Out of control pickup truck narrowly misses row of food vendors, crashes into construction pit in Chonburi, vendors say religious amulets saved them

webfact

Out of control pickup truck narrowly misses row of food vendors, crashes into construction pit in Chonburi, vendors say religious amulets saved them

By Tanakorn Panyadee

277316601_514334716710703_1876221218790618062_n-696x395.jpg

Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi-  Surveillance footage appears to show a modified pick-up truck driving at full speed before crashing into a power pole and falling into a pit in Phanat Nikhom yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, March 29th, Lt. Col. Samart Boonrit, an Inspector from the Phanat Nikhom Police Station, was notified of a car accident at Sai Phanat Nikhom – Nong Samet Road near the Wat Nong Sai temple in the Mon Nang sub-district, Phanat Nikhom District, Chonburi around mid-afternoon. The pickup truck was reported as crashing into a power pole and street barriers before falling into a pit prematurely dug for plumbing pipes.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Upon the police’s arrival, the injured driver, whose name was later revealed as Kamphon Thammachat, 43, was hospitalized at a nearby hospital with many scratches. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/29/out-of-control-pickup-truck-narrowly-misses-row-of-food-vendors-crashes-into-construction-pit-in-chonburi-vendors-say-religious-amulets-saved-them/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-30

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Funny how they never view it as the amulet actually caused the crash

It is a good luck amulet I expect not a bad luck one.....  not sure where they perceive the bad luck as coming from..... probably no shortage of reasons!

I remember reading some years ago how Thai soldiers believed their amulets made them bullet proof. I thought, well if that is true you could take over the world, a couple of divisions of indestructible Thai troops wearing their magic amulets could invade and conquer the entire planet. The ultimate master race. 

1 hour ago, grain said:

I remember reading some years ago how Thai soldiers believed their amulets made them bullet proof. I thought, well if that is true you could take over the world, a couple of divisions of indestructible Thai troops wearing their magic amulets could invade and conquer the entire planet. The ultimate master race. 

The Thai army goes nowhere near bullets; their Generals make sure of that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grain said:

Maybe the Russkies need a container load.

I'm 'sorry but all the time that people in this part of the world have this mentality of believing nonsense (including what many parents, teachers and the junta spout) they will never ever emerge from the dark ages.

• Like 2

An interrogation (with Kamphon) will be carried out soon to find out the cause of this accident once he recovers from his wounds.

Sorry, but isn't it obvious..............he had the wrong amulet................

Amulet?  I like Omelets better.  Thais will always say good things about their amulets, when

they do survive their accidents. The dead get buried with them, enough said. I am just glad that the

food vendors were not injured by this driver.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Amulet?  I like Omelets better.  Thais will always say good things about their amulets, when

they do survive their accidents. The dead get buried with them, enough said. I am just glad that the

food vendors were not injured by this driver.

They get cremated in the main surely.