How to Save Thailand and Malaysia From Rising Sea Levels

webfact

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

Since I was a kid they have been predicting Miami would soon be under water.

You will know the end is near when they stop loaning money on ocean front property.  

That will never happen, 

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

In 30 years Bangkok will be under waters… move 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30377946

Costal and islands flooding at the end of century..

59CA9B32-6CFD-4208-8417-3BF5E739BF8A.jpeg

Sea level rise +7m in 30 years.

5142D8EA-1CD2-4A4C-8D74-B0D8035A70F8.png

Bangkok’s issue has nothing to do with rising sea levels. Its problem is that it is built on a river delta and is slowly being de-watered, hence the ground is drying out and compacting

Edited by Reigntax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure they will just come up with the idea of digging a great big hole in BKK for the water to drain away

Or the Thai Space Program will build a lunar pipe to drain the water to the moon.

Both seem feasible to me. (maybe I've been here too long?)

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Just out of curiosity, is the photograph really of the Straits of Malacca? Looks awful narrow.

No. It looks to be a photograph of the town of Malacca but not the Straits. But then we're used to seeing incorrect images in this newspaper's reports.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sea level hasn't risen noticeably in the past 60 years, can't believe it'll rise much in the next 100 years. Bezos and Obama appear to agree with me, from seeing photos of their new multi-million beachfront homes.

I suggest you change your opticians...... or maybe you only count whole metres!

In reality, changes in sea level rarely impact on our eyes directly. But on non-rocky coastlines erosion is much accelerated by  even small increases in sea level. On the South-Eastern coast of the USA, whole chains of barrier islands are gradually disappearing. In the UK, 2,300 km of coastline now have some form of protection from erosion (more than any other country in Europe). In East Anglia, erosion can average 2 metres per year. 

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

In reality, changes in sea level rarely impact on our eyes directly. But on non-rocky coastlines erosion is much accelerated by  even small increases in sea level. On the South-Eastern coast of the USA, whole chains of barrier islands are gradually disappearing. In the UK, 2,300 km of coastline now have some form of protection from erosion (more than any other country in Europe). In East Anglia, erosion can average 2 metres per year. 

Every aspect of the earths surface has been caused by volcanic reactions, tectonic plate movements and erosion in all forms.

it’s been happening a billion years and still will be in another billion years. Sea levels will rise and fall, new islands will be created, mountains and coastlines will continue to be eroded.

anyone who thinks humans have either the knowledge or power to affect these normal environmental  characteristics is deluded, suffers from a lack of scientific education as well as an overinflated opinion of their self worth.

now if we can agree erosion is natural, where does the sediment settle? And what gets displaced by this settlement?

but let us agree, there is a direct and proportional relationship between sea level rising and brainwashing

Edited by Reigntax

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

I lived with my parents on Shoreham beach (1960).

They always worried it would be flooded, but it never was.

House is still there in 2022, beach is still there, sea is still the same distance from the house.

It's never flooded.

As I said earlier, Bezos and the Obamas don't seem worried either, and their beach side homes are really low-level, 6 inches would sink them. I always find it odd that the general public are scared by the pronouncements of doom uttered at the instruction of those that own and control everything, without looking at what their rulers are actually doing, rather than saying.

The only problem I'd have living on the beach, would be finding the money needed to buy the property.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I lived with my parents on Shoreham beach (1960).

They always worried it would be flooded, but it never was.

House is still there in 2022, beach is still there, sea is still the same distance from the house.

It's never flooded.

As I said earlier, Bezos and the Obamas don't seem worried either, and their beach side homes are really low-level, 6 inches would sink them. I always find it odd that the general public are scared by the pronouncements of doom uttered at the instruction of those that own and control everything, without looking at what their rulers are actually doing, rather than saying.

The only problem I'd have living on the beach, would be finding the money needed to buy the property.

Praying for a sea rise of about 2 meter, then we'll be beachfront, instead of 'almost' surfside.

• Thanks 1