Will Smith vs. Chris Rock: Real or staged?

2long

Do you think Will Smith vs. Chris Rock was staged?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Why are you overlooking the massive elephant in the room? Why on earth would Chris Rock take a shot at Jada?  Plenty of other things to poke fun at during the Oscars.  Under normal circumstances do you really think Rock would have teased (a friend) about her embarrassing medical condition.

The whole thing was entirely staged, perhaps the Academy was complicit, perhaps not, but rest assured it was just a desperate bid to stay relevant.

There's a long tradition of poking fun at the famous celebrities in attendance, almost like a celebrity roast. It's one of the reasons the host of the Oscar's is almost always a comedian!

I remember Johnny Carson poking fun at members of the audience, must be 50 years ago, now! 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, EVENKEEL said:

initially I would have bet money it was staged. Guess I was wrong. What guy open slaps another guy?

A wimpy punk guy. With no fighting skills. Rock could likely have wiped him out. But, the grace he showed was exceptional. 

On 4/1/2022 at 12:56 PM, peter zwart said:

Staged and not worth mention it. Absolute non-event

The Academy ; Hey Will, the Oscars audience is down so we want you to ruin the best night of your career and overshadow your Oscar win by slapping another black guy on stage. We're going to get someone to insult your wife about her medical condition in front of millions of people and then you can bitchslap him. Everyone is going to criticize you, it's going to be a really bad look for the black community and you'll be reminded for weeks about your cheating wife's ways, your disfunctional family and your celebrity privilige. Your wife will be labelled a manipulative narcissist. People will call you a fake, call for the award to be cancelled, you'll have to resign from the academy with a grovelling apology and your career will no doubt suffer as a result. 

Will ; Sounds like a great idea. No such thing as bad publicity right.

Seriously, how anyone can think this is fake is beyond me. Are people that oblivious to what is fake and what is real?