Electricity rate to increase to 4 baht/unit in May-August

snoop1130

Screenshot-2022-03-17-6.09.10-PM.png

Residential, commercial and industrial users of electricity will face higher electricity bills from May until August after the Energy Regulatory Commission has decided to increase the FT (fuel tariff) rate to an average of 23.38 satang per unit, driving the electricity rate to 4 baht per unit during the May-August period.

The fee increase to 4 baht/unit is the first in several years.

Secretary-General of the Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission Komkrit Tantravanich said that the FT adjustment is necessary due to global energy crisis as well as the substantial drop of liquified natural gas in the Gulf of Thailand.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/electricity-rate-to-increase-to-4-baht-unit-in-may-august/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-17

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SheikYabodyline said:

Frankly I'm amazed the increase is so modest. Probably the first of many by stealth.

Price has already increased by changing the Ft rate from - to + 1,39 satang per unit from December onwards (I have PEA) so that is another increase and this time to 23,38 satang

Link: https://www.pea.co.th/ความรู้เกี่ยวกับไฟฟ้า/ArtMID/606/ArticleID/148090/ค่า-Ft-ประจำเดือน-มกราคม-เมษายน-2565

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moved into our new house last month. 19 days electric was 278 baht. If that was rounded up to say 500 baht for the month I can live with that ! Hell, even a extravagant 1,000 a month for us would be blessing over my silly UK electric bill.  

Most Thais will just have to drink 1 less bottle of Chang a month.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, whiteman said:

This year as you will all know the weather has been much milder that years before so my power bill is much lower as of last months 3200 bhat chicken fee considering N.Z. power cost. Happy days

I seem to have paid about the same, maybe slightly more, in the Pattaya area. Not had as much cold weather as usual, and so far this month it seems to have got hot early, so I expect higher bills. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Ah well, likely The Beast, my large lounge unit will not get used this hot season.....  have to listen to the neighbour's dogs instead. 

Only a crying baby is more stressful than a barking dog.

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Only a crying baby is more stressful than a barking dog.

I got a whiney cat doing a fair job, but the dog is winning hands down. No plans for  baby, that is for sure!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MJCM said:

It depends how much electric you use, if you are modest user (less then 200 units) then it would be less then 4 THB, but the electric company (PEA in this example) charges a different rate on how much energy you use

pea_1.JPG.f96aafbe3fce7c4ff466f3d72f6e5b57.JPG

And this rate hasn't changed many years now, but what has changed (is changing) is the so called Ft rate what is (AFAIK) called a Fuel Charge rate. It has been negative for very long, but just in January has changed to 1,39 satang per unit so now it's changing again!

Edit: Last month (Feb - March) we used 304 Units, average price per unit was 4,15 THB (Including Service Charge (38,22 THB) and VAT 7%)

Now I understand. Thank you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

I only paid less than 4 baht per unit once in 2021 and once in 2020. Ahe other months were over 4 baht.

We live in rural Kamphaeng Phet with no other users on the line.

More commonplace instance regarding country life.

Has it's moments.

15 hours ago, vinci said:

+4 baht a unit, its gonna hurt, not a small number, at the moment in Bangkok im paying 15 a unit and we use 1000-1400 unit a month roughly 4,500-5,000 a month bills

... no mate, you misunderstood, it should add up to maybe 25 satang per unit, thumb times Pi, for the 'avarage' user, whatever that means.

Your 15B per is already massive extortion as I'm sure you're aware ... foly huck man, you shouldn't accept any rise for roughly the next 300 years ...

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

... no mate, you misunderstood, it should add up to maybe 25 satang per unit, thumb times Pi, for the 'avarage' user, whatever that means.

Your 15B per is already massive extortion as I'm sure you're aware ... foly huck man, you shouldn't accept any rise for roughly the next 300 years ...

my bad. was reading it all wrong 

(Customer used Energy) 1103 kWh/Month

(Ft  ) 1.39 Satang/kWh)

Total Electricity Charge with tax and everything 5,035.80baht

Edited by vinci
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 11:47 PM, RichardColeman said:

Moved into our new house last month. 19 days electric was 278 baht. If that was rounded up to say 500 baht for the month I can live with that ! Hell, even a extravagant 1,000 a month for us would be blessing over my silly UK electric bill.  

Most Thais will just have to drink 1 less bottle of Chang a month.

Utilities have shot up in UK and Europe but I was paying around 15p a unit (around 6 baht) before. Not a massive difference and less than you’d pay in a typical Thai condo,  but of course you’re using way more in the West—powerful showers, ovens, more lighting etc etc. Good news that Thai utilities have only gone up marginally but reckon some condos will take the mick. 

Will be expecting my first bill in 4 months having been left connected to village supply until 3 weeks ago 

I paid for the new house meter connection in November the village stated calling in February complaining of very high bills wanting me to pay a contribution I said no meter no bill no pay .

Then 3 weeks ago a couple of guys arrived with a large roll of heavy duty cable and pulled in a new cable from where the meter would go through all through the underground trunking then through the complete length of house roof space to the main board all day job.

Why I asked  is a new cable needed its a new house transpires PEA would not connect a new meter to the sub standard wire used in construction so not only did they have to pay my I don't care how much it is bill for 12 weeks it cost them 20k on top Kama ma ma ????