Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

I'd left Pattaya 15 year ago but recall reading that many of the girls were from university and managed by outside agency/ies. So, this problem is ages old.

I recall the women were said to generally be all business, love lady drinks and reject all offers of a bar fine.

Gogos were always fun for b30 draft HR and b60 bottled beer. After that I'm just not that impressed to stick around even 15 years ago when I was even more hansum than I am now

I've told this story a few times, here it is again. In my village there had been a returned bargirl from BKK. Years of that life had spoiled her, a total princess prancing around.

She hooked up with a Thai BF and was planning a royal wedding. The sin sod number we heard thrown around was 50k. As such she wasn't lifting a finger around the house, nor helping to sell at the roadside market as others were doing. She even had the nerve to bum a few baht here and there off her 70+ grandparents, in lieu of work, as they were out cutting the sugar cane during harvest time, promising them the big money was coming.

Well, as you can imagine the BF and his fam could only take so much of this attitude, and called the wedding off. She then spent the next few weeks stomping around the village and scowling. Then one night as she had her usual dinner with the grandparents, we heard a plastic plate tossed across their front yard, smacking into a wall. Oh dear, some family conflict is afoot. The next day she was gone.

Grandpa also finally had enough and gave her the boot. There had actually been work waiting for her in the nearby town that she was refusing. All their shops have converted to online shopping and can't get enough people to pack. Now the pompous princess product packer is getting a pertinent attitude adjustment. I'm sure there are many such cases. Better job, less dangerous, less demeaning, better for her personal development and future. A much needed change for the better, thanks to Covid.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, TheScience said:

Pattaya will never be what it was early 00s. It had been rapidly changing demographics since 2009. Chinese and Russians (Indians) in [now entirely GONE and not to return], western economies with jaded, economically troubled economies - boomers out.

No idea what you base your thinking on.

Pattaya as is is an old boomer town. This lot is old and largely out of money. No one wants to deal with the covididiocy.

I've long since said that Pattaya forward is reinventing itself as a bedroom community for Rayong. The dream being to develop the Easter seaboard. Not a bunch of shiftless, paupers in singlets, running shorts and flip flops chasing draft beer happy hours.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:26 AM, Hummin said:

I never expected sex when barfined a girl, and in most cases I just spent time with them, going to restaurant, nightclub, a holiday trip, or just hang out for some time. Sex came as an bonus where they took the first step.

However I have never discussed money or made an agreement with a girl for sex before leaving a bar.

???? k dude 

On 4/13/2022 at 5:34 PM, JensenZ said:

You're too "hansum" for your own good LOL

Perhaps the sex is an insurance policy just in case customers try to get out of paying.

this is correct. 

On 4/14/2022 at 1:42 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

But she isnt having sex with you because she wants to have sex with you .

She is having sex with you because she wants the money 

right.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:20 AM, Bruno123 said:

You are very cynical ???? But that is not the world in which I grew up; so I haven't ever replicated that behaviour. 

In fact many of my peers were proud of their ability to extract money from women; cars and jewellery etc all bought by their girlfriends. Not my friends, per se. 

I did it once, to my shame; suggested to a girl who was interested in me that there was a guitar that I liked. She said that she would buy it for me. Perhaps she did; I don't remember.

Also my older girlfriends(18 to 28) would spend more on me, simply because they had more.

So paying someone for their company seems appalling to me. By all means pay for your first meetings in order to get to know each other. But once the relationship begins, you are taking care of each other. 

That for me is a normal relationship. What you describe is something else. I haven't experienced such a thing, as such a person would be quickly discounted.

I guess you'll say I'm one of the 1% ???? 

On 4/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, Bruno123 said:

No; it's your life and your relationships as they are today. You are simply transposing your experience to all.

I choose a different path and get a different result. 

Which one of us is in denial? ???? None of my girlfriends/partners needed paying, nor did I need to pay for them; that's a fact. But yet you suggest that it is I who is living in denial.

It doesn't mean that I am criticising. We all have to get through the journey best we can ????

