Immigration going after over stayers?

21 hours ago, Letseng said:

They can fly to Helsinki & from there catch the train.

Yes, Finnair is flying daily, BKK-HEL, and it looks like they're running extra trains Helsinki-Moscow. Trains probably empty going to russia?

And I think there are plenty of flights via the middle east and (I think) Turkey.

Russians crowd trains to Helsinki as passage to EU narrows

HELSINKI, March 8 (Reuters) - Hundreds of Russian passengers have filled up trains to Finland's capital Helsinki from Saint Petersburg every day since the war in Ukraine began and mutual airspace closures cut off flight connections between Russia and the European Union.

The two trains on that route were almost empty before Russia's invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24 but were now fully booked with 700 people arriving from Russia daily, Finland's public railway operator VR said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russians-crowd-trains-helsinki-passage-eu-narrows-2022-03-08/

11 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

How can UnionPay process Mastercard/Visa cards? They are all independent systems. 

Obviously I'm not staying up to speed on this issue, but I assume russian banks will issue new cards. Also seen mention of virtual cards.

And some may already have UnionPay-embossed cards.

The Russian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, told Reuters that there was “support from the government directly” to Russians stuck there, adding that Russia's Pochta Bank is providing virtual cards using UnionPay, a Chinese credit card company.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim/2022/03/12/thousands-of-cashless-russians-stranded-overseas-amid-flight-cancellations/?sh=6fe9f7928e22