Thaksin does not rule out working with Palang Pracharath

webfact

screenshot_17274.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra did not rule out the possibility of his Pheu Thai Party working with Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) after the next general election in a late night club house session.

“There is no deal, I swear, no one came to talk to me,” former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said during a Clubhouse session arranged by CARE Group on Tuesday evening.  

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Local news reported over the past week that the “3 Ps”, including Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan and Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda, was seeking to make political deals with Thaksin over the two-ballot electoral system and the upcoming censure debate.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/39043/thaksin-does-not-rule-out-working-with-palang-pracharath/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-30

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Coups (that you supported) are one of the main reasons Thailand cannot have a functioning, democratic, political system.

They erode the rule of law and the democratic process.

I don't think you understand the irony of supporting the overthrow of an elected administration by autocratic Generals and then claiming Thaksin is a wanted criminal, when those charges and convictions were brought by the very same people that used illegal means to overthrow him in the first place.

Regardless of evidence, the coups and other machinations used to destabilise subsequent administrations affiliated with him now render those convictions and charges politically motivated.

You do see how that works right?

Bla Bla Bla

Politically motivated? If a politician robs a bank and he is prosecuted for that and convicted, is that politically motivated? Or is it just a robber who was also a politician?

There is no doubt that Thaksin is a criminal. The evidence is obvious and in the open. Everybody who claims he is innocent is blind or ignorant or lying.

Thaksin undermined the Thai police, prosecution and judges. This is why he could get away with his crimes for so long. At some stage enough was enough and the military removed him the only way which was possible to remove him. They should get medals for removing that criminal.

If Thaksin would have been honest and if he would have worked for the people and if he wouldn't have been so greedy then he could still be PM. But he was very corrupt and greedy and he did everything to stay in power. He should not be surprised that the military removed him. And let's not forget when the military removed him and the soldiers were on the streets for a few days many Thais gave flowers to the soldiers because they were happy that finally someone removed that corrupt criminal..

Maybe you don't want to know about reality and maybe you continue to close your eyes and support your criminal hero. But that doesn't mean he is innocent. Just study the news from the time when Thaksin was in charge and speak with people who experienced Thaksin. But then again you don't want to see reality so better keep your eyes and ears shut and pretend you know the truth.

w_480

• Haha 1

Electing Thaksin (oops PT) will lead as it always does in this country to a coup and military rule again.

I think the young people are going to have to be more involved and people are going to have to be aware that this is the case.

Personally I think he shot the party in the area below the belly button and between the legs.  The last thing most people want is more of the PPRP.  

I think that a lot of people will be3 reading and hearing this when  the next election is called and will be told that a vote for PT will be a vote for PPRP

A silver tongued crook, or a generalissimo, or both.  With a large part of a populous that think selling their vote is OK, Thailand will no doubt just be destined to repeat its mistakes ad infinitum.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Electing Thaksin (oops PT) will lead as it always does in this country to a coup and military rule again.

I think the young people are going to have to be more involved and people are going to have to be aware that this is the case.

Personally I think he shot the party in the area below the belly button and between the legs.  The last thing most people want is more of the PPRP.  

I think that a lot of people will be3 reading and hearing this when  the next election is called and will be told that a vote for PT will be a vote for PPRP

Do you really think that if any non-yellow party, such as Move Forward, would be elected, they would be allowed to govern and implement their program? Really?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

Your frustration with Thaksin seems not to improve ......????

Wait untill yo go see the election result ....expected to be as usual ????

The majority of Thai people like them all Shinawatras ...nothing you can do against ...their choice ....their vote 

And probably going to be stolen from them again i guess...

Sure they are still 'popular'

But is popular the right word / the only word.

Yes he gave the populace the 30Baht health scheme (a good scheme). (Actually it wasn't in their policies at all until the dems floated the scheme in their policy offerings, then the paymasters mob grabbed it and touted it as their policy.

Also true he gave every village 1Million Baht but what happened to the 1Million Baht. In many villages very large numbers of people bought mobile phones (but of course someone made big profits). This was in the days of telephone top up cards and it was soon realised that a large % of the new mobile owners couldn't afford to buy even the lowest price telephone cards, so his company then offered 10Baht cards.

My Thai son's buddy has a royal ML title, his mother was in a snr gov't position when the paymasters mob came in and she was appointed to an oversight committee to monitor how the 1M village funds were being spent. She raised objected and quickly resigned when she was told seriously to shut up.

Lets' not forget that vote buying was rampant and with came fear amongst many village folks and they towed the line and put their mark where told.

Many of the paymesters old scaly cronies are still representatives in the gov't today and I've got little doubt that in some maybe many villages the villagers are still very wary and will still wave their paymasters flag when told to.

