Thai tourism emphasises its neutrality in the Ukraine war, calls for a review of payment systems

webfact

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Why should everybody jump into a war because the USA and Western Europe would like NATO to have arms directly on the Russian border? 

You really believe the US is evil incorporated don't you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"For me Money = God"  according to a Thai teacher, whom I met in a bus years ago.

This principle is a sign for not having a high morale.

Like the Romans said: "Pecunia non olet": money does not stink.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You really believe the US is evil incorporated don't you.

Remember the Cuba crises? The USA threatened with nuclear arms if the Russia didn't remove their base from Cuba.

The USA is 200 years at war non stop, what does that tell you? My country is bad too.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Sad 2

This rush to penalize Russia very hard on every front and the economic war on China will backfire, it will drive Russia and China much closer and Visa and Master card will loose a lot of ground to Union Pay for instance.  

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'd like to know what Thailand's position will be if Russia uses a nuke, or attacks civilians with chemical or biological weapons? Will they still sit on the fence to protect their wretched tourism industry? If things really deteriorate, we'll likely end up in a situation where both Russia and the West declare that either you're with us, or you're against us. How will this greedy, gloating little goblin, Yuthasak Supasorn, respond then? There are situations where you can't have your cake and eat it, laddie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Would Thailand stay neutral if China invaded Taiwan?  How about SEAsia?

Reflecting on this, I believe my outlook would be equal in condemnation if Thailand were invaded by a stronger country because it is not just, all about me.. The Thai tourism folks seem to have a different standard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinChin67 said:

Soon it's cheaper to use rouble notes for toilet paper based on exchange rate / toilet paper price. 

8 rolls of toilet paper 4,29€ or 0,536€ per roll. One roll has 153 sheets = 0,0035€ per sheet. At the moment one rouble is 0,0066€. Not yet but maybe next week? Shame that it does not have Putin's pic on it.

But hey, who cares, Unionpay to the rescue!

Reminds me of my reading, during my studies that Germans, previous to Hitler's rise, found it cheaper to burn German Marks than to buy firewood.

Oh dear, they blame it on covid ????

Us all too powerful Farang with influence in Thailand should be fully prepared when Thailand completely switches to union pay, just like Russia. It's not going to be Russians that will be "stranded".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/visa-mastercard-prepare-to-raise-credit-card-fees-11646743166

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Thailand should remain neutral. 

If some posters don't like it they can follow the same advice they give to Russians. 

Go home ????

Oh no, it's been some time since the old " If you don't like it go home" was used. But hey if that's all you have then I guess maybe it's not so bad here, or we shall see what a semi neutral nation brings to its citizens.

• Like 2