War Causes Highest Inflation in 13 years

snoop1130

Y'all above posters must be stoned on the 0.2% weed, to not agree with the govmint its the police action in some foreign country causing inflation.

Edited by wombat

8 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I guess you haven't been to the Ukraine lately

????????????????  I know this isnt the most high brow forum far from it for the most part. But seriously? 

But to answer your question no I have not beem to the Ukraine recently. Have you? Please let me know if you have and if anything may be happening there. Cheers.

Edited by starky

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I don't think what's going on in Ukraine is just a dust-up.

Jesus. I know humour doesnt translate well in text but this forum takes the cake. I am well aware of goings on overseas, thanks. How it correleates to Thailand having the highest inflation in 13 years in just over a month, when they are discussing year on year figures could potentially be open to debate though I posit. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Think it's pretty certain not the war suddenly caused inflation, it's just added to the pace of rise. In the UK we've been seeing inflation steadily increase since before Christmas. Kept telling the girlfriend that you haven't seen the inflation yet in Thailand as you seem to be at least 3-4 months behind, give it another couple of months and I'm sure Thai consumers will really start to notice it. It's going to hit the every country IMO.

Exactly, the problems in Ukraine have only compounded problems that were already beginning to surface, the rises in energy prices were being discussed before Christmas.

This is another global problem that will not go away soon and Thailand is much better placed to deal  with it than others. Chicken farmers in the UK are already running out of feed and sunflower oil is becoming worth it's weight in gold.

The real  problem is how far will it run, people are talking about 7-8% as a crisis. I bought my first house in 1976, interest rates were around 10% and within 5 years had topped 18%.  We can only hope we don't end up there again.

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, blaming it on a war that has only been going for 6 weeks, sounds like the blame it on everything else except our inept selves game is starting to be played.  What a bunch of flicking cluntss.... 

If Thailand thinks it has an inflation issue now, wait a Month or so, when all the future Contracts for raw Commodities kicks in.

Oil and Gas futures are only a small part of the overall picture, with many Commodities coming out of either Russia or Ukraine gaining massively.

We are talking Wheat, Corn, Nickel, Palladium, Platinum, Potash Etc Etc Etc., and of course Oil and Gas.

Deliveries of Raw Commodities will have been placed on the Futures Market by Traders for delivery now, way back in December or November, so will be still at the pre War prices.

Expect prices to rise rapidly from next Month onwards as the contracts placed in early February start to be delivered.

Many of these Commodities have gained 50 % or more in price, and some as much as 150 %, so its possible to see the outcome of these price rises fairly easily.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, starky said:

????????????????  I know this isnt the most high brow forum far from it for the most part. But seriously? 

But to answer your question no I have not beem to the Ukraine recently. Have you? Please let me know if you have and if anything may be happening there. Cheers.

The news reports are bringing it into our living rooms on a daily basis. 

• Thanks 1

Too many dollars and euros have been created, backed by nothing. Those dollars have ended as currency reserves of countries, a so called export of inflation. Now countries will be in a race to spend these reserves on resources before reserves are arbitrarily frozen by central banks of US and Europe for “wrong” behavior and before resources are scooped up by competition. Prices of resources constitute a significant part in the prices of final products. As the race is only starting and currency reserves in the world are very large, price inflation can be expected to accelerate at mind-boggling rates.