Stay healthy, be happy, do no harm ???? 

you're either larping (live action roleplaying) or you have model tier looks. if that is the case, then your experiences have nothing to do with who you are but how attractive you are. simple as. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

???? k dude 

this is correct. 

right.

you're either larping (live action roleplaying) or you have model tier looks. if that is the case, then your experiences have nothing to do with who you are but how attractive you are. simple as. 

Easy to forget nobody is same, not even bar girls or the bar girls working. Even bar girls have different motivation and goals in life. Some just want to be taken care off, some want as much money as possible, others want a husband and quit as fast as possible, and some like sex and adventure, travelling and repeat at same time being taken care off while they waiting for nr 1 nr 2 and nr 3 to show up again and do what they promissed.

Most girls I travelled with had men on grass somewhere, and already had steady income, and I guess I was their toyboy to kill time in meantime. This was before any smartphone was invented. I havent been much in to the bar scene except once and awhile found someone interesting enough to spend time with. Good Language and liked to do different activities and sports. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheScience said:

I recall the women were said to generally be all business, love lady drinks and reject all offers of a bar fine.

Known as drinky girls in PI.

My pal and I would walk into a club or bar, 10 girls would rush towards us and we would loudly announce, "any girls not available to be bar fined can walk away now". There would usually be 4 or 5 left and we would select two to sit with.

Nothing wrong with the 'drinky girls' as long as we knew up front. Some evenings we were happy to pay the 100 pesos for 30-45mins of cuddles and flirting. Cheap Charlie's in Barretto was 'drinky girls' only, nice place to drink in the afternoon and early evening..

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

???? k dude 

this is correct. 

right.

How attractive you are isn't always connected to "model tier looks". I, in fact, often shun girls I think too attractive, as I find it a bit too stressful. More than once I've had them come back to me years later asking me why I didn't ever ask them out.

Models aren't particularly attractive anyway. Have you actually met any? 

Do you think women are only attracted to a single type? 

How long would a relationship last if it were based solely on looks? Try to write intelligently.

I think my girls on the whole are attractive; some even beautiful. But the most beautiful thing about them is when they genuinely want the best for me.

We just operate on different levels. I never got involved in p*ssing contests. I just play to my own strengths.

I guess you joined in ???? 

Simple as it is in your mind.... nothing to do with reality, but with your experience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Niether does your evangilistic look at the bar business in Thailand.

Haha, rubbish.  Bar owners here are exploiters and low life's, bar a very few who try to run a legitimate businesses rather than a brothel. By your comments you are either one of the former, a patron of the former, or you don't know Thailand at all.   I suspect it may be a combination of the three. 

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:23 AM, jacko45k said:

Not 'cherry girls'?

I've never wanted to harm any person, man or woman, mentally or physically.

If a lady has been working bar for 10 years, I reckon I won't be doing her any further harm.

If she started working bar last week, I won't be interested.

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/20/2022 at 3:06 AM, Doctor Tom said:

No they are all going online, therefore avoiding the low life bar owners that rip them off.  

I don't think the bar owners are ripping the girls off. 

The girls are well aware of their salary, working conditions, and management's expectations, when they start working at any bar. 

If you are talking about the girls not meeting lady drink targets and bar fine targets, those bars ultimately don't end up doing so well because the girls are so pushy. 

These sales targets are another reason why many of the girls have moved, and will continue to move, online.

On 4/17/2022 at 4:57 AM, Bruno123 said:

You won't see me boasting about my conquests. Rather explaining that there is more than one school of thought.

What you've described throughout this discussion is a life where women/girls have practically thrown themselves at you since you were 15, and because of this you're (naturally) less inclined to chase women or pay for them. 

I don't think that can be called a different school of thought. It's more about your good fortune. 

It's a bit like someone who was born into money saying their penchant for buying Ferraris and Rolex's is just because they have good taste. 

P.S. I'm now also wondering if the bar owners are struggling to find bar girls because all the bar girls are lining up outside your place? ????

• Haha 2

I have to confess I've only visited Pattaya (and Walking Street) once. That was in 2014, and, back in those days, it appeared as if the entire scene was controlled by Russian gangsters. Didn't much care for the vibe, so all of my subsequent "safaris" have taken place in Bangkok.

