Will Smith vs. Chris Rock: Real or staged?

2long

Do you think Will Smith vs. Chris Rock was staged?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The slap looked staged, but his anger afterwards looked very genuine........on balance I think he may have pulled out of a full on punch at the last second and the whole thing was real.

Unless Rock comes out and says it was staged, Smith is in for a lifetime of grief over this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stereolab said:

Black on Black violence so seldom reported in the Press, unless of course multi millionaires are involved.

or if it is on live TV - 

I think it was real as Rock came out of it a bit stunned and w/a closed fist... and Smith was laughing and did not think to do it until he saw that his wife was upset... 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Her disease, while embarrassing is not serious, and 7 million American women have it, so she is nothing special. 

Likely fake, also. Her hair is all there, just buzzed cut.

Do you see any patchiness?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I doubt Smith would have agreed to it. He came out looking really bad. 95% seem to agree Rock was the man, with his dignified and classy response and Smith is an out of control looney, who just may have been off his meds. He appeared to be extremely frustrated over getting stuck with what appears to be a very low quality woman, and seems to be quite unfulfilled and angry. 

Defending the honor of his wife? Such nonsense. It was comedy. Her disease, while embarrassing is not serious, and 7 million American women have it, so she is nothing special. 

His speech afterwards was equally ridiculous. What is this, the 17th century? All that was missing were the swords. Smith came across as a street thug with paper thin skin, in my opinion. I lost all respect for him. 

So, it´s okay to make any kind of jokes about people in todays world. People do no longer have to show respect for others. Nothing is morally wrong.

I am not saying it´s okay to just blow up and use violence, but a part of me can understand his reaction. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I don't know how anyone could think it was staged?

Makes me wonder how gullible some people are with today's news and distorted social media points of view.

Or gullible for believing that actors could act.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I doubt Smith would have agreed to it. He came out looking really bad. 95% seem to agree Rock was the man, with his dignified and classy response and Smith is an out of control looney, who just may have been off his meds. He appeared to be extremely frustrated over getting stuck with what appears to be a very low quality woman, and seems to be quite unfulfilled and angry. 

Defending the honor of his wife? Such nonsense. It was comedy. Her disease, while embarrassing is not serious, and 7 million American women have it, so she is nothing special. 

His speech afterwards was equally ridiculous. What is this, the 17th century? All that was missing were the swords. Smith came across as a street thug with paper thin skin, in my opinion. I lost all respect for him. 

Dont know about defending the honor of his wife ,does he defend it when either of them sleeps with other people ,in their " open" marriage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Read an interesting quote in another forum and it went like this:

Smith gets upset over a guy having his wife's name in his mouth, but Smith doesn't get upset with his wife having others in her ..........

6 minutes and 30 seconds into this clip is a similar thing. ????

https://youtu.be/QgI2nnrnjz8

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably very true.  Smith has attempted to put across a squeaky clean image throughout his career and his attitude towards his wife appears to be quite "feminist".  And what does he get for his niceguy image and simpish pandering?  An unfaithful and rapidly aging woman who has zero respect for him.  Worse than that, it has all been played out very publicly.

Smith's image is in tatters and this last ditch attempt to prove he was "the man" had the exact opposite effect.

They say that most anger is projection, so yeah, Rock's joke at the expense of Smith's wife probably felt like he was saying "You're Will Goddam Smith.  Look how low you have become.  Look how old and ugly your lying cheating wife is.  You're stuck with her and she hates you and treats you like dirt and everybody knows it."

Exactly what I was thinking. It is humiliating for your wife to cheat on you and then get caught. It is doubly humiliating when you are an A list star and it is a huge, very public scandal. And the triple humiliation is when he decides to stay with her and choose to be an emasculated SIMP. 

So, likely he was just making a big show, based on a tremendous degree of insecurity. And besides, that slap was like it was coming from 13 year old girl. Which is kind of what he has been reduced to being. Poor Will. 

Edited by spidermike007

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, it´s okay to make any kind of jokes about people in todays world. People do no longer have to show respect for others. Nothing is morally wrong.

I am not saying it´s okay to just blow up and use violence, but a part of me can understand his reaction. 

Can't humor and comedy be that one area of life that is not subjected to weak PC and Uber feminism?

It should be. So many people have such thin skin and self esteem issues these days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It should be.

Yes, according to your individual opinion. Judging out of your "It´s should be"-arrogance, you seem to think you are the one that is right and people that think different is wrong. That´s even worse than a little violence. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I don't know how anyone could think it was staged?

Makes me wonder how gullible some people are with today's news and distorted social media points of view.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that some actors may cause a scene to get mass World wide publicity  and yo keep their name as a headline news 

• Like 2