American swindler arrested in Nana - he preyed on foreigners living in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Very conservative returns for a scam ,at least compared  to

what Thai scammers offer ,10 - 30 % not unusual .

regards Worgeordie

I guess that added to his plausibility in the eyes of his foreign "marks".

Foreigners may have been more suspicious had he offered the sort of returns that Thai conpersons offer their Thai targets.

(Oops, looks like I might be a bit late to the game in the nature of my response to your comment!)

Edited by Enoon

Very conservative returns for a scam ,at least compared  to

what Thai scammers offer ,10 - 30 % not unusual .

regards Worgeordie

But only managed to get 3 Million Baht ,chicken feed for Thai scammers.

regards Worgeordie

He’s American, not Thai. 
regards cocoonclub

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Actually probably wise to only offer 5%, almost believable. Those offering 30% are obviously scams. But who would make an investment with some guy you met in a Nana car park?

To one expert, the fact that Bernie Madoff was guaranteeing 12% was obviously a scam.

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I have my doubts as well as he was only scamming foreigners which is the national sport in Thailand's tourist cities, you can't blame him for wanting to participate.

He should be tared and feathered for scamming foreigners that live here. Most of us are on pensions the dirty b------!

The Thai justice system is slow. I complained to the Thai SEC about the guy that scammed me out of 130,000 UKP in 2013 and the ECD of the RTP have only just got around to asking me to make an official complaint but they want me to go to BKK and pay for my own interpreter. No payback in it for me so forget it. Another guy who scammed some friends legged it to the UK and he got away with extradition because of the state of Thai jails so he is still lording it with his scammed millions ... https://www.law360.co.uk/articles/1445003

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably no one but why ask that as there was no suggestion that that was how investors were introduced to him?

Seems to me, if you go looking for trouble or an easy way out, you will always find it, and it will most likely bite you, in your backside.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1