TM30 24 hour after returning still?

5 minutes ago, tjintx said:

Still a requirement.

Whoops I didn't do one when I got back from the UK last Sunday as I didn't think it was required (Jomtien Immigration) if you're on a long stay visa & returning to your previous address. 

Can anybody confirm for sure whether Jomtien Immigration expect you to do one. 

Edit: Looks like the rules changed in June 2020... 

The Royal Thai Police has issued a notification which relaxes the requirement for property owners or hotel managers in Thailand to notify an immigration office every time a foreign national stays in their property. Titled “The Royal Thai Police Notification on Residence of Heads of Household, House Owners, Landlords, or Managers of Hotels, Who Accommodate Foreign Nationals on a Temporary Basis,” the notification was published in the Government Gazette on June 16, 2020, and will take effect on June 30, 2020.

Under the notification, there will still be a duty for landlords or hotel owners to submit a T.M.30 form to an immigration office within 24 hours of a foreign national staying at their premises. However, they are no longer required to resubmit a T.M.30 form every time a foreign national returns to stay at the same place, which was an onerous requirement under the previous version of notification, issued in 1979.

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/thailand-relax-rules-tm30-immigration-requirements/

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

thought this had been stopped but looking at the Thai embassy website it still has it has a requirement

If you are returning with a reentry permit you are not required to file TM30.

That would be required if entering with new visa or visa exempt. 

Edit: OP, just noticed you did not specify return from o/s or just travel to another province.

You do not need to file a TM30.

That is now for change of address. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Whoops I didn't do one when I got back from the UK last Sunday as I didn't think it was required (Jomtien Immigration) if you're on a long stay visa & returning to your previous address. 

TM30 not required in your example. 

• Thanks 1

TM30 24 hour after returning still?

Yes, UNLESS you're returning to your previously TM30/Sec. 38 reported address.

Regulation of Royal Thai Police on notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to temporary stay in the Kingdom.

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

Still some confusion re: "within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended".

That is, is this somehow tied to the current permission to stay, and is it automatically extended when the permission to stay is extended. But that may have been clarified back in June/July 2020 when this letter was issued?

1663063533_TM30ReportingRegulation (1).pdf

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your summary is correct.

Never heard of updating your TM30.

went to do a 90 day report last year, not only would they not give me a line ticket without showing the last TM30 report done 2 years before, there was a lot of concern about it's age in the office. Officer had to go and get a signature put on it by a superior. This year was not asked!

25 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

there was a lot of concern about it's age in the office

So many things vary by office. When you ask for input here, it may be helpful to provide your office, and you need to factor that in to your actions.

As always you need to check with your office to see what they require.

Did you return to the exact same physical address?

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

went to do a 90 day report last year, not only would they not give me a line ticket without showing the last TM30 report done 2 years before, there was a lot of concern about it's age in the office. Officer had to go and get a signature put on it by a superior. This year was not asked!

The clerks issuing queue tickets and check docs often know very little.

Sounds like this may be MTT.

BTW .....in my 10 years here I have never done a TM30.

Even when I obtained a residence certificate.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So many things vary by office. When you ask for input here, it may be helpful to provide your office, and you need to factor that in to your actions.

As always you need to check with your office to see what they require.

Did you return to the exact same physical address?

Not moved in 12 years, this was samut prakan office, you can get different answers from 2 officers of course!

On 4/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, DrJack54 said:

If you are returning with a reentry permit you are not required to file TM30.

That would be required if entering with new visa or visa exempt. 

Edit: OP, just noticed you did not specify return from o/s or just travel to another province.

You do not need to file a TM30.

That is now for change of address. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I was not aware of this nuance. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 8:43 AM, clivebaxter said:

Immigration staff are just as confused as we are. ????