1 Million Foreign Arrivals Expected at AOT Airports This Songkran

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The AOT director said the agency anticipates 9,310 flights between April 11 and 17, an increase of 14.48% over the same period last year. Domestic flights are meanwhile projected to total 6,820, a decrease of 2.79%, while international flights should total 2,490 for a 123.14% increase.

So the 1 million figure should clearly be domestic and foreign tourism combined. The title is very misleading. It's still not a bad numbers of foreign flights though, all things considered.

• Like 1

It's quite simply an estimated 1 million people using 6 airports via an anticipated 9310 flights. 

107 people per flight. Thai nationals and foreigners (domestic and international combined), 

Totally mis-leading headline.

Feeling like a drunken sailor who keeps hearing different daily drivel by voices just wanting their 15 minutes of fame and being in the spotlight.  For Christ's sake these shills are worse then the snake oil merchants of the old west.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

But TAT just said Monday that 444,000 had entered Thailand in the first 3 months of 2022 and that 341,000 are expected in the 2nd 3 months

Now they expect 1 million to enter in one week 11-17 April ???? 

One million tourist who want to come and wash there feet at a temple?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The AOT director said the agency anticipates 9,310 flights between April 11 and 17, an increase of 14.48% over the same period last year. Domestic flights are meanwhile projected to total 6,820, a decrease of 2.79%, while international flights should total 2,490 for a 123.14% increase.

1 million foreign arrivals on 2,490 international flights? That doesn't compute. Try again.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Nitinai added that officials at all six airports have been instructed to strictly adhere to health measures imposed by the Ministry of Public Health to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

I flew from Bangkok to a provincial airport today. When I had done the same trip late last year, my vaccination status was checked upon arrival. Today, nothing. Strictly adhere to which measures exactly?

• Like 1

what's wrong with these people, their contradictions/BS is a non stopping affair  555

Citing TAT data, Yuthasak said there were about 444,000 international visitors during the first three months of the year, a 30% increase from the previous quarter, generating some 34 billion baht in revenue.

The second quarter of this year is meanwhile projected to see about 341,000 foreign visitors, bringing in at least 23 billion baht in revenue.

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

Thats really good for those that are really needing and relying on the tourist to return. 

On that I will be one of them to get back to Thailand in may so can someone let me know who is best to buy the covid insurance from for my two weeks in Thailand, I would welcome the feedback from your knowledge on this please. 

• Haha 1

Just where do these boffins get off?

The day they start claiming realistic figures will be the day people will have faith in them

Pulling figures out of the air gives peope false hope.

So please shut the hell up and concentrate on your job.

Shouting out claptrap like this benefits nobody.