Tangmo Might Fall Overboard on Sharp Turn

webfact

screenshot_16929.jpg

NONTHABURI, March 2 (TNA) – TV actress Nida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong might fall overboard when her speedboat made a sharp turn, according to police who also found a scratch and bruise on her boat companion.

Pol Lt Gen Jiraphat Phumjit, commissioner of the Provincial Police Region 1, told a press conference that accounts from suspects and witnesses including fishermen on a bank of the Chao Phraya River as well as a record from a global positioning system indicated that the speedboat traveled fast, then slowed down near the spot where Tangmo fell overboard and made a quick U-turn. Police had yet to determine if Tangmo fell accidentally or plunged into the river at the moment of the U-turn.

Police still had two suspects as existing evidence did not point to another. Other people in the tragic incident remained witnesses although their accounts did not completely convince police.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-893719

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-03-02

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1

The young lady might have fallen from the boat when it made a sharp turn, she may also have been sitting on the gunwale (side) of the boat. After all it was a party group having fun and she wasn't wearing a life jacket apparently. At this time of year water flow in the CP river is much slower than later in the year. Very sad for her family & friends.

11 minutes ago, me4175 said:
1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

The young lady might have fallen from the boat when it made a sharp turn, she may also have been sitting on the gunwale (side) of the boat. After all it was a party group having fun and she wasn't wearing a life jacket apparently. At this time of year water flow in the CP river is much slower than later in the year. Very sad for her family & friends.

Expand  

But why all these lies surrounding the incident then? It stinks to high heaven.

Which "lies" have proven to be lies?   Where have they been reported as fact, not simply interested parties' opinions?

• Confused 1

Guess she also could have been knocked overboard by an asteroid element that did not burn up on entry, The RTP  no doubt are searching their famous book of incredible theories based on the potential of rear pocket brown envelope deposits perhaps.

• Thanks 2

So far we have very few facts and a boatload of speculation. My wife is entertaining the most elaborate conspiracy theories about the event, worthy of any Thai soap opera. In fact if you watch the Thai news, it has already become a kind of soap opera.

What do we really know at this point? We know we have a speedboat trip up the Chao Praya river (for uncertain reasons) and a dead actress in the river with a deep cut on one leg. We're not even sure what stories the people on the speedboat are telling the authorities, and whether they've colluded on their stories.

The only thing that people are reasonably confident about at this point is that the Thai police will likely invent some story that will be to the benefit of the highest bidder.

Paul Laew

• Like 2

Any reasonably competent swimmer would have had no difficulty in swimming ashore or even treading water until being rescued by the boat from which she had allegedly fallen. That she was unable to do either would lead one to the conclusion that she was unable to swim or that she was knocked unconscious and sank immediately. Speculation has a fertile field upon which to grow. Let's be patient and wait for the result of the enquiry.

• Like 1

Do you have a boatload of people and one falls overboard do you think the people of been yelling for the boat to turn around to slow down and help right away something just doesn’t add up here something smells definitely fishy but then again we’re living an amazing Thailand TIT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

TV actress Nida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong might fall overboard when her speedboat made a sharp turn, according to police who also found a scratch and bruise on her boat companion.

The latest "guess" .... another to come tomorrow?

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My money is on a rogue, leaping Catfish !

Well you laugh, my BIL actually skived off work, again, as he claims a catfish bit him whilst fishing so there could be a basis for your statement.

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Do you have a boatload of people and one falls overboard do you think the people of been yelling for the boat to turn around to slow down and help right away something just doesn’t add up here something smells definitely fishy but then again we’re living an amazing Thailand TIT

It was reported that the boat did turn around and they started looking. But it was late at night, and I imagien visibility would have been low. 

4 hours ago, poyai111 said:

Any reasonably competent swimmer would have had no difficulty in swimming ashore or even treading water until being rescued by the boat from which she had allegedly fallen. That she was unable to do either would lead one to the conclusion that she was unable to swim or that she was knocked unconscious and sank immediately. Speculation has a fertile field upon which to grow. Let's be patient and wait for the result of the enquiry.

Have you fallen froma  boat before? It's not a pleasant experience. I recently fell from a banana boat, with life jacket. It was not nice. I think I went at least 1m underater, and the lifejacket got me to the surface quickly. But without it, I can see problems. And ones clothes become heavy when wet. 

One wonders where these cops studied law enforcement and forensic work. Scotland Yard? Don't think so. 

David and Hannah were murdered by Burmese immigrants, not the son of the super wealthy headman of Sairee Beach, on Dark Tao. 

The RedBull freak is really innocent. Just let him go. 

Believe RTP nonsense at your own peril. 

9 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I'm wondering what the tense of the headline is? I have 'o' level English but can't figure it out.

"Might fall" is a simple modal, indicating something that might happen in the future.

The article should have used the perfect form ("might have fallen") to indicate that the action happened in the past (if indeed it happened).

As my son would say, this is like way too pedantic. Sorry.

Paul Laew

• Thanks 1

You’d have to be pretty drunk (or stupid) to squat off the back of a moving speed boat to pee only holding on to someone’s leg. If the bathroom actually wasn’t working as reported (although never confirmed as far as I can tell), then why didn’t the boat stop and let her pee safely? It was late and dark. And why did it take so long for someone to contact the police? It seems that would have been done from the boat when they couldn’t locate her. Instead we see a video of them milling around the dock afterwards like nothing happened. It doesn’t make sense. But then again, this is Thailand where common sense is anything but common.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 1:14 AM, poyai111 said:

We did offshore safety training in BKK, practicing getting out of a downed helicopter.  When they asked who could swim and who couldn't, most of the Thai people did not know how. 

Add to that the dark, the shock of hitting the water unexpectedly, a fast flowing river, and a gash on the leg from a prop strike, and even a good swimmer could be overtaken.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:28 AM, Nkpjed said:

You’d have to be pretty drunk (or stupid) to squat off the back of a moving speed boat to pee only holding on to someone’s leg.

It doesn’t make sense. But then again, this is Thailand where common sense is anything but common.

Go to YouTube and search "boat fails" and you'll see literally tens of thousands of people doing stupider, all over the world where people can afford boats.