How easy is it to fall in love, real love, over 50?

Grecian

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Lived with one in Thailand for nearly a year, almost killed me, in the end I had to run away and hide.

One moved in with me while I was on holiday in the Philippines, that was really great.

I doubt many men would want (or endure) one for more than a week or two.

I could live with one, for sure.

Never met one though, so IMO they are very rare.

On 3/23/2022 at 4:21 PM, BritManToo said:

Quite easy to have a loving relationship with a woman under the age of 20.

But by the time they've reached 25, for them, it's all become transactional.

Are your friendships transactional? 

I agree that a lot of relationships here are transactional and if that is what people want then that's fine.  But that doesn't mean all relationships everywhere are.

All of my western girlfriends were and mostly still are amazing friends who I also had sex with.  None of those relationships were transactional, they were friendships where both of us would have spent every minute of the day with each other, if we could have.  I never once felt that any girlfriend was with me for what she could get financially.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Obviously I think that falling in love is possible after 50, because I've done it.

We know men can fall in love at any age.

The problem is with the women ......................

PS. Get her to sign a prenup on your home and pension.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Relationships are individual to the people in them.There is no one size fits all. Mostly its just a bad habit, you have mutual needs and wants, and together you fulfill those needs and wants (mostly).When you cease to do so, thats when it comes apart. Love? nah, dont believe i, its just a behavioral habit ????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

We know men can fall in love at any age.

The problem is with the women ......................

PS. Get her to sign a prenup on your home and pension.

I don't own a home, nor do I have a pension.  My GF knows that my total net worth (all money and investments) is less than 300k baht at the moment.  She isn't with my for my money that's for sure!

Edited by Freddy42OZ
  • Like 2

Since 85% of people have kids, late life love means dealing with those kids. That's almost always a negative -even if dollar-one doesn't have to come out of your pocket.

Many older women also get closer to their families and spirituality.

Absolutely no pay day for you there either. More stupid stuff you have to be polite about.

Here's a hilarious article about your pickings back home (bit of a long read).

https://www.salon.com/2013/03/31/my_year_on_match_com/

Edited by LaosLover

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I sort of play a game in my head when I go out with the wife shopping in Thailand, 'Ten Girls For My Harem'.  Usually full in 15 - 30 minutes and I am extremely picky.

Shopping in Bangkok in the local market at lunchtime, an upscale mall or anything in between makes it difficult to keep cool. As is an evening walk in Benjakkiti Park especially at weekends.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

If a girl did not offer to pay for dinner by the third date, there would be no more dates.

I have a similar rule ............

If a girl woman did not offer to have sex with me during the 1st date, there would be no more dates.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why would I need her to sign a prenup on your home and pension?

I wasn't talking to you.

You aren't dating a western woman 20 years your junior.

Although to be fair the guy I did quote only specified 'European' so she might be from one of the odd countries with no welfare, where the single moms are as desperate as the Thai single moms.

Why Thai ladies marry white guys 20+ years older is easy to explain.

I know I've got one, her choices were limited to either a life of ease in my nice modern home, or scrabbling around trying to sell somtam on a market stall every day and living in a single room. 

Most women choose welfare over a man (assuming welfare is an available option).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have a similar rule ............

If a girl woman did not offer to have sex with me during the 1st date, there would be no more dates.

My friends had a similar attitude. So tended to have problematic relationships. I always made sure that the girl had my best interests at heart before getting involved. ???? 

My friends' attitudes were; "If it moves, **** it!" ????

....And here's a response-article from a simpy guy to the sex-hating 60 year old Guardianista woman's one:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/4/7/1199903/-Anne-Lamott-Never-Asked-My-Opinion-About-Her-Love-Life-But-Then-Again-This-Post-Isn-t-for-Her

He's a terrible writer, but he does capture how even super-educated, affluent people can't find non-neurotic partners - a problem that particularly dogs super-educated, affluent people.

tldr: Even the most advantaged older guys in the west will find the juice is not worth the squeeze.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

....And here's a response-article from a simpy guy to the sex-hating 60 year old Guardianista woman's one:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/4/7/1199903/-Anne-Lamott-Never-Asked-My-Opinion-About-Her-Love-Life-But-Then-Again-This-Post-Isn-t-for-Her

He's a terrible writer, but he does capture how even super-educated, affluent people can't find non-neurotic partners - a problem that particularly dogs super-educated, affluent people.

tldr: Even the most advantaged older guys in the west will find the juice is not worth the squeeze.

I wouldn't do that to myself. Dating websites and applications would not do me justice. I prefer the hunt anyway. 

You don't need to find a non neurotic partner. You just need to find someone who can work with you. You likely aren't all there either. But if you can work together, that is good enough.

No one allows me to be alone long enough for me to have time to find someone new ???? I'm almost afraid of talking to women, lest they get ideas and I get myself into awkward situations.