Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why would you want to fly 12,000km to Thailand when Amsterdam is much closer to the centre of Europe, much cheaper and far less hassle? Even Canada is closer, plus they speak a similar language.

Because you want both a affordable destination, the nice weather, islands, drinks and the smoke together. Obviously it is not about people who would only come for the weed alone, that is available worldwide. But I would never go to Canada for it, even i lived next door. Seems to be so difficult for many posters here to think 2-3 steps further.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

If you say so Mr Placeholder 

I have lived a full life and without the desire  for recreational drugs . But those i have met who do enjoy taking drugs have been far from obnoxious . Yet compared to the drinkers i have known many become obnoxious .

You might try rereading what I wrote.

5 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Its a bit like trying to sell the concept of a wild party experience based around non-alcoholic beer and non-alcoholic cocktails. 

That incidentally - you can't buy in Thailand between the hours of 2 and 5. LOL ????

• Haha 2

Impact Of Marijuana Legalization On Crime Reduction Is Being Underestimated, New Study Finds

Most studies looking at crime and cannabis rely on FBI data sourced from local police departments across the country. But reporting that data to the federal agency is entirely voluntary, leaving knowledge gaps that have underplayed the extent to which legalizing medical cannabis reduces violent and property crime.

That’s according to researchers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Economic Research Service and Appalachian State University, who published a working paper with their findings this month.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/impact-of-marijuana-legalization-on-crime-reduction-is-being-underestimated-new-study-finds/#:~:text=That same year%2C researchers at,legalization of medical cannabis there

On 3/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, webfact said:

He said that Thai ganja was highly regarded comparing it with Khao Horm Mali (Jasmine Rice) for its tourism pulling power.

This statement alone already proves that Chartchai Rotrungrangsri without a shred of doubt is delusional and far removed from reality.

I have never ever (ever!!!) heard of a single tourist who visited Thailand solely because of its jasmine rice.

And the ludicrous assessment that "9 out of 10 tourists" are going to try ganja... does that mean that Thailand basically banks on the arrival of millions and millions of stoners that are going to fall over one another in heaps as they storm airports worldwide? How about the families with underage children, the millionaires? Junkies, all of them?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, San Fran Dan said:

So you support alcohol for your good times, I smell a Boomer

ah..  you do smell a certain kind of Boomer but it was/is the Boomers who wouldn't back down in spite of increasingly ridiculous repression, who went underground and came up with the wonderful strains available today..

Credit where credit is due..

Edited by bobbin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Bafoonery. 

Plenty of places to smoke pot in the world.

They'll have so many regulations making it just a pain to smoke a doob.

People will always come in droves to Thailand.   It doesn't need Marijuana,  although that'll be an option. 

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Just what we need here.  More people operating motorized vehicles while UNDER THE INFLUENCE.  Does not make much difference whether it is alcohol or some form of mind altering substance.

I don't think the goods on offer will be in the least "mind altering", just that "some people"  are trying to convince gullible travellers that it will be!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Now legalize Magic Mushrooms and I'll buy them in droves! ????

I was told by a friend of course that you do not need to buy them.you can find them on the road!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Then those tourist and many here now have no idea the scam that the CBD ganga shops already are.  CBD which is the non psychoactive medication of the plant is seperated from the plant in an oil form.  It can be removed by a certain gas, but the end result is an oil form.  Never is CBD a ground up leaf that is added to ones beverage.  Never is the CBD removed by boiling it and serving it as a tea.  Anyone that is paying daily  for these scams are deserved of what they will get.  A laxitive in most cases.  I have been into many of these pop up scam shops and had people teling me how good their drink is and how good and loopy it makes them feel.  It's all in their head as only the THC of a plant which is also extracted from the plant the same way CBD is,  can have any mood affect.   So, any of you that are paying 70thb for a cup of coffee or any drink with a leaf being added are being scammed.  Any of you that are getting the ground up leaves boiled and served in a beverage are getting scammed.  A small vile of CBD oil, real CBD oil can and will cost at least 2000 thb, and you would need to ingest 3 to 4 drops everyday to see any benefits. so there is no way anyone selling a beverage with real CBD oil in it would be selling said beverage at 50 to 90 thb.  If its real CBD and the viles go fast, then you would be paying at least 200 thb per beverage  to get real benefits,  and that the one selling could get or make a profit.  Wake up people the Canabis CBD shops are the current get rich scams.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, RobU said:

Not true. Cannabis addicts or Pot Heads can suffer from Paranoia and schitzophrenia which are side effects of taking too much, so conversely to your statement they can become highly unpredictable and aggressive, often revelling in very noisy anti social behaviour. Before you say it, I agree it is not physically addictive, i.e. no physical pain on withdrawal, but it is highly emotionally addictiveand such people take it because it takes the pain of living away from their sad little lives. Well documented fact that many drugs (including prescription drugs) which are considered to be calmative can have the opposite effect if taken regularly for too long.

Paranoia yes, schizophrenia no...  but it is still safer than alcohol.  Alcohol kills more innocent people in the world just by those that drink and drive intoxicated than Canabis will ever kill.  People dont die from Canabis, and is by far the safest of many intoxicants. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sambum said:

I don't think the goods on offer will be in the least "mind altering", just that "some people"  are trying to convince gullible travellers (and keyboard warriors) that it will be!

• Like 1

All these "plans" and "attractive offers" that are highly unlikely to bear fruit remind me of a book I had to read for my English "A" level many years ago. (Substitute "Tourists" for "Godot"!) :-

Waiting for Godot (2001) - IMDb

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How could it be if they aren't letting people actually get high? What could they possibly see as the benefit or draw?

I recall CBD oil for sale in Circle K, etc., convenience stores last trip back to Arizona, and my doc agreed to sign me up for a medical marijuana (the stuff that gets you really high) card if I wanted it. 

I declined as it limits your eligibility for any other pain killers. Trust me, morphine is king if you are in really serious pain.

All that aside, Anutin's scenario is the stuff opium dreams are made of, unless Thai CBD oil is vastly different from what can be had at mom and pop shops almost anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RobU said:

Not true. Cannabis addicts or Pot Heads can suffer from Paranoia and schitzophrenia which are side effects of taking too much, so conversely to your statement they can become highly unpredictable and aggressive, often revelling in very noisy anti social behaviour. Before you say it, I agree it is not physically addictive, i.e. no physical pain on withdrawal, but it is highly emotionally addictiveand such people take it because it takes the pain of living away from their sad little lives. Well documented fact that many drugs (including prescription drugs) which are considered to be calmative can have the opposite effect if taken regularly for too long.

I think somebody is a "Reefer  Madness" afficianado.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1