Whats the best high end 5 star hotel option in Phuket?

davidst01

Just for giggles, I went to Hotels.com and looked up 5 star hotels in Phuket.  They ranged from $28 a night to $1900 a night for availability mid April. 

I suspect the OP would get more useful recommendations specifying a budget, and/or a priority list of exactly what he's looking for.

• Like 2

I believe the best ones are quite remote and it's advantageous to stay on their grounds. 
Is THAT what you are looking for?  
If so, yes, the Amanpuri is probably the highest end one. 
But there are so many.  
Some are closer to other (night) action in case you want to experience more than just high end amenities.

For example the Pullman near Naithon beach is nice, as well as the Hilton in Karon.   Both very nice and near good beaches.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Seems a home from home for the pretentious or those that want to be and think they are special ????

Having money and fame doesn't necessarily mean someone is "pretentious", or thinks that they are "special".

You sound just a teensy bit jealous.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Having money and fame doesn't necessarily mean someone is "pretentious", or thinks that they are "special".

You sound just a teensy bit jealous.

A favourite hotel of yours by the sound of it ????

I've lived here for the past 14 years, the year before I made it permanent I stayed for a fortnight at the Banyan Tree in Bang Tao.  One bedroom villa with private pool and a small deck on a lagoon.   Spa and restaurants were excellent.   From recollection, it was around US$500 a night at that time.   That area (Laguna) has radically altered since then, with much more facilities in the area now.  I've stayed at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok also, different concept but equally good.

As others have mentioned, one key detail is whether you hope to spend nearly all of your time in the resort or you would like to have somewhat easy access to other restaurants and activities. The location would be important or less important based upon that. 

I like the options at both The Sala and The Slate, especially rooms which feature your own private pool - but there isn't much around them. Mai Khao is a lovely area, but it is 45 minutes drive to Phuket town and 1+ hour to Patong.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:06 AM, fiddlehead said:

Hilton in Karon.   Both very nice and near good beaches.  

I've stayed here in the past - good hotel, excellent beach. I wouldn't say it was ultra luxurious, but a good quality hotel.

Banyan Tree is also very good as per another reader, more expensive than the Hilton ( or at least it was when I stayed there ).

You have loads of options - pick the environment and beach. All depends if you want to be hotel based or get out and about.

That's the whole point of Phuket as a vacation venue and its options for activities.    It's not a single resort area, and there are niche hotels at either end of the quality spectrum in nearly all locations.   A favourite amongst Thai Hi-So's is Sri Panwa, right at the end of Cape Panwa.    Living here, I've never stayed, though eaten there a couple of times.   Probably the best views of any place on the island.   Often used by the Thai Royal Family who helicopter in to the Thai Navy base less than an kilometre away.

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

That's the whole point of Phuket as a vacation venue and its options for activities.    It's not a single resort area, and there are niche hotels at either end of the quality spectrum in nearly all locations.   A favourite amongst Thai Hi-So's is Sri Panwa, right at the end of Cape Panwa.    Living here, I've never stayed, though eaten there a couple of times.   Probably the best views of any place on the island.   Often used by the Thai Royal Family who helicopter in to the Thai Navy base less than an kilometre away.

Sri Panwa might be a spectacular place but don't leave a bad review and if you see the owner getting into a car, keep out of the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are several 5 or 6 star hotels along Mai Khow Beach in north Phuket (near the airport). The Anantara Mai Khow Villas is especially nice. As others have noted, the area is a bit isolated but there is the Turtle Shopping Mall just down the street for some off resort eats and 7-Eleven essentials. There is also golf nearby. The beach isn't the best for swimming...and is actually dangerous during the monsoon season (June-September).

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There are several 5 or 6 star hotels along Mai Khow Beach in north Phuket (near the airport). The Anantara Mai Khow Villas is especially nice. As others have noted, the area is a bit isolated but there is the Turtle Shopping Mall just down the street for some off resort eats and 7-Eleven essentials. There is also golf nearby. The beach isn't the best for swimming...and is actually dangerous during the monsoon season (June-September).

Hope you have a high tolerance for aircraft noise.......

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Hope you have a high tolerance for aircraft noise.......

The airport is at the far southern end of the beach...the famous picture taking spot. I've stayed multiple times at hotels from the middle of the beach to the northern tip (pre-covid when there was a take-off/departure every few minutes) where the high-end resorts like the Anantara are located and didn't hear a thing (and I'm not deaf).