Young man brutally attacked by two motorbike riders in front of multiple witnesses in East Pattaya

webfact

S__16564245-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

East Pattaya/Nongprue-  A 21-year-old man was brutally assaulted in public earlier this week by what was described by witnesses as a pair of big bike riders in the Nong Prue sub-district, Bang Lamung, Chonburi. The suspects, after beating the young man and causing significant injuries, casually drove away after the incident.

Around midnight on Wednesday, March 23rd, the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Radio Rescue Center rushed to the scene of a reported assault on Mr. Suthipong Jaikla, 21, who was moaning in pain on the pavement of a side-road in Nongprue with his face and skull having suffered multiple injuries. He was then taken to the nearby hospital for immediate medical assistance.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to multiple shocked eyewitnesses who had been nearby, Mr. Suthipong was attacked by two unidentified big bike riders, covered in tattoos, who suddenly charged at the victim and kicked and punched him in the face until he collapsed onto the ground.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/25/young-man-brutally-attacked-by-two-motorbike-riders-in-front-of-multiple-witnesses-in-east-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-25

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't wonder anymore... it is getting less safe. 

what a great song.....

I kiss 'em and I love 'em 'cause to me they're all the same (short, long black hair)
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em I can't even remember my own name
They call me the wonderer, yeah the wonderer

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I would like to take some comfort in thinking this was gang/drug/girl related and not just a random attack.

A friend of mine was punch full on in the face walking down a busy road in London by a complete stranger........he has never really recovered mentally from it years later.

As you say, some history attached to this attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I learnt a long time ago not to make assumptions about altercations.

Just because somebody loses, does not mean he was innocent.

He could have been the instigator and not as good at fighting ????

Would you say the same if he died from his beating?

Since when is it ok for anyone to take the law into their own hands and play judge, jury, and sometimes, executioner?  

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:07 AM, Will B Good said:

I would like to take some comfort in thinking this was gang/drug/girl related and not just a random attack.

A friend of mine was punch full on in the face walking down a busy road in London by a complete stranger........he has never really recovered mentally from it years later.

I witnessed something similar in London .

Two youngsters just standing on the street at night, thought that it would be funny to go and punch a random guy and then went and punched a punky looking bloke hard in the face .

He then pulled a knife out and tried to stab the two youngsters 

• Sad 1

Last week a friend of mine was sitting on the pavement outside a large condominium in Pattaya. An unknown foreigner about 26 years old came walking to him and kicked him brutally in the back of head and then casually walked away without saying a word.

The police caught him and he confessed, he had to pay 20000 thb fine, but the hospital cost was about 10000, and he still have concussion. Pattaya is definitely getting more dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 4:27 PM, spidermike007 said:

It is very rare. I have a good friend, who was robbed of an nearly new iphone while walking on a sidewalk in Chaiyaphum. I do not think this is common, but there is some desperation out there now, due to the Prayuth precipice, and decimation of the economy, and that was a crime of opportunity. She was knocked down from behind, and spent three days in a hospital, as she hit her head on a concrete sidewalk. A desperado, for sure. She is fine, but when you hit your head on concrete, all bets are off. 

Terrible attack, when did it happen ?

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Terrible attack, when did it happen ?

A few years ago. Before the Prayuth Precipice. Likely, there is more desperation out there now. It was bad luck. A crime of opportunity. A desperado. Could have been alot worse. She had no permanent damage, thankfully. Other than the humiliation and the loss of a nearly new iphone. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A few years ago. Before the Prayuth Precipice. Likely, there is more desperation out there now. It was bad luck. A crime of opportunity. A desperado. Could have been alot worse. She had no permanent damage, thankfully. Other than the humiliation and the loss of a nearly new iphone. 

Prayuth has a rock face ?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Last week a friend of mine was sitting on the pavement outside a large condominium in Pattaya. An unknown foreigner about 26 years old came walking to him and kicked him brutally in the back of head and then casually walked away without saying a word.

The police caught him and he confessed, he had to pay 20000 thb fine, but the hospital cost was about 10000, and he still have concussion. Pattaya is definitely getting more dangerous.

20,000thb for criminal serious assault is nothing.

He should be spending time inside for that kind of behaviour.

18 hours ago, Leaver said:

Since when is it ok for anyone to take the law into their own hands and play judge, jury, and sometimes, executioner?  

Remember, this is Thailand.

Obviously it would be nice if all people would be civilized and they would sort out their disputes peacefully.

But that is not what is happening here, and everybody who lives here for some time knows this.

Personally I never experienced any random violence in Thailand. Maybe a robbery, but that is not about violence, it's about robbing a person. It seem with violence the attacker(s) are often provoked or at least they think they were provoked. I.e. use one of those 4 letter words with the wrong person and you are in trouble. Or (try to) play with their girlfriend and many other such things. Just don't do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Remember, this is Thailand.

Yes, you can be killed over 1 baht here.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I never experienced any random violence in Thailand. Maybe a robbery, but that is not about violence, it's about robbing a person. It seem with violence the attacker(s) are often provoked or at least they think they were provoked. I.e. use one of those 4 letter words with the wrong person and you are in trouble. Or (try to) play with their girlfriend and many other such things. Just don't do it!

Sure, but sometimes that is staged, in order to "justify" an assault and / or robbery upon a victim.  

Thailand is much more dangerous than most think.  Maybe not in this case, but there are TONS of drugs in Thailand and violence over drug deals.  Just like most countries, but a little different here.  young kids on the ice or half-ice or yaabaa or whatever and you can get killed for 60 baht.  

with ice comes money.  with money comes protection.....and you don't mess with money without possible consequences.

falangs like to act like it's not here.........    the good news is 99% of falangs don't do ice.  

or gamble.   yea, another big one.  

Wait, is that the Triangle thing???  one of the biggest drug areas in the world?  not far from here??  but I only see the shake person and temples everywhere!!!  you mean people take drugs to BKK and then around the world?  not possible!!  I only see mango sellers and Youtubers riding elephants.