After all these cronies still visit him on his birthday in Dubai every year for his birthday. Why do they do that? Obvious, they're hoping he will get back in power and their trough arrangements will return. So they make sure they are still on the favorites list.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Incidentally, as it's the subject of the "news" item.

There is no evidence, in the article, of him even being asked if he would work with them.

The only question that he seems to have been asked, and answered, is if he had been approached.

The only person who has stated that they would not rule out a deal is Prawit.

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about the soldiers who stole the country, what they did was a criminal act forcing an elected government out of office. These soldiers may not be convicted criminals, they are worse than that.

It is only because they are soldiers with many guns that they cannot be convicted, there is no one to convict them.

Currently nobody is convicting the soldiers. Exactly like nobody convicted Thaksin while he was in charge. Let's wait a few years and look what will happen.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Your frustration with Thaksin seems not to improve ......????

Wait untill yo go see the election result ....expected to be as usual ????

The majority of Thai people like them all Shinawatras ...nothing you can do against ...their choice ....their vote 

And probably going to be stolen from them again i guess...

Is it my fault when the uneducated uninformed farmers vote again for the criminal or one of his family members? I am sure if they want to do that they will do that. And if another Shinawatra will become PM and if he/she does what all Shinawatras seem to do then likely there will be another coup. I am looking forward to bring the soldiers some soft drinks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be curious as to the numbers here that follow the Care group/Clubhouse sessions on any regular [almost everyday] basis or Voice TV programming [???]- both operated by the Shinawatra holdings. 

What is usually purveyed/promoted and what is sensationalized by way of outside news worthy accounts are two different beasts. 

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Currently nobody is convicting the soldiers. Exactly like nobody convicted Thaksin while he was in charge. Let's wait a few years and look what will happen.  

Excellent answer, I cannot comment on Thaksin as I know very little about him, but I would rather have any elected government than these soldiers who are there now. IMO, they are even manipulating the Baht to suit there own ends, look how week it has been from 2014 onwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure they are still 'popular'

But is popular the right word / the only word.

Yes he gave the populace the 30Baht health scheme (a good scheme). (Actually it wasn't in their policies at all until the dems floated the scheme in their policy offerings, then the paymasters mob grabbed it and touted it as their policy.

Also true he gave every village 1Million Baht but what happened to the 1Million Baht. In many villages very large numbers of people bought mobile phones (but of course someone made big profits). This was in the days of telephone top up cards and it was soon realised that a large % of the new mobile owners couldn't afford to buy even the lowest price telephone cards, so his company then offered 10Baht cards.

My Thai son's buddy has a royal ML title, his mother was in a snr gov't position when the paymasters mob came in and she was appointed to an oversight committee to monitor how the 1M village funds were being spent. She raised objected and quickly resigned when she was told seriously to shut up.

Lets' not forget that vote buying was rampant and with came fear amongst many village folks and they towed the line and put their mark where told.

Many of the paymesters old scaly cronies are still representatives in the gov't today and I've got little doubt that in some maybe many villages the villagers are still very wary and will still wave their paymasters flag when told to.

After all these cronies still visit him on his birthday in Dubai every year for his birthday. Why do they do that? Obvious, they're hoping he will get back in power and their trough arrangements will return. So they make sure they are still on the favorites list.

Many of your points are done also by the yellow .....call it a Thai habit  555   but Thaksin & co are doing at least something for the common people .....and they are never forgetting that ....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it my fault when the uneducated uninformed farmers vote again for the criminal or one of his family members? I am sure if they want to do that they will do that. And if another Shinawatra will become PM and if he/she does what all Shinawatras seem to do then likely there will be another coup. I am looking forward to bring the soldiers some soft drinks.

About the convictions orchestrated by those who staged the coup ...... how come western governments and others never took any request from the coup gov. concerning him serious ? As they understand it was just to keep him out of politics , in Russia a same one is in jail and jailed even further  more ...... same tactics used , ....the world watch and understand ....

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

About the convictions orchestrated by those who staged the coup ...... how come western governments and others never took any request from the coup gov. concerning him serious ? As they understand it was just to keep him out of politics , in Russia a same one is in jail and jailed even further  more ...... same tactics used , ....the world watch and understand ....

Does the world understand? Does the world care? Look at the infamous Ferrari cop killer, does Interpol work to arrest him? Were Bush and Cheney prosecuted for their war crimes? Lots of international criminals get away with murder. When they are not arrested doesn't mean they are innocent. 

With Thaksin lots of what he did can be easily be researched in newspaper archives - if people want to do that. But it seems for many it is so much easier to listen to Noi and Nit. If they say he was good then he must have been a good man. 555

• Haha 1