No Contaminated Chocolate Imported to Thailand

snoop1130

New-Project.png

BANGKOK, April 12 (TNA) – The country did not import Belgium-made Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs contaminated with salmonella bacteria, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

The FDA made the confirmation after the Food Standards Agency of Britain warned against the consumption of Ferrero’s Kinder Surprise milk chocolate eggs.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

FDA deputy secretary-general Dr Withid Sariddeechaikool said Ferrero recalled Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs with expiry dates between July 11 and Oct 7 this year for possible contamination with salmonella bacteria.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-922186

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-04-12

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The country did not import Belgium-made Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs contaminated with salmonella bacteria (...)

Well, I've definitely seen some on supermarket shelves recently. Not sure if they were imported from Belgium, though. Maybe the ones sold in Thailand are made some place else.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Had a colleague that went down with COVID last week.

Same week ate a kinder surprise egg and ended up visiting the toilet numerous times for two days.

Found out the day after it was an egg with the same date as the infected eggs.

COVID and salmonella poisoning at the same time is not fun as far as i can understand......

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The country did not import Belgium-made Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs contaminated with salmonella bacteria, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

So the Kinder surprise eggs on the shelf here come from where?

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs with expiry dates between July 11 and Oct 7 this year for possible contamination with salmonella bacteria.

It's not contamination...its a kinder laxative flavor surprise for parents whose kids are eating too much chocolates.....

Disclaimer Your experience may differ. Toilet seats sold separately. Please dont eat and drive. 

30 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

How do you know?

I just know what my colleague told me and having high fever from covid and spend time on the loo constantly, from what could have been salmonella poisoning, is not a walk in the park. It's a <deleted>ty combo ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So the Kinder surprise eggs on the shelf here come from where?

As far as i know they warned about 10 products with various productions dates from different batches.

Maybe those batches didn't reach Thailand?

Edit. Seems like it was various products and not just kinder eggs from a factory in arlon.

Edited by Virt

13 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Kinder eggs are banned from importation into the USA because the small toys they contain are considered a potential choking hazard for young children. Therefore, they escape the salmonella threat.

It's not just the surprise eggs...though the USA recall is apparently a voluntary measure as it seems none of the imported items there are on the infected list.

Might well just be precautionary but I'd avoid all kinder products for a while just in case...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61034549

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, Virt said:

I just know what my colleague told me and having high fever from covid and spend time on the loo constantly, from what could have been salmonella poisoning, is not a walk in the park. It's a <deleted>ty combo ????

Happy Songkran.

Definitely a bad week for your friend!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Kinder eggs are banned from importation into the USA because the small toys they contain are considered a potential choking hazard for young children. Therefore, they escape the salmonella threat.

Yet bigger toys like guns are no problem in the US ????

3 hours ago, Virt said:

As far as i know they warned about 10 products with various productions dates from different batches.

Maybe those batches didn't reach Thailand?

Edit. Seems like it was various products and not just kinder eggs from a factory in arlon.

You mean the city Arlon in the French speaking part, near the Luxembourg border? 

3 hours ago, Virt said:

I ended up in the hospital after I got Salmonella, indeed no walk in the park.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Chinese or Domestic 'copies'?

The plastic stuff comes from China in any case.

Shipped to production sites where the actual chocolate is added.

I learned that multinational food giants (like Mondelez) produce wherever it is most favorable.

For example there is "Milka" chocolate originally Swiss brand.

If you buy it here it is Made in Australia.

Similar for "Nutella" (some hazelnut/coco spread), originally Italian brand.

No way that you buy Made in Italy here. I think also Australia.

I should add that I neither consume Milka nor Nutella :biggrin:

Lindt chocolate Made in Switzerland for me.

That is really imported and comparably expensive.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The plastic stuff comes from China in any case.

That was in the headlines when a container fell off a ship near a German North Sea island. Thousand and thousand of plastic eggs with the toy landed at the beach to the joy for the kids. Toys without the sugar/calories :biggrin:

According to the full article "...the license for the import of Kinder Surprise Milk Chocolate Egg products expired on Dec 31, 2015", yet they are still appearing on the shelves of Thai shops. Is there a well-trained posse of Kinder Egg mules smuggling them into the country, or are they simply well past their sell-by date?

On 4/12/2022 at 10:03 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

I think in Australia they removed the plastic toy and replaced it with a Ritalin capsule

11 hours ago, Virt said:

Did not know they had a factory there. I spent more than one year of my life in that area. It was like the end of civilisation ????  About 50 years ago I thought it was a German product.

For those who don't know that place is near Bastogne, the area of the battle of the Bulge during WWII.

• Like 1

Thais love so much sweed's. When i last time come home to LOS i bring over 3 kilogram chocolate from Finland! I put all in fridge and morning there was 1 plate left!!!!!! Mrs. niece (f elephant) eat 3 kilogram in one night!!!!! When i come home now i buy some cheap cocolate from Lidl and can eat that! She eat also my huge salami sausage what i bring to my morning bread! Maybe was nice much sweed and some salty on side!