3,200 Russian tourists stuck in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao area due to Russia/Ukraine conflict and sanctions

webfact

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

Ashwani Bajaj .

That's a good old Ruskie name.

????????

If you would learned something about "honorary consuls" you would know that they are mostly represented by (honorable) citizens of the  host country, not of the visiting one. Their function, activity and power is not much overzealous...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Don't worry all these lost souls will get home or find a home in places like the US or Europe. It's much easier for them to do that than to get some sort of residency in LOS. They say many Russians are on the move out of Russia too. They can't stand it anymore. They remind me of the young Thais who don't want to live under Thailand's corrupted system. The world is on the move.

Wondering why the RF is in statistics the second country of the largest immigration?  

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Stranded in Mariupol whilst the Russians have artillery strikes against the escape corridors/ hospitals, or stranded on the beach on Samui.......I know which i would pick.

Well my post was talking of Russians, you seem to give a Ukraine perspective.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Wondering why his election results have always been incomparable with leaders elected anywhere else...  

He didn't need to cheat, he had massive popular support. Russian image and morale was at the lowest after the Yeltsin years. Putin managed to restore somewhat the economy, and made the Russians feel like they were back to their lost Soviet glory, when they could terrorize the planet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Nonsense, they had 20 years to get rid of Putin, but they didn't because he entertained their delusion of Russian grandeur. And, believe me, the Russians who can afford come  to Thailand for holidays are those, or their children, who benefitted from Putin's corrupt regime.

and it is difficult to avoid the historical echo of when the "normal" German citizens did not object to the land grabs and hate speech of the Nazi Party led by a certain A. Hitler.......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Nonsense, they had 20 years to get rid of Putin, but they didn't because he entertained their delusion of Russian grandeur. And, believe me, the Russians who can afford come  to Thailand for holidays are those, or their children, who benefitted from Putin's corrupt regime.

this russian who comming to thailand, are sure not ,or the most , who benefitted from putin.

most are normal people , hard working, who profited from the increase  in GDP   and salarys , whats about 20 time higher than begining of the 90s, whats a born a new middle class in russia

very ashamed here, how all russians treaded like 2nd class here, and not only here. the normal russian is sure not guilty for putin,and second in question, is only putin guilty ,and was not the arrogant west who may help the escelation, treading the biggest country and the leader as like an african monkey with a small country at the end of the world.

preconception against russian all over, and most from ppeople never travelled or have relations or knowledge about russia and russians

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Something I hadn't thought about:

Russia's flag carrier Aeroflot is canceling its international flights to stop foreign governments seizing its planes.

ref. Fortune.com, 3/7/2022

Aeroflot is state-owned with 51% controlling interest.

Aside from the EU banning all Russian planes from entering its airspace.

I would like to see someone force a Russian plane down mid-flight, don't expect that to  happen. Also Russia surely can just land in places where it is unlikely impounding would be supported. I suspect Thailand would not do that. 

21 minutes ago, lapamita said:

very ashamed here, how all russians treaded like 2nd class here, and not only here. 

If they stopped behaving like 2nd class they might find that people's attitudes towards them improve. 

For myself I have very little to do with them, I just wish that in the early days someone had explained to them that the Jomtien baht bus is meant for 6 people each side. Not 2 obese Russians spreading themselves out on each side. 

Edited by rott
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FalangKino said:

The bias and discrimination shown towards average Russian people here is disgusting. They aren't responsible for Putins decision.

Maybe not...but Putin's is responsible for their position.

Let him figure out how to fund them and get them home, and not burden the Thai people housing and feeding them. It sure wasn't a Thai decision.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, FalangKino said:

The bias and discrimination shown towards average Russian people here is disgusting. They aren't responsible for Putins decision.

and what about the Russian armed forces who are deliberately killing women and children?

Aren't they not ordinary Russians?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and what about the Russian armed forces who are deliberately killing women and children?

Aren't they not ordinary Russians?

bit like saying  the german war machine and Nazi's weren't really german 

but I get your point, I have a couple of Russian friends here and they hate Putin for many years

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

As someone who went through one of the worst civil wars in Europe I find your comment disgusting. No one in Russia under 50 wants this war. A lot of Russians have family in Ukraine. The same thing happened in Yugoslavia, but back then there was no internet, so people could be judged by no brain westerners by taking sides. At least these days you have the supposed uncensored internet at your disposal. See what the average person thinks about Putin. Russian citizens have a lot more bravery than you sitting in Thailand. If you think it's easy to overthrow the government, try it yourself.

You may have a point, how many Thais do you think would like to overthrow the unelected PM here in Thailand and the rest of his Junta?  Thailands recent history will tell you about their soldiers murdering protesting students in the past.

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Except my businesses in Chiang Rai, we’ve taken a stand and banned Russian citizens.

what a complete lack of morals we are seeing in the Hotel Industry, appalling!

Yep, complete lack of morals in that industry.........as you clearly demonstrate by your actions.

Did you ban Americans for their illegal occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Maybe not...but Putin's is responsible for their position.

Let him figure out how to fund them and get them home, and not burden the Thai people housing and feeding them. It sure wasn't a Thai decision.

Clearly under Tyranny, the people serve the Govt. not the reverse as in democratically run Free nations.

So Putin will continue do precisely nothing of benefit for his people that wasn’t already being done by non- govt bodies there. Means nothing at all Done for Russians outside Russia, regarded as Liability.