U.S. President invites Thailand Prime Minister Prayut Chan O’Cha to attend US-ASEAN summit in May, Thai Foreign Minister reveals

webfact

if a large international summit is planned only one month in advance that well can happen:

"Last month, the White House issued a statement saying that the special summit will take place in Washington DC at the end of March. ASEAN members, however, could not attend due to scheduling conflicts.

“It is a normal occurrence. In the past, we have faced the same problem and we have to find a new common timeframe,” Don told the Thai News Agency on Tuesday, after the cabinet meeting.

The dates of March 26th and 27th were proposed last week but, after a few exchanges, both sides realised that their leaders’ timetables did not match."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/special-asean-us-summit-postponed-until-may/

so fingers crossed that one will also be postponed

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So what are they going to talk about? How to run a country effectively? Blind leading the blind.

Myanmar, South China Sea issues and ASEAN response to Russia's Ukraine invasion head the list. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

We fell in love swooning over Kim's letter is not an embarrassment to you? Trump is in a different class of 'make my skin crawl" embarrassment. 

Yep. You never saw embarrassment at that level before. The Finland presser comes to mind.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, that was my initial thought, I was under the impression the USA only dealt with democratically elected leaders. 

I wonder if the US President actually knows how Thailands unelected PM who is really only posing as a PM, actually became PM.

Just now, AgMech Cowboy said:

You did notice that Rocket Man quit lobbing rockets and missiles (and testing nuclear devices) into the Sea of Japan when Trump was President. Trump knew where things were and who to talk to when needed and never did call the PM of Australia that guy down under...  

This thread has nothing to do with Ex President Trump.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

So would I. I would bet that a Thai soldier would not have learned much geography at a Military Academy to be able to talk about other countries especially ones from outside Asia. A discussion with Mr Biden would be nothing but an embarrassment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

This is Biden we are talking about. He can't remember what the nurses fed him for breakfast, let alone what happened in Thailand in 2014.

Did Biden not used to play young Mr Grace in the TV sit com Are You Being Served? Both him and Thailands unelected PM together? Oh! Wait!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Good One, geriatric Joe is a total embarrassment not only to the USA, but the whole world!

Well that's one thing both him and Thailands unelected PM have in common then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So would I. I would bet that a Thai soldier would not have learned much geography at a Military Academy to be able to talk about other countries especially ones from outside Asia. A discussion with Mr Biden would be nothing but an embarrassment.

Prayuts "translator" will have their work cut-out.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

So why didn't you bring that up with another poster who already mentioned him twice in a negative way in this thread (after 5 years of insane obnoxious toxic bashing)???? Funny who you choose to selectively pick on! 

No selection about it, just random reads ( and replies ). By all means forward my post to all others you know of going off-topic, thanks.

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

So let me get this right - Sleepy Joe has invited the current chairman of ASEAN to attend an ASEAN summit. WOW- who could have guessed that Prayut would have attended. 

No president is named Sleepy.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

????

That's right. The US Administration has officially recognized Prayut as the Thai PM:

Statement on the Visit of Deputy Secretary Wendy R. Sherman to Thailand
Deputy Secretary of State Wendy R. Sherman visited the Kingdom of Thailand June 1-2 for strategic discussions with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai, and representatives from international organizations.

02JUN 2021

https://th.usembassy.gov/readout-of-ambassador-linda-thomas-greenfields-meetings-with-thailands-prime-minister-prayut-chan-o-cha/

• Sad 1