Pattaya: Police chief calls on attacks on tourists to stop - resort's image badly damaged

webfact

Incidentally, if you get wrongfully clocked at a bar by staff go try to get some justice by the cops. They won't so much as take a report.

Just as well if you were to push the issue and somehow impossibly got someone up on a charge you can expect some very serious trouble then. But that would never happen.

This is just a situation that the media got hold of the brouhaha and the cops had to *do something*. That something is say... y'all keep it down now ya hear!

• Like 1

This is nothing new.  It just seems to be the current point and topic to try address.   I have been going to Thailand  for years.  I have seen locals on more than one occasion  attack tourist.  Some might have asked for it, but others haven't.   I even had a friend that a bar owner pay a bouncer  to assault. His fault or not, fact is it happened.   This is media being used as a tool to raise hope and spotlight.   I would think it's already a given that locals shouldn't  attack  or assault tourist.  If there is a need to address the obvious then it seems international market should be aware.  Nice attempt at a band-aid.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, banagan said:

Any update on this Thai taxi driver in Pattaya?

Kicking someone in the head while they're on the ground, attempted murder, right?

Please tell me he's doing time? Happened just over a year ago.

Possibly gave him a medal and bought him a beer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

If there was a serious intent to improve they would start training and licensing the bouncers as they do in the UK, where they can’t work without it. 

Could do it with the police as well. CCTV reveals many of their sins.

Now, if you go changing the society , educating them, enlightening them then the resort would stop being a place where mongers flock to extort and take advantage  of the economically challenged.

While the useless cops are telling people not to fight they could also tell all the thieves to stop stealing and drivers not to speed and drink then most of their problems will be solved. Dont touch massage shops or nightclubs cos they are run by the police !!

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

Once again someone not reading the article in full. The very next line should enlighten you:- 

"...............and a group of bouncers went into stop trouble, or so they claimed.

In the end CCTV caught them causing it as fists flayed."

And yet in another post someone said that there were no Thais involved at all - AND THEY WERE THERE! ???? (Pity they didn't take a video to contradict the CCTV footage!)

Maybe there were so many incidents - one was simply confused with another down the road - simply happening all over the town ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Fist fights amoung drunk people after closing time.  This is norm, anywhere in the world.

But maybe the video shows something completely different than drunks getting into a fight?

Then the bouncers were drunk ?  Glad you could clear that up. I didn't know they were drunk too.

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

Pattaya is a very dangerous place. In lesser years I'd lived there mostly in low season 2001-8 a heyday for USD GBP. It's full of dangerous vice, misery and thuggery.

Well, then, that being the case I would simply stay clear of the place and avoid the possibility of becoming a victim.

2 hours ago, banagan said:

Any update on this Thai taxi driver in Pattaya?

Kicking someone in the head while they're on the ground, attempted murder, right?

Please tell me he's doing time? Happened just over a year ago.

We will never know,might even be a law to stop the news from inside thai courts reaching the public,ye would think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Crime is up all over the world this place will not be exempt.  In fact, I fear it will increase as more people come and want to release all that pent up frustration over the past 2 years.  Getting drunk and crazy and confrontational will be on the agenda for idiots

You are right, that could well happen.

In England just now football violence is out of control, big chance young lads not being able to do much here during lockdowns and also not being able to 'let their hair down' in Spain and Greek Islands,etc

• Like 1