90 Day Report was rejected.

I had registered in Dec. for the Online reporting next I did a 90 Day Report no problem. It was okayed and I received my confirmation and printed it out. Last month I submitted my 90 Day Report and it was rejected and i was told to report to Immigration which would be CW. I have a retirement visa it expires in May 17. I ended up using an agent for 500 baht did not want to go to immigration. Any clues as to what went wrong. Save the Jokes. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

When was the due date?

When did you do the online report?

Personal data unchanged?

How long did it take to get the rejection? (hours? days?)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

When was the due date?

When did you do the online report?

Personal data unchanged?

How long did it take to get the rejection? (hours? days?)

Thanks for your reply. It was 15 days till due. I had a March 29th due date. I got approved the first time in 30 minutes. It took 3 days before the rejection. No personal data was changed. I was puzzled about the whole thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you change any info when you did the 2nd report?

The best way to avoid problems after doing the first report is to enter your passport number and nationality and then click the hourglass  to complete your report.

Hy Joe I do not think I changed anything. Is this hourglass for an auto-complete from last time? Also my Retirement Visa expires next month could that cause a problem? Thanks in Advance.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just to be clear it is a "magnifying glass" icon, presumably meant to imply a "search" for your previous record.

That will autofill data from your previous (successful?) report, after you've entered your passport number and nationality, with hopes that any reviewer finds it acceptable a second time. There are no guarantees that all reviewers will use the exact same criteria.

tn47ol.jpg

Thank you for that

Would be nice if reason for rejection was provided by them. Regardless, should have tried at least 1 more time a couple days later before utilizing the agent. Have read a few reports of success on 2nd or 3rd attempts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gerrytraveller said:

If I rememember correctly I had  a similar problem and I think it was because I also did on 15th day before.. i do believe can only do no earlier then 14 days before!!!

Ubon Joe. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

The 15 days includes the report date when it is counted. Easier to just count 2 weeks before you report date. 

For example if your report was due on the 25th of this month you could do the report today the 11th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Would be nice if reason for rejection was provided by them.

It was, however briefly, via the "old" or "previous" "system". But that "loophole/access" has since been closed.

Hopefully they add a reason for rejection in future upgrades. Breath not being held though.

For now, the current procedure seems to be keep rejiggering input data via multiple submittals and rejections in hopes of getting approval before the clock expires.

The new system seems to work quite well for many. And it has many great features: easy access, simple format, email reminder, autofill. But the old system looked good early on too, before various bugs arose. Hopefully the new system continues to perform well, and any issues are quickly addressed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Hopefully they add a reason for rejection in future

They absolutely should not, any system that is in any way secure is a pass fail system as they are using.

Yes it is convenient for the end user to know what to adjust, No it is poor security to do that.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They absolutely should not, any system that is in any way secure is a pass fail system as they are using.

Yes it is convenient for the end user to know what to adjust, No it is poor security to do that.

Can you elaborate?

Do you mean providing the reason via email is "poor security"?

I'm suggesting adding a note somewhere in the "Check Status of Application" portion of the online system. How would that be less secure?

How is providing a general note like "Room number required" somehow insecure?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It was, however briefly, via the "old" or "previous" "system". But that "loophole/access" has since been closed.

Hopefully they add a reason for rejection in future upgrades. Breath not being held though.

For now, the current procedure seems to be keep rejiggering input data via multiple submittals and rejections in hopes of getting approval before the clock expires.

The new system seems to work quite well for many. And it has many great features: easy access, simple format, email reminder, autofill. But the old system looked good early on too, before various bugs arose. Hopefully the new system continues to perform well, and any issues are quickly addressed.

Yup...has worked flawlessly for me both times now...and autofill is great.. 15 day email reminder was a very pleasant surprise. Actually I was pleasantly SHOCKED. ???? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you elaborate?

Do you mean providing the reason via email is "poor security"?

I'm suggesting adding a note somewhere in the "Check Status of Application" portion of the online system. How would that be less secure?

How is providing a general note like "Room number required" somehow insecure?

Any information as the which particular piece of information gets a rejection allows for a huge security reduction. 
You are not looking at it from a security point of view. But from a convenient to the user point of view. Good security is often inconvenient.

The example you give of missing information isn’t really relevant as required fields are either indicated (as they were on the previous system) or can have an instant here/not hear check on the entry form as many do.

look at the system from a hacker’s view point. Pass/Fail means anything could be wrong. One field fail,  tells them that everything except that field is good so reducing the the number of changes needed.

