COVID-19: Thailand reports 28,029 new coronavirus cases, 96 deaths, 23,352 recoveries

webfact

23 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

No because you qualified that with "death issue for the really old and frail" Yes it can cause death for younger people even when they have no underlying conditions 

Most likely they do have underlying conditions but nobody knew. And can we be sure that some of those deaths were, say, in road accidents, where the victim happened to have Covid? I have no confidence in these figures.

Seriously, how does someone die of omicron without underlying conditions? Their sniffles are that severe?

I would like to hear details of particular cases and judge for myself.

10 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Most likely they do have underlying conditions but nobody knew. And can we be sure that some of those deaths were, say, in road accidents, where the victim happened to have Covid? I have no confidence in these figures.

Seriously, how does someone die of omicron without underlying conditions? Their sniffles are that severe?

Pure speculation on your part, Thai officials classified them as under 60 with no known underlying conditions. The rest of your post is nonsense

19 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

More drivel and nonsense.  Omicron is causing deaths, and you want to believe the folks listed as dead were killed in a car accident and then tested for Covid and then made a covid death...are you for real?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its just been found recently so obviously more reliable stats are needed although they also said:

The WHO report echoes the 11 March UK Health Security Agency report which said, "As of 22 March 2022, there are 637 XE cases in England. These are geographically distributed across England and increasing in number, with the first case detected via sequencing on 19 January 2022, and most cases in East of England, London, and the South East... The median growth rate is +9.8 per cent per week. Numbers were too small for the XE recombinant to be analysed by region."

From the UKHSA latest update:

"We run a statistical model to calculate the probability of a sampled genome being from the novel variant vs from the control over time. Growth rates are calculated per week or per day and are expressed on a log scale. A logistic growth rate of 0.5 per week indicates that the variant is increasing by a multiplicative factor of exp (0.5) =1.65 per week in comparison to the control. A logistic growth rate of zero would indicate no difference in growth rates between the 2 variants."

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1063424/Tech-Briefing-39-25March2022_FINAL.pdf

Yeah, thanks for the update. No doubt the Thailand government will ensure businesses will stay closed down for a few more months. I wonder how many have died through fear of catching Covid. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Yeah, thanks for the update. No doubt the Thailand government will ensure businesses will stay closed down for a few more months. I wonder how many have died through fear of catching Covid. 

No problem, I don't agree with your conclusion however. I personally believe they will have all businesses open and the test and go requirements gone within a couple of months or sooner. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Mr Derek said:

I think the question you have to ask yourself is, were they vaccinated, partially vaccinated or no vaccination at all? Omicron gets into the lungs as I know from my own experience. Luckily I was fully vaccinated and therefore only had 4 small spots. Now imagine Omicron getting fully into the lungs and there you have the recipe for a possible death. It is more than just sniffles!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

This is the crucial statement from the above:

Susan Hopkins, UKHSA chief medical adviser, told South China Morning Post that XE had shown a variable growth rate but the agency could not yet confirm whether it had a true growth advantage. “So far there is not enough evidence to draw conclusions about transmissibility, severity or vaccine effectiveness.”

I would have thought the very fact that it is growing is a comment on transmissibility and vaccine effectiveness.  If it's not markedly different from its origins then increased severity will hopefully not be an issue.  All we can do is wait.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

More drivel and nonsense.  Omicron is causing deaths, and you want to believe the folks listed as dead were killed in a car accident and then tested for Covid and then made a covid death...are you for real?

I raised the age-old distinction between "died directly due to Covid" vs "died when happened to have Covid" and will continue to raise it until the data we are being fed clearly separates these things out.

The point is we have no idea whether deaths of people who happened to have Covid are fed (deliberately or carelessly?) into the daily Covid statistics. There is a qualitative judgement involved at both medical and administrative levels.

Where is the line drawn? Do you know? If you have some medical insight on this, can you provide it to reassure us?

2 hours ago, worrab said:

I think the question you have to ask yourself is, were they vaccinated, partially vaccinated or no vaccination at all? Omicron gets into the lungs as I know from my own experience. Luckily I was fully vaccinated and therefore only had 4 small spots. Now imagine Omicron getting fully into the lungs and there you have the recipe for a possible death. It is more than just sniffles!!

I have only been hearing just the opposite regarding omicron affecting the lungs. This is why I am so skeptical. I would be interested to know more about your experience. Where you on a respirator?

4 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I have only been hearing just the opposite regarding omicron affecting the lungs. This is why I am so skeptical. I would be interested to know more about your experience. Where you on a respirator?

It does not affect the lungs as badly as Delta but it can still replicate there and cause pneumonia, or perhaps there's a separate viral pneumonia thats not been detected and unknown thats increasing daily in Thailand?

image.png.f1a538bbafeb36473fd3ac6a08d84387.png

27 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I can assure you that Omicron will affect the lungs. I had 2 X-rays and the second showed the 4 spots within the lungs. As I had realised very early on with the sore throat and tested the same day showing positive, I went to hospital the next day to confirm. I caught it early and with a regime of pills and exercise at the hospitel, I managed to beat it. They were always ensuring my oxygen levels were not dropping below 94%. So no, I did not need to go onto a respirator thank goodness.

But please believe me, having talked with the doctors and nurses, if you are not fully vaccinated then you are taking a huge gamble with your lungs and possibly life.

• Thanks 1

A post with an out of date video from an unapproved social media source has been removed as well as the replies:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Chonburi :Sunday

Excerpt:
Two people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or with pneumonia. One of them was not vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic at 99.687 percent.

Six new deaths were aged 38, 71, 79, 83, 83, and 85 with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. One of them was not vaccinated.
  • Thanks 1

Thailand reports 24,892 new COVID-19 cases, 97 deaths, 27,254 recoveries

COV4 copy.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (April 4) reported 24,892 new COVID-19 cases, 27,254 recoveries and 97 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1255590-thailand-reports-24892-new-covid-19-cases-97-deaths-27254-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin