No positive Thailand stories on here and expat mental health

On 4/5/2022 at 11:30 AM, BritManToo said:

If I didn't enjoy living in Thailand, I'd move elsewhere.

If I didn't enjoy posting on AseanNow, I'd post elsewhere.

You'll also enjoy the forum a lot more if you use the 'ignore' function.  Silence the ignorant folks and sh!t strirrers.  My list seems to grow every day.  Filling up page 2 on the list ????  Negative people are so boring.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

You'll also enjoy the forum a lot more if you use the 'ignore' function.  Silence the ignorant folks and sh!t strirrers.  My list seems to grow every day.  Filling up page 2 on the list ????  Negative people are so boring.

Only 2?

I have 5 pages of ignore.

Mostly people who are rude.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Soon you will be only reading your own posts ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I actually dont have anyone on ignore. Nobody really gets to me. Its all just online so what. 

They don't get to me, I'd just prefer not reading what someone is telling what I was not thinking about or saying.  Or ignorant people who want to argue what they have no knowledge of.

Happy to agree to disagree, or be corrected, but argue for the sake of ... nah.  Ignore list speeds things along while reading, if half the replies are hidden.  At my age, time is valuable ... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

They don't get to me, I'd just prefer not reading what someone is telling what I was not thinking about or saying.  Or ignorant people who want to argue what they have no knowledge of.

Happy to agree to disagree, or be corrected, but argue for the sake of ... nah.  Ignore list speeds things along while reading, if half the replies are hidden.  At my age, time is valuable ... ????

Ah just like to read what others have to say sometimes its good to see an other point of view. But yes there are some people who are always the total opposite  of me. So it does cost some time.

However been less on Thaivisa as there is not much nice topics recently. Nothing really interesting.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

I actually dont have anyone on ignore. Nobody really gets to me. Its all just online so what. 

I find posts from some that some others from my POV (point-of-view) might put on ignore have the highest entertainment value. An iconoclast could hardly ask for more.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure the problem with most of those people is they can move to anywhere and they will still complain. They will find something, anything, to complain. Because that is their "character".

Maybe at least some of them realize (maybe conscious, maybe not) that moving to another place won't change their situation. And some of them will have enough people who listen to them and they can complain together. I guess this is kind of their version of happiness. ???? 

In Saudi I had a friend that used to visit me frequently for a lengthy "hate Saudi" session that we enjoyed immensely. We were both there for the money, period.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:41 PM, KhunLA said:

LOL. If I put everyone on ignore that attacks me I could read a thread in about 5 minutes.

Anyway, one needs to see what the opposition is thinking to understand them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe people simply care not to waste any time reading drivel from uneducated folks.  Or trolls that simply like to argue for the sake of.  People can write whatever pleases them, it's a free world, almost, just as I prefer not to read it.

Just exercising my right to choose.  Really does make the forum a more pleasant read.

Edited by KhunLA

On 4/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, robblok said:

Ah just like to read what others have to say sometimes its good to see an other point of view. But yes there are some people who are always the total opposite  of me. So it does cost some time.

However been less on Thaivisa as there is not much nice topics recently. Nothing really interesting.

That’s because you’re not pulling your weight on the Weights forum.  You’re always going to run into the obstreperous, argumentative and ignorantly opinionated in the Pub.  You would not be here if you did not want to strike up a conversation with us!

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

That’s because you’re not pulling your weight on the Weights forum.  You’re always going to run into the obstreperous, argumentative and ignorantly opinionated in the Pub.  You would not be here if you did not want to strike up a conversation with us!

Sorry i think it would not be a good idea for someone who almost never drinks.  So i have been avoiding the pub. 

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Sorry i think it would not be a good idea for someone who almost never drinks.  So i have been avoiding the pub. 

I enjoy your posts in the fitness and weights forum, but it’s mostly a different crowd in the Pub.  Luckily, I wear a helmet, and so far I have been able to enjoy both chats.

• Haha 1

Why do you think the Keystone cops seize truckloads of drugs every week?

Demand to blot out reality with harder substances than booze is through the roof. Er, what was this thread about again? ????

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

What if there's nothing positive to report?   (There isn't). Should  we start making up stories to make Thailand look good?

We could title them the 'TAT' series .... 

... oh wait, that's not

10 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

What if there's nothing positive to report?   (There isn't). Should  we start making up stories to make Thailand look good?

Sun rose

Warm outside

Nice food

Nice women

Beer

Music

You alive

Whats so bad? I miss Thailand

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Why not the Thai government does it all the time

• Haha 1

To be fair covid, covid hysteria, politics post 2014 (2006), general economic malaise (2006). Tourist hordes pre covid. Visas, immigration hassles. Lots to legitimately moan about.

Any of it clearly better that I've simply overlooked?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in but it's getting worse not better. Stop being Pollyanna's.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:53 PM, whereyougo said:

Its very obviouse that long term posters are suffering mental health issues IMO due to the constant bad news stories without a break.

Be careful people

I like my mental health problems. I wouldn't be cranky old phukker me if I was right in the head. I've found my problems to be very useful, educational actually. For example, I learned how to make a soundproof room so people can't hear me scream.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure the problem with most of those people is they can move to anywhere and they will still complain. They will find something, anything, to complain. Because that is their "character".

I don't think that's the whole story. Forgive me, I can't remember your nationality, but in the UK where I'm from, it's a part of the culture to go into some office of the civil service or some QUANGO and jab your finger repeatedly on the counter while making your complaint, and then taking a deep breath, and continuing with "AND ANOTHER THING!. . ."

Obviously, there is no outlet here for folk like this. Not having that outlet eats away at the soul of some people.