CCSA says major meeting this Friday will discuss legal reopening of bars and nightlife, mask mandates, Test and Go, Songkran

webfact

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There were a few reports of something like this happening some months ago, but I have not heard any more recently. While it may be a concern, is it really a reality, or simple fear mongering? You know of 6 or so personally? 

Yes I do! One party of friends that us to come here annually and numbered up to 11 people, and at least another  4 instances (solo travellers, and couples) who have not been fror the last couple of years, and say they will not come back again until all the testing on arrival is scrapped. As mentioned above, they don't want to run the risk of being "incarcerated" fore the bulk of their holiday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Sounds encouraging , France has lifted mandates, Hungary, many following, it's all over rover, but there are a few slug countries out there including mine, NZ.

You should be proud of NZ because of the way Ardern protected the country when the pandemic started . She took the sternest measures that were successful for a time . 

You must try to keep up with your countries latest news , I copied and pasted below .

Australians will be allowed to enter the country without needing to quarantine or isolate from 13 April.

Fully vaccinated travellers from about 60 countries on a visa-waiver list will be able to arrive from 2 May. Those nations include the UK and US.

• Confused 1

The mask mandate should go. Wearing a mask outdoors, when riding a bike? The goofiest one of all is wearing a mask while driving a motorbike. It does not get less scientific than that. 

Time to move on. Do they really want tourists back, or are they just saying it? Scrap test & go entirely, and they might eventually climb back to 5 million tourists a year, by 2027. Maybe. Everything has changed. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

drop the State of emergency ?

Nah, thought not, got to keep control of the peasants and possible protestors !

exactly they don't want to lose this golden goose they were given  C19.. best and easiest control ever

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Henryford said:

25,000 cases today, they will do nothing.

There is nothing they can do.

Apart from vaccinate them to reduce the symptoms, treat those symptoms and let them get better.

In my village there are now half a dozen houses roped off because one or more of the occupants has a dose of Covid. The health volunteers bring them meals and medicines every day, and after a few days they get better. It has <deleted> all to do with international travellers, I am the only foreigner most of them have ever seen and I haven't been out of the country for three years!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DRD123 said:

Quite amazing seeing the change in attitude on this forum.

Face masks have never been effective and expecting people to wear them outside in a hot tropical climate is bizarre. 

The virus is destroyed in milliseconds of contact with UV from sunlight.

UV is used to control viruses and pathogens as a matter of course and Thailand is blessed with a lot of UV light. 

It's really not that difficult to understand and all the studies i have read show the utter ineffectiveness of masks and the increased harm of pathogen accumulation on the mask itself.

Now the the hysteria is ending perhaps science can instruct the path forward for once in this whole bloody mess?

No tourist wants to spend their vacation swathed in a mask in a tropical climate.

I agree completely with your last sentence, but:- 

"The virus is destroyed in milliseconds of contact with UV from sunlight."?

So why are there thousands of new cases a day in Thailand? I can't see Covid only coming out at night! ???? 

13 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

CCSA director must be very proud of what he has done in the crisis and the tourism wasteland it is now ????

I should imagine the CCSA director (and his minions) are very proud of how important they are now, and how much power they can wield; as for the tourist wasteland, that is outside their bubble, and I doubt that they either notice or care!

I doubt these people will move on nightlife. There is an ongoing effort to dull down Thailand's reputation for having a vibrant entertainment sector. It first became apparent when the Bangkok Post dropped Nightowl, one of it's best regular features, and has now become a pompous, boring newspaper.

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

I see the usual Thai logic at work.

I think of all the tests, the pre-departure PCR is probably the one which is the most useful as it gives a tourist a go/no go sign and ultimately reduces chances for host country of receiving an infected guest.

However, 

Additionally, the TCC urged the government to relax the “Test&Go” scheme by revoking the RT-PCR testing within 72 hours before entering the country and only doing the test on the day of arrival.

Great. So you don’t do a pre-departure test and then still have the Day 1 risk to get snagged in the Thai COVID healthcare system…

More logical phased relaxation of requirements : request pre-departure PCR and remove any PCR requirement on arrival. Then people can book and travel with some confidence.