Is a breach of this system a problem? We don’t know what else it is linked to, so maybe.

are breaches of government/police  databases OK? Never. Reduced security for convenience is not good

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Any information as the which particular piece of information gets a rejection allows for a huge security reduction. 
You are not looking at it from a security point of view. But from a convenient to the user point of view. Good security is often inconvenient.

Do I care if a 'hacker' steals my 90 day report information?

Or submits a 'fake' 90 day report on my behalf?

Always wonder at the paranoia of people demanding security on things that don't matter. 

Anyway,

Nobody has explained why my online application was rejected, but that same application printed out and submitted in person was perfectly acceptable?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do I care if a 'hacker' steals my 90 day report information?

Or submits a 'fake' 90 day report on my behalf?

Always wonder at the paranoia of people demanding security on things that don't matter. 

It isn’t a question of if you should be paranoid about computer security. It is are you paranoid enough.

If the 90 day system is totally isolated from everything else (it probably is not) then that is likely OK

Security holes allow access  to data that should be secure.

If, as is probably the case, the 90 day report system accesses a small subset of a larger database then the pass/fail is minimally secure.

Do you care if all the information that immigration holds is released? You should if you don’t want your identity stolen and used to steal money from banks etc.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do you care if all the information that immigration holds is released? You should if you don’t want your identity stolen and used to steal money from banks etc

Doesn't matter what I want, immigration recycle the backs of our completed forms and hand them out randomly.

As for identity theft, you wouldn't want to be using mine for anything. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do you care if all the information that immigration holds is released?

Is this a trick question?

Go big, or go home...

Researcher Finds Exposed Data of 106 Million Thai Visitors

Researcher: Decade-Old Exposure Is a Privacy Concern

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/050515/why-netflix-content-different-other-countries.asp#:~:text=This is due to the,the U.S. even when traveling.

Or my personal favorite...Good guys in, bad guys out...with map.

Thai data breach puts 2,000-plus expats' details online

https://www.internationalinvestment.net/internationalinvestment/news/3503582/thai-breach-plus-expats’-details-online

12525248_10154091624953130_6608663338749127526_o.png

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't matter what I want, immigration recycle the backs of our completed forms and hand them out randomly.

And it's not just an Immigration-related issue either. I've lost count of the number of times my passport photopage has been copied by banks and hospitals in particular over the years, for instance. Where these copies can end up, through either carelessness or malice, is anyone's guess.

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Because one institution is lax in one way doesn’t justify laxness in others.

Retail paper data loss chances don’t justify wholesale data loss possibilities.

& it is extremely likely that you underestimate the devastation possible through identity theft. Specially in a country where getting back to a situation before theft is expensive and difficult.

would you want a debit of a few million linked to you with the Thai loan sharks? Likely? No. As a worst case possibility? Yes

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Specially in a country where getting back to a situation before theft is expensive and difficult.

would you want a debit of a few million linked to you with the Thai loan sharks? Likely? No. As a worst case possibility? Yes

As a foreigner, I can't get credit in Thailand, so it's not something I worry about.

• Like 1

This for Ubon Joe: when I log in to the 90 day reporting system, using eithr URL it opens a box alreaty filled in User name and pass word. then below the mixed up letters you have to type to prove your an person. Next comes the fill in the blankc question. Once comply filed in I send it. It comews back a few days later rejected . Then I can look at the PDF file sent and it is always missing were file *(Bangkok) what type of vise (non-O) I have used the old log in , the new log in and the immergation 90day log in.

Any reason . I have A TM 6 TM 30 current and TM 47 current.

6 hours ago, gerrytraveller said:

If I rememember correctly I had  a similar problem and I think it was because I also did on 15th day before.. i do believe can only do no earlier then 14 days before!!!

Ubon Joe. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct 14 days before and 7 days after

1 hour ago, Dickp said:

Then I can look at the PDF file sent and it is always missing were file *(Bangkok) what type of vise (non-O) I have used the old log in , the new log in and the immergation 90day log in.

These (and also the TM6 arrival card number) are not required in the new system so do not get auto-populated on the pdf form generated from your inputs.  It's not an issue.

46 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

You are correct 14 days before and 7 days after

This thread is discussing the on-line reporting system which can not be done after the due date.  The 7 days after only applies when reporting in person AIUI.