Protection agencies and police mount human trafficking raid at popular Nana bar area - 14 year old offered for sex

webfact

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes but it don't make it right. Sadly there are too many underage girls working in bars 

Guess you weren't around in 1990s thru early and even mid-2000s. Scores more back then. SCORES more. Doesn't make it right, but it's true.

There are far fewer nowadays. ????

Edited by Skeptic7

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Perhaps you didn't look a paedophile so were not approached by the mamasan who were keeping the children tucked away ?  Just a thought

What does a pedophile look like? Does he have to wear a crown?????

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

That makes more sense. The article made it sound like it was out in the open.

“Too many” is a bit of an exaggeration.  Of course there will be a few with fake IDs and using there sister’s ID (same as anywhere in the world), but bars check IDs. Too many overage girls is my opinion here!

One is too many. 

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The other problem that exists I am sure is that a  lot of families need the money so they send their daughters to BKK and PKT 

One question though I thought all bars were closed.  Have the gov't removed the barrier or are these restaurants with a hibachi grill out front/

Cops when they do these raids should not be in uniform yeah the smart people will see them but the others will be easy pickings.  Wonder how many bars actually have underage and got away with it last night.

Your first paragraph is 100% correct,mainly because of poor farmers borrowing money from the mafia,including the Yakuza,then defaulting on the repayments,then being forced by these parasites to send their daughters to work in knock shops in Phuket etc that front as beauty shops etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you actually know that, or just saying it with nothing to back it up? Such cases in what is essentially a bar area aimed largely at foreigners are extremely rare these days and have been for many years.

Yes I have seen it and it happens more often than you think. In most cases the underage girls stay in the bar and mop floors or assist but i have seen some girls who will go with guys

A few weeks ago on Suk Soi 4  opposite the Nana complex a petite girl who looked 12 -14 was sitting on the sidewalk.

As I walked by and looked down at her she made it clear she was available.

Edited by JimmyJ

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes but it don't make it right. Sadly there are too many underage girls working in bars 

if you know that for a fact what have you done about it? if you are ignoring it then you are complicit.

please pass on the evidence you have to the RTP, as well as informing the police you should contact the Safe Child Thailand charity

https://www.safechildthailand.org/

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i agree, in Pattaya you don't see it, I'm not sure where the guys are going who see it a lot

"I'm not sure where the guys are going who see it a lot".

Nor how those same people know that the girls they claim to see so easily are underage?   Are they asking?

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I remember about 26 yrs ago ,walking near there and being offered a pre teen girl ,it was quite common in those days ,not nice.

You claim that you were offered a 12-year old girl (or younger), unsolicited, from a bar in Soi 7 twenty six years ago?  12-year old prostitutes were never "quite common" in Soi 7, so which bar and what would have prompted that offer?       

It couldn't have been the bar in the OP as those bars didn't exist then and it wouldn't have been the Beer Garden.   The Winking Frog wouldn't have been offering them, neither would the Victoria Restaurant.  And it definitely wasn't New Wave, so which one was it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Unfortunately lots of young girls can easily pass for looking a bit older. Make up, clothes , shoes , how they behave. My best friends daughter at 15 went to afternoon discos,´mum drove her and picked her up. My friend and I had the shivers seeing the way the girls all dressed.  None of them looked 15.  Frightening. That’s why real ID is important for clubs discos bars etc , and why there are people in front checking the ID , very serious in Most western countries.,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

if you know that for a fact what have you done about it? if you are ignoring it then you are complicit.

please pass on the evidence you have to the RTP, as well as informing the police you should contact the Safe Child Thailand charity

https://www.safechildthailand.org/

Oh do behave. What realistically can any tourist do. Go to the police? Sure, at the very  best they may pay a visit to the bar after giving them a heads up they are on their way.

You know the unwritten rules of Thailand - never get involved.

Even if they did follow up in a professional manner there are plenty of other underage girls working in the bar, ie those under 18. It's the tip of the iceberg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MajorTom said:

In my 18 years of coming to Thailand i have actually never seen or been offered anything "underage".

And i have been to many sleazy bars. I don't think its very common to come across. Unless you are looking for it.

Same here major Tom in my 32 years of going to LOS never ever been offered young girl,or perhaps we just dont look the type.

• Like 1

"NGO Operation Underground Railroad"

This Organization is laughable, except for their fundraising-shakedown acumen. One underage girl, and it's like the world is on fire. The other 20 ladies of age? Who cares?

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity reference removed
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Oh do behave. What realistically can any tourist do. Go to the police? Sure, at the very  best they may pay a visit to the bar after giving them a heads up they are on their way.

You know the unwritten rules of Thailand - never get involved.

Even if they did follow up in a professional manner there are plenty of other underage girls working in the bar, ie those under 18. It's the tip of the iceberg

Just as likely one of the cops owns the bar. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, hioctane said:

“Too many” is a bit of an exaggeration.  Of course there will be a few with fake IDs and using there sister’s ID (same as anywhere in the world), but bars check IDs. Too many overage girls is my opinion here!

Most bars check the girls before engaging them.
The bar owners don't want to get in trouble.

These "underaged" girls are mostly working "freelance" or working for a "mama san".