Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

"He said that Thai ganja was highly regarded comparing it with Khao Horm Mali (Jasmine Rice) for its tourism pulling power".

Yes, but the Thai ganja that the tourists regard highly is of the "Thai stick" variety, and not the variety that will be used for medicinal products!

"I can see trouble ahead!"

I have only one question to ask:

What drugs are most of those in positions of authority in Thailand taking ?

And if they're not then they should start, I suggest hallucinogenics.

They might just work in some bizarre way to allow them to see the World as the rest of us see it, i.e. reality !

• Thanks 1

Can This Is such nonsense no who knows there Thai Bush from There Super Skunk is Travelling for that <deleted> I would be less stoned then I am in my own country lol.

I can just imanage all the <deleted> people smoking, some if this and sayi

Can This Is such nonsense no who knows there Thai Bush from There Super Skunk is Travelling for that <deleted> I would be less stoned then I am in my own country lol.

I can just imanage all the <deleted> people smoking, some if this and sayi

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Just how disillusioned can they get !

I think you mean "delusional" - they are too thick skinned to get "disillusioned"! Hence the constant barrage of new ideas to attract millions of tourists!

This is delusional:- "claiming that "nine out of ten tourists" would want to try ganja and hemp products."

25 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Certain people can be predisposed to mental illness and susceptible to serious conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, who have not had a trigger event.

Cannabis as well as other hallucinogenic drugs can trigger the onset of a serious mental illness to someone who could otherwise have lived life without the condition.  One session can be all it needs.  Others are lucky and never suffer. It is luck of the draw. 

Have a visit to a psych hospital and see how many patients have ended up there with permanent conditions, not just the temporary drug induced psychosis that can occur as well.  

Whatever the psychological ramifications, they are not relevant in this scenario. No one is going to suffer mental illness from a leaf or two placed atop a restaurant meal or a drop or bottle of CBD oil. I miss the old days in Thailand when the marijuana was so strong that the first few joints would leave me hanging over the edge of a toilet bowl. I am hardly going to excitedly book a flight to Thailand to sample the country's new 'secret weapon'. Thailand has lost the plot in terms of attracting foreign visitors. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I wasn't aware that Jasmine Rice was known for its 'tourism pulling power either'. In fact I'd suggest that most foreign rice consumers probably have no idea where the rice they eat comes from.

That is simply not true. The real attraction is Thailand's rice. Sold in 25 or 50 pound bags. Asian in America buy only ours here.

Edited by earlinclaifornia

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Dream on! In Canada you can legally smoke some great weed as in many other places in the world. He seems to think that he will be attracting people who want hemp products and not the real deal. 'Pipe' dream on dude

I would gladly brave the uncertainties/cost/risk of travel and entry to the Kingdom for a genuine hemp fabric T-shirt.

But then again I'm a total idiot. 99% of all potential tourists are much smarter than I (and the Thai government apparently).

What a laugh! Are these clowns truly this clueless or just pretending to be?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

They certainly won't come for the 0.2% s..t! That's for sure! You need to legalize it completely like Canada did, with all restrictions lifted so people can develop and sell proper strains and THEN people will come in droves! 

Especially when you're used to at least 20% THC.  They've got a long way to go for anyone to spend money on a "Pot Visa" at just 0.2% and doubled tourist rates.  They will go down with smoke if the % doesn't go way up high.  The word will spread quickly "Don't waste a trip to Thailand.  All you'll get is something worse than dirt weed.  Had to smoke a pound just to get a light buzz.  Then have to deal with that awful after headache you get from smoking cr@p weed."

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just obtained a bottle of  supposedly the real stuff at 

A really high price. I tried it as directed for sleep and relaxation and it had absolutely no effect on me at all. Are  tourists really coming just to try it out