Walk me through your logic how a potentially infected tourist has any bearing whatsoever on a country where it's already ripping through at the local population at a rate of 25000 a day reported.  Probably 10x that unreported.  So conservatively speaking lets say 100,000 a day. 

Please explain the thoughts generated by the electrical impulses in your brain that concluded a potentially infected tourist is going to somehow make that worse or have any kind of effect on anything whatsoever?

Edited by shdmn

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe for this month they decide if walk alone in a park then a face mask isn’t mandatory anymore but it’s still recommended. So and next month they will proceed to ease something else. ????

Yep, they will let you hold hands on your walk.

1 hour ago, DRD123 said:

The virus is destroyed in milliseconds of contact with UV from sunlight.

UV is used to control viruses and pathogens as a matter of course and Thailand is blessed with a lot of UV light. 

Thanks for that, I've been a little slow as its taken me 2 years to understand the reasoning behind the night time curfew! ????

Edited by sungod

CCSA, let me help.

- Keep pre departure PCR test.

- Drop arrival testing and quarantine. 

- Re-open everything. 

- Cancel Songkran water fights. Water fights spread COVID. 

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Sounds encouraging , France has lifted mandates, Hungary, many following, it's all over rover, but there are a few slug countries out there including mine, NZ.

NZ has been a disaster. Finally the rest of NZ are getting fed up and getting p!ssed at the govt. Sooner Jacinda gets the @$$ the better.

• Like 1

From tomorrow, you can enter the UK with no restrictions.

Thailand copies the UK in many ways (but decades behind) such as the stupid no booze in the afternoon law. Let's hope they can copy the UK a bit quicker on this one.

• Like 1

They should cancel Sonkran.

1. It will spread the virus.

2. Unnecessary waste of natural resources e.g.water and gasoline.

3. The government said, also must wear a mask on Sonkran. When play and splash with water?

How to do that? have new waterproof masks?

1 hour ago, superal said:

You should be proud of NZ because of the way Ardern protected the country when the pandemic started . She took the sternest measures that were successful for a time . 

You must try to keep up with your countries latest news , I copied and pasted below .

Australians will be allowed to enter the country without needing to quarantine or isolate from 13 April.

Fully vaccinated travellers from about 60 countries on a visa-waiver list will be able to arrive from 2 May. Those nations include the UK and US.

The problem I see with NZ is that they clamped down so hard that it has actually set them back months behind other countries, they cannot stop omicron from spreading and that is all they have done - delayed it, in saying that - does it actually matter - probably not but all the self inflicted hurt was for nothing with omicron

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Yes I do! One party of friends that us to come here annually and numbered up to 11 people, and at least another  4 instances (solo travellers, and couples) who have not been fror the last couple of years, and say they will not come back again until all the testing on arrival is scrapped. As mentioned above, they don't want to run the risk of being "incarcerated" fore the bulk of their holiday.

Your example is of people deciding not to come......which is not really what I meant or you intimated. Do you know many who have recently tested positive on arrival in Thailand and been forced to quarantine?

2 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Vietnam opening up without quarantine.

Thailand always a follower and never a leader

Do you  understand Vietnam has been closed off for the past 2 years? 

Edited by Daithi85

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

drop the State of emergency ?

Nah, thought not, got to keep control of the peasants and possible protestors !

I can see them easing up on Covid a little bit but keeping the state of emergency 'just in case'. At least until they can discover / manufacture a new crisis to retain it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The problem I see with NZ is that they clamped down so hard that it has actually set them back months behind other countries, they cannot stop omicron from spreading and that is all they have done - delayed it, in saying that - does it actually matter - probably not but all the self inflicted hurt was for nothing with omicron

Yes , you may be right but at the time it appeared to be the right thing to do . Remember when the UK was criticised for acting slowly and not closing its borders and airports ? NZ acted positively .  Also Delta was a more potent strain and all this when the world was terrified of the pandemic . Some might say that hindsight is a wonderful thing . Lets just hope we can put this covid event behind us .