Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

webfact

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

Obviously causing you a lot of interest, that's the 2nd time you have told us this morning!

Just thought I'd explain why, you couldn't give me tickets, or agree with other reply, you'd have to pay me to sit through the silliness.  Watching other people play a game is a bit boring, unless betting is involved.

But hey, troll on, whatever gets you excited.

Maybe watch ladies bikini volleyball, surfside w/beers would be OK ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It said the match would help boost the country's flagging economy

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The cheapest seat is THB5,000 which is £114.00

Oh, it will "help boost" somebody's economy. But it ain't "the country's".

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A game like this with nothing at stake is just for the die hard fans. 

My first United match was in 1977 - Former season ticket holder at Old Trafford & been all over Europe watching United play - Was also in Moscow for the Champions League final in 2008.

Wouldn't pay 25k for a ticket but as this could possibly be my last chance to see United live again, i find myself somewhat excited by the prospect.

Its my birthday the week the match is due to take place so maybe i will request a 5k ticket & spend a few days in Bkk.

• Like 2

Liverpool are my team. However, this season I've quite often heard Herr Klopp, our manager, bemoaning the amount of games they have to play in a short space of time ('fixture-congestion'). Next thing, they're gonna fly 6,000 miles to play in a totally pointless game, well before the end of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DezLez said:

I wonder what so called  COVID restrictions/regulations they will have in farce force to attend the game live.  Any guesses?

It said July?   They have thrown out July 1st as the date all restrictions will be dropped since they plan to declare the pandemic as a endemic? 

But 25,000 to watch kickball ZZZZ

not only no buy hell no! ????????

42 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Liverpool are my team. However, this season I've quite often heard Herr Klopp, our manager, bemoaning the amount of games they have to play in a short space of time ('fixture-congestion'). Next thing, they're gonna fly 6,000 miles to play in a totally pointless game, well before the end of the season.

Well before the end of the season? It's in July, before they start the proper pre-season training camp. The clubs will only be doing it for the cash so Klopp will probably be OK with it as a way of easing them back into pre-season and having some fun. 

• Like 2

Are you joking? I wouldn’t pay to watch those overpaid pansies rolling about on the ground as though they’re going to die just because they’ve been tapped on the ankle! Who in their right mind would? Now Rugby I would!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Well before the end of the season? It's in July, before they start the proper pre-season training camp. The clubs will only be doing it for the cash so Klopp will probably be OK with it as a way of easing them back into pre-season and having some fun. 

I thought it was in April.

Anyway, Klopp's still moaning.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

It said the match would help boost the country's flagging economy and create a positive image of Thailand which wants to become a hub for sports tourism.

How does charging 25,000 baht per ticket help the Thai Economy other than making the organisers wealthier - Its just greed. 

I think it's excellent that premier league teams will travel to overseas venues to give fans an opportunity to see them live.... I think it's disgusting the prices being charged for tickets. 

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

Isn't the headline misleading ?

You can buy a single ticket for 5,000 baht , how does that equate to 25,000 baht ?

The 5,000 THB tickets are so far in the Gods you'll need a pair of binoculars to see the game. The majority of seats are at much higher prices.

I was going to go to this but it's just a complete rip off. Chances are though they will sell out because Thailand is Liverpool and Man U crazy.

Oh and by the way for all those Septics commenting, it's called football NOT soccer.

• Like 2

People should wake up and consider it from my point of view.

How long does a normal football fan in the UK etc. work, to be able to buy a ticket?

It will be approx. 2 to 3 hours work, then hge/she can go to buy a ticket to watch this kind of football game.

Now go to compare ir with Thailand.......

The cheapest ticket is 5000 Baht going up to 25000 Baht.

Who in Thailand earn this money within 2 to 3 hours?

Normal Thai people? I don't think so.

Even thought, they must travel here, it is still a rip off.

People should get smarter and start to consider.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think it's excellent that premier league teams will travel to overseas venues to give fans an opportunity to see them live.... I think it's disgusting the prices being charged for tickets. 

So long as the players don't get embroiled in an orgy scandal like Leicester did!

Just now, blazes said:

But these are two very "Septic" teams, you have to admit.

They are 2 very good teams, with a total of 9 European Cups between them (Champions League) and there is an intense rivalry. Normally watching them compete would be a treat, as it is club football of the highest level. Sadly a pre-season warm-up/friendly, which will not field many of their usual first stringers doesn't appeal so much. 

6 hours ago, RmcaIssan said:

To keys words ..

EXHIBITION .. not competitive and certainly no serious tackles

JULY ...who will still be with United and Liverpool after season ends. Highly likely Ronaldo and Pogba won't be there and Salah !!

Coporate paid farce with masks on !!!

1 key word....TWO

How many more "They'd have to pay me to watch this' posts are we going to get? Not exactly helpful or original.

To put it into perspective, you could buy a season ticket at most premier league clubs for less than THB25,000.

I've been to a few of these pre-season games at Rajamangala but prices have always in the past been reasonable. I seriously thought, when I first saw these prices, that they'd inadvertently added an extra zero!