making a simple thing look  like a big problem 

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

i have had the SAME problem with LH.bank its over 10yrs.since they had my signature and i am now suffering with epilepsy and bad athritus in my writng hand,complained to head office which is like talking to a tailors dummyNOW they take my photo every time i visit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, meatboy said:

i have had the SAME problem with LH.bank its over 10yrs.since they had my signature and i am now suffering with epilepsy and bad athritus in my writng hand,complained to head office which is like talking to a tailors dummyNOW they take my photo every time i visit.

Yes there can be medical.reasons. They can take a picture of my ding dong if they want as long as they don't separate me from that bank account.

When I was looking for a freon leak in my SUV A/C system I bought below Black/UV Light....and the light also works to show the signature on the bacl page of your bank passbook....you know, the signature(s) which you make on the last page of a new passbook but the bank rep tears that page off but that signing process create a signature on the passbook back back that can only be seen under a black/UV light.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/black-light-uv-led-51-365-400-nm-i1732504577-s4970516554.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.e39a7ff8AutqjX&search=1

image.png.1bd62388a5896887ab3e380ab6b410e0.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 2:15 PM, Jingthing said:

They should just use fingerprints or eyeball scans and be done with these ancient methods.

You can request to use print rather than signature AFAIK.  Wife started doing with KTB account when lost strength in writing hand.  

• Confused 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:08 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Are you sure that your signature is checked?

I doubt it.

How would it get there?

When opening the account you do two signatures on a thicker separate sheet which is then removed and added to the files at the bank.

BUT still interesting: I fiddled with a (smartphone) torch and actually you see that the sheets of the passbook are watermarked!

I think they just check for fake passbooks?

I will add some photo.

The thick separate sheet that you sign your signature on is sitting on top of the then empty bank book, the paper with ink is kept on file, uv ink on the back of the paper is transferred to the bank book itself 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

When I was looking for a freon leak in my SUV A/C system I bought below Black/UV Light....and the light also works to show the signature on the bacl page of your bank passbook....you know, the signature(s) which you make on the last page of a new passbook but the bank rep tears that page off but that signing process create a signature on the passbook back back that can only be seen under a black/UV light.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/black-light-uv-led-51-365-400-nm-i1732504577-s4970516554.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.e39a7ff8AutqjX&search=1

image.png.1bd62388a5896887ab3e380ab6b410e0.png

You win the prize here.

I will check to see if that item is available.

44 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can request to use print rather than signature AFAIK.  Wife started doing with KTB account when lost strength in writing hand.  

Do you mean fingerprint or writing your name in block letters?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If it works who cares?

as I wrote earlier - low quality (high wavelength 390+) ultraviolet might not highlight your particular bank book, as with my KTB example.

And with a high probability a high quality (low wavelenght 370-) ultraviolet will highlight every single bank's books.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fdsa said:

as I wrote earlier - low quality (high wavelength 390+) ultraviolet might not highlight your particular bank book, as with my KTB example.

And with a high probability a high quality (low wavelenght 370-) ultraviolet will highlight every single bank's books.

OK.

Too late.

I just bought it!

On 3/2/2022 at 2:15 PM, Jingthing said:

They should just use fingerprints or eyeball scans and be done with these ancient methods.

Great idea. In times of Covid, having to touch a fingerprint reader that 50-80 other people touched earlier that day...

Bad enough that one has to do it when arriving in Thailand.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fdsa said:

and this is a good example of a chinese sh't product: "365-400nm" means "400nm", not "365 nm". Do not recommend.

You are probably right about the UV light being closer to 400nm....or more specifically using 395nm LEDs which are cheaper than 365nm LEDs.  But 395nm LEDs also emit light about and below their 395nm peak light output making them a good choice price-wise because as mentioned 365nm LED are more pricey.

That Lazada ad I posted earlier was found with a quick search to find the light that I had bought years ago to find a freon leak on my SUV...and I also use it to look a the signature(s) on my Thai bank passbooks.  This particular 51 LED light is sold under many brand names and also as a no-name by many vendors....you can see it advertised as 365-400nm, 400nm, 395nm,  etc., especially on Lazada where posted specs can make you laugh (or cry) sometimes after they are google translated.   It's advertised everywhere....it's a solid little UV flashlight....aluminum case....etc.   Brand name-wise a good example is the Escolite 51 LED 395nm UV/blacklight.   See below Amazon ad.  It's the exact same light as the Lazada no-name ad I posted earlier except it has a Escolite label on it.  Maybe I should order 10,000 from some Chinese factory but with the label Piblite.

In closing the signature verification UV/blacklights used at places like banks use 365nm UV lights and normally sell for a couple hundred U.S. dollars retail....like the one at below weblink.

https://www.hittmarking.com/products/sl-2m-fraud-detection-and-signature-verification-lamp-lw#:~:text=UVP Fraud Detection UV Lamps,and alterations made to documents.

Amazon ad and a youtube video below regarding this 51 LED UV/blacklight flashlight.

https://www.amazon.com/Escolite-Flashlights-Flashlight-Handheld-Ultraviolet/dp/B008133KB4?th=1

image.png.7a1d6a43a3dee7cce9a6cf3e649b6ad5.png