Vaccination Yellow Book advice please

Negita43

Today my Thai gf got her yellow vaccination book. On the first double page it shows her name, DOB, nationality and passport number - after the passport number the book says "whose signature follows" - she was not told when she collected the book that she needed to sign the book in the "whose signature follows" space.

Can anyone who has or has a partner who has a yellow vaccination book advise me if they have put their signature in this space?

Thanks

when i got mine, they made me sign it on their presence before they released it to me.. 

IMHO, there’s zero downside to signing it.. i guess in my head it’s somewhat like the signature on the back of many credit cards - they’re hardly ever looked at or used day-to-day, but sometimes someone asks- and to me, there’s no downside …

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I signed it in the administrators presence. Reality though is with travelling overseas and locally neither my wife or myself have been asked for the yellow book, only the vaccine certificates.

So when you go abroad you take the Thai certificates as well? We were only planning on the yellow book - thanks for the input

Thanks for the input everybody i agree there would appear to be no downside but if you read the back inside cover it says "Any correction of the certificate, or erased mark or failure to complete any part of it may render it invalid". So if you sign and you shouldn't have or if you don't sign it and you should have you could be stuffed either way.

Excuse my cynicism about all bureaucratic rules.

5 hours ago, Negita43 said:

So when you go abroad you take the Thai certificates as well? We were only planning on the yellow book - thanks for the input

I take everything ! My mor phrom app was accepted as a Green Pass in many places in Italy, but my vaccine certificates were questioned at an Italian airport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, the Mor Prom app now has a new feature, still in beta, EU Digital COVID Certificate.

Is this new feature for uploading one's EU certificate, or only for verifying an EU certificate?

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

Is this new feature for uploading one's EU certificate, or only for verifying an EU certificate?

It is for those vaccinated here in thailand. It is a yellow book replacement/substitute, a digital certificate in EU format, accepted in some 60 countries.

Personally I'd carry copies of everything: hospital certificate, government certificates and Mor Prom, The one thing I would not carry is some yellow booklet. Even the government recognizes the uselessness of this relic from the 1960s.

14 hours ago, Puccini said:

There is another feature for uploading EU certificates to a MOPH web address which doesn't seem to be working too well yet.

821446782_EUMorphrom.jpg.08c03a4b18740e268a6b635140070b34.jpg

• Like 1

It didn't work when I tried it earlier today but trying the "Scan QR Code" button again just now on the web page mohprompt-eudcc.moph.go.th on my phone, it worked.

697502510_MoPhromverificationofEUcertificate.thumb.jpg.a7ef86c0aa73741c8a40acebb4ac90da.jpg

Hooray!

If this will get integrated into the Mo Phrom app, it is probably what mtls2005 mentioned. I imagine a situation where there's a new outbreak somewhere in Thailand, for example Bangkok, and access to restaurants and other places get restricted to people with a valid Covid vaccination certificate. With this tool, the doorman will have a tool to verify European certificates quickly and efficiently. Of course, entry restrictions in Thailand will have to fall before hordes of European tourists can be expected again.

12 hours ago, treetops said:

Mine too, but the country of issue (UK) was written in German!  Vereinigtes Königreich

Interesting, and puzzling. Is perhaps a German national writing this program for them?

Incidentally, the verification apps of Italy, Switzerland and Luxembourg, which I have installed on my phone, do not show the name of the country that issued the certificate.

Edited by Puccini

I picked my vaccination book the week after they started issuing them.  On the day I went to the MOPH location to pick it up the gal who handed it to me had me sign in the location "Whose Signature Follows" then made a copy of the page and stapled it to her paperwork.  FWIW your GF should sign at section.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, Aussieroaming said:

I signed it in the administrators presence. Reality though is with travelling overseas and locally neither my wife or myself have been asked for the yellow book, only the vaccine certificates.

When I hit the US, I was asked for my vaccination certificate with my attestation, instead I showed them the yellow book and they were happy to see that Thailand had created a WHO style vaccination book.  When I picked up my booster the place I had my booster given in the US would not place it in the book, but instead gave me a US CDC certificate card and had me register it on-line.  Now I need to figure out how to add it to the Mor-Prom app and into my yellow book.

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

they were happy to see that Thailand had created a WHO style vaccination book

"They"?

Any paper vaccination certificate issued here by the MoPH is more than adequate for any activities in the U.S. 

If the yellow book makes you comfortable by all means buy one, they're only 50 baht. Yes, they look like something you could have picked up on KSR in the day, but I think for an older generation these might provide an extra layer of comfort.

• Haha 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

"They"?

Any paper vaccination certificate issued here by the MoPH is more than adequate for any activities in the U.S. 

If the yellow book makes you comfortable by all means buy one, they're only 50 baht. Yes, they look like something you could have picked up on KSR in the day, but I think for an older generation these might provide an extra layer of comfort.

You are hilarious.  If you bothered to get one you will find it is useful, but then believe what you will.  The Mor Prom app now has a Beta test app for the EU which shows the certificate as well.  

Slightly off topic but many mention the Thai app - 1. can you have the info for two people on the same phone. 2 Do you have to be connected to the internet to show the info or is it downloaded to the phone? sorry if they are silly questions but I really know nothing about the Thai app.

5 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Slightly off topic but many mention the Thai app - 1. can you have the info for two people on the same phone. 2 Do you have to be connected to the internet to show the info or is it downloaded to the phone? sorry if they are silly questions but I really know nothing about the Thai app.

Apple Store Genius told me the easiest option was just take a photo of the vax cert. I also took one of just the QR code. Then it's easy to access from your photos folder with no Internet.

6 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Yes, it is possible to access the records of more than one person using the Mor Phrom app.

You will have to log out of the first person's records and then log in using the second person's log-in credentials. My wife has done this with respect to her records and her mother's records.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:37 AM, Negita43 said:

2 Do you have to be connected to the internet to show the info or is it downloaded to the phone?

I just switched data and wifi off to try this and it prompted me to log-in whereas it normally goes straight to my details.  I couldn't log in without one of them being back on and re-starting the app so yes you need to be connected, or store a screenshot of the data elsewhere.