8 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I have to confess I've only visited Pattaya (and Walking Street) once. That was in 2014, and, back in those days, it appeared as if the entire scene was controlled by Russian gangsters. Didn't much care for the vibe, so all of my subsequent "safaris" have taken place in Bangkok.

I would say you visited the wrong places, ie the Russian owned ones, which are avoided by the Expats, as they are known for high prices and pressure tactics. You would not have even got an impression of it in say LK Metro. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, FalangJaiDee said:

???? k dude 

this is correct. 

right.

IMO he has a very large <deleted>. Any woman that says size doesn't matter is lying, IMO. Apart from his millions and fame, Mick Jagger is rumoured to be more than adequate, which would explain why someone that ugly gets to bone such attractive women.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 4/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, BritManToo said:

Known as drinky girls in PI.

My pal and I would walk into a club or bar, 10 girls would rush towards us and we would loudly announce, "any girls not available to be bar fined can walk away now". There would usually be 4 or 5 left and we would select two to sit with.

Nothing wrong with the 'drinky girls' as long as we knew up front. Some evenings we were happy to pay the 100 pesos for 30-45mins of cuddles and flirting. Cheap Charlie's in Barretto was 'drinky girls' only, nice place to drink in the afternoon and early evening..

Known as "coyotes" in LOS. Just there to dance and get lady drinks, share of tips etc. There used to be a coyote bar behind the Lucky Star bars on Walking Street.

I'm sure there will be a chorus from all the guys who bonked them though. There is always an exception to the rule.

The night market in Lamphun used to hire some to dance on a ute with a sound system, and the best coyote dancer I ever saw was at the Bangkok motor show back in the 90s. There was a huge crowd of guys gathered around to appreciate her moves.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, BritManToo said:

I've never wanted to harm any person, man or woman, mentally or physically.

If a lady has been working bar for 10 years, I reckon I won't be doing her any further harm.

If she started working bar last week, I won't be interested.

Can't understand why any guy would want an inexperienced prostitute. We don't pay to educate them.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:30 PM, Hummin said:

Easy to forget nobody is same, not even bar girls or the bar girls working. Even bar girls have different motivation and goals in life. Some just want to be taken care off, some want as much money as possible, others want a husband and quit as fast as possible, and some like sex and adventure, travelling and repeat at same time being taken care off while they waiting for nr 1 nr 2 and nr 3 to show up again and do what they promissed.

Most girls I travelled with had men on grass somewhere, and already had steady income, and I guess I was their toyboy to kill time in meantime. This was before any smartphone was invented. I havent been much in to the bar scene except once and awhile found someone interesting enough to spend time with. Good Language and liked to do different activities and sports. 

When I lived off Buakhao there was an internet cafe that was full of bargirls chatting to the beloved overseas that was sending her money. That was before phones that used the internet.

I had a couple of bargirl "girlfriends". one for 4 years and one for 8, but I never sent them any money from overseas. When I wasn't there they worked in the bar again, just like all the girls that get sent money not to.

Actually, the last couple of years with the second one she went back to Buri Ram, but she'd stay with me when I came on holiday. I still had to pay her, but no bar fines.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 6:28 AM, MrJ2U said:

Ugh.

Stick to your temples and cooking classses.

You've no clue on how Thailands bar scene and entertainment business is supporting 100,000 of thousands of jobs and families.

You'll need to visit Thailand to understand.

Save your preaching for the pulpit

Just because you are paying someone, that doesnt make it right .

Buying street drugs also supports many people and families , that doesnt make it right 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can't understand why any guy would want an inexperienced prostitute. We don't pay to educate them.

In the early Thailand days, that is what you got.....

Sometimes it may not have worked out, but mostly they were keen to please and it was a positive experience. 

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just because you are paying someone, that doesnt make it right .

Buying street drugs also supports many people and families , that doesnt make it right 

Just because you think its wrong definitely doesn't mean squat.

Prostitution, the oldest profession in the world, should be legalized worldwide.

Conservative righteousnos should be outlawed IMOP.