Cheap accommodation on Samui arranged for stranded Russian, Ukrainian tourists

snoop1130

BRpLwT0TYaGXOF4tVxeF5OPepxuFDvqF04d2aoy9rmKJX.png

Low-cost accommodation on Samui Island has been arranged for the many Russian and Ukrainian tourists stranded in Thailand due to the war in Ukraine.

Up to 30 rooms at a hotel on Chaweng beach have been made available by the International School of Tourism at Suratthani Rajabhat University, to accommodate the stranded tourists at about 4,000 baht a month, to ease their hardship while they are waiting for flights back to their countries.

Many hotels on Samui Island are currently empty or barely occupied due to the COVID-19 pandemic and strict screening measures, which have slashed arrivals of foreign tourists, despite being the country’s high season for tourism.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cheap-accommodation-on-samui-arranged-for-stranded-russian-ukrainian-tourists/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If one man in a country is crazy it doesn't mean that the whole population is.... I strongly believe that the majority of the Russian disapprove the war, but what can they do, as the Government goes its own way and get rid of the opponents.. 

• Like 1

They will both be happy to have cheap accommodation provided especially those with  children 

I don't think many of them will hold resentment against each other 

They are Tourists who were on holiday when the invasion of the Ukraine happened not their fault ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would love to see a survey about that. Because I am sure the majority or Russians don't support Putin's war. And most Ukrainians will know that.

Long time ago my parents befriended some Russian people in a holiday. They were nice people and they stayed in contact for many years. They didn't become all bad people because they have a bad leader.

Who do you think are killing Ukrainian women and children. It's not Putin it's Russian people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Isn't that the job of their embassies?

Most embassies couldn't care less about the daily struggles of their expats abroad. It's more about international relations, rubbing elbows with dignitaries, and maintaining a secret spy operation in the sealed rooms in the basement.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Ukrainians deserve it as they are stranded but Russians absolutely not, they are not stranded, Russian sky is open to fly in, they chicken out and don't want to go back afraid of being enlisted

Would you want to fight a dumb war for Putin? 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think Putin asked them if they want to do that?

A long time ago when I was in the military, in a so called 1st world country, you had to follow orders - or else.

I don't want to imagine what happens to soldiers in the Russian army who tell their superiors they don't want to invade Ukraine. 

They may not have a choice about being there, but if they think it is  wrong they could always aim to miss their targets instead of committing war crimes by firing on hospitals, apartment blocks and civilian shelters. After all, they are only poorly trained inexperienced conscripts,( or so their apologists claim), nobody would be surprised if they did miss.

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Ukrainians deserve it as they are stranded but Russians absolutely not, they are not stranded, Russian sky is open to fly in, they chicken out and don't want to go back afraid of being enlisted

The Russian sky may be open but most flights are cancelled.

As are their Russian credit and debit cards so how can they pay for new flights?

Oh, and their travel insurance is also cancelled.

As bad as the Russian government is, I do not believe that they are enlisting mothers and children.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

jaysus.. Russians and Ukranians in the same hotel?

i bet you can cut the tension with a knife

We had both Ukrainian and Russian guests sharing the same building.

Ukrainians in the apartment downstairs.

Russians in the villa upstairs.

They got on fine. No issues.

Most Russians and Ukrainians understand exactly what is going on and are very upset with what Putin is doing (to say the least).

Both nationalities need assitance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superal said:

Most Russians rely on the Russian state TV for information which is full of lies and B/S .

Do they also have embedded journalists like the Americans in Iraq?

And I agree with your full statement from above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1