Electric Vehicles in Thailand

12 hours ago, Jake72 said:

But PlugShare does have all the chargers, however most of them are just 3-5kW wall chargers, not fast chargers:

You seem very keen to call people liars, so you had better make sure that you are never caught in a lie yourself.

The majority of chargers on PlugShare Thailand are not 3-5kW, so that makes you a liar.

The filter is not giving you accurate information and I have explained the reason for that. Most chargers have a photo and can clearly when it’s a DC charger 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

You seem very keen to call people liars, so you had better make sure that you are never caught in a lie yourself.

The majority of chargers on PlugShare Thailand are not 3-5kW, so that makes you a liar.

I guess this disproves this statement from another ev OP... "We EV owners are not arrogant at all."

• Confused 4
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

blatantly lied ... as I suspected

BYE BYE

Use better apps, get better info

FYI ... Chonburi screenshot is for charging station that use this plug (only one filtered), which is for fast charging:

image.png.2eb8c88ba8cdcf98b28683631e9df1e8.png

Again, this is what's available, using that plug, so please point out the deception:

image.png.094582fdfaa17e99d61ef2b85dc2aa25.png

this is what's on the PlugShare app, and usually not current:

image.png.8c6ea9ec38e37ad428dc9b34e9e7545c.png

image.png.b83e5d3599025ac2c6a70c6d044ffb6c.png

To add, just the fast charge plugs at PEA:

image.png.042235ebb8003acb82e21cdf5e5501de.png

image.png.2baedc21749a7b7d0d17ab801e8fd3ec.png

I don't have EV Station app on my phone, but here's a not up to date from Gmap,

and usually located at PTT staions:

:image.png.73d8c396a8eda5f94e6119d25120a705.png

CAN'T FIND A FAST CHARGER ... YOU'RE NOT LOOKING VERY HARD

Which App you are using here?

image.png.c0757a235209c752d01206b4fa6d9837.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Which App you are using here?

image.png.c0757a235209c752d01206b4fa6d9837.png

I use Charge Loma for quick reference, as has all the vendors, although I only filter the 4 that we use, not all of them as shown above.   Yes, that screenshot is from the Charge Loma app. on GPlay

image.png.fe1936722b2ced30db8c2b9809f34b53.png

That also is not current, and you'll need the individual vendor apps, for current info.   Which you need anyway when actually charging at CSs.   They have up to date locations, if operating, and if being used, how many plugs open & available.   All quite simple once past the learning curve.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You sold it ...  good choice, and hope you at least picked up a Neta V, though I know you'll never admit it :cheesy:

Yes, I enjoy saving money while driving a much better performing vehicle.  Who wouldn't ?

We have more than enough to get by, thanks for your concern, as retirement and wife & kids future was very well planned.  And growing faster than we can spend it, and kind of mind boggling actually.

Opinions are easy to face, it's the fake facts and unrealistic scenarios that trolls post that are silly, and don't deserve replying to, once realizing they are simply trolling.   They are the ones that can't face FACTS.

I would never own another vehicle, that uses a fuel, that degrades the parts of the vehicle every time you drive it.  That's just stupid.  And pay for that stupidity.  Petrol knocking of 40 baht again, and EV owners are the idiots.

Let that one sink in .... take as long as you need,  Don't hurt yourself.

As I said, EV owners always come up with excuses, you have just done it again......😂

"You sold it", chummy, I haven't sold anything..........🤭

And it seems to you an EV can never goes wrong...........😂

Well, that has been fun this morning..........:cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, transam said:

As I said, EV owners always come up with excuses, you have just done it again......😂

"You sold it", chummy, I haven't sold anything..........🤭

And it seems to you an EV can never goes wrong...........😂

Well, that has been fun this morning..........:cowboy:

Certainly never stated that anywhere, or ever will.   Electronic, especially newer tech is always going to be quirky and have it's issues.   MG solved most with the ZS over the past 5 yrs.   Not that I would have been one of the first to buy, lesson learned long ago, but would have kept me from buying in 5 yrs ago, if thinking that way.

I have a couple functions (driver assist) disabled, as not a fan, and they need perfecting, especially on Thai road.   Though quite happy with the rest of the car.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Did you replace your truck yet ?

I sold that about 5 years back, I here it is still running fine, though a problem with the auto box, which they fixed, they love it, 4x4 and all, near 17 years old now, of course, it is a Toyota......................:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pib said:

Are you talking about Europe on planet Earth or another planet?   Notice in the chart below the green color bars (partially or fully electric) are still getting bigger as of Jan 2024 while the brown color bars (ICEV) are getting smaller.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/eu-new-car-sales-rise-12-yy-january-acea-2024-02-20/#:~:text=EVs - whether fully electric models,down from 53.3% in December.&text=U.S. EV pioneer Tesla (TSLA,in EU sales in January.

image.png.7b56fc43648bb7c1ec4e9ded40a4763c.png

That is very interesting.  The Euro zone is of course a much bigger and diversed market, but also a more mature EV market. 

At 20% EV sales, Thailand is already double the EU numbers. 

Asia is generally faster at adopting new technology and Europe has not been exposed to the Chinese shock, but it could also be that Thailand has overshoot the target and sales will fall a bit, like we already saw in February. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

I sold that about 5 years back, I here it is still running fine, though a problem with the auto box, which they fixed, they love it, 4x4 and all, near 17 years old now, of course, it is a Toyota......................:stoner:

Who posted a "sad", I'm not sad, I got good money for it...............:clap2:...............:guitar:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, vinny41 said:

That snapshot from the FTI  only shows partial year not full year for 2023

For the entire last year, domestic auto sales fell 8.67 percent from a year earlier to 775,780 units, of which 30.75 percent were ICE passenger cars, 11.98 percent were HEVs, and 9.48 percent were BEVs, the statement said.

https://english.news.cn/asiapacific/20240130/66e3419a1be742708839fb1cd4ce47c6/c.html

Very well spotted, you certainly have an eye for numbers.

Also, let's not forget BEV sales in Thailand are down 35.6% y-o-y in February 2024.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Very well spotted, you certainly have an eye for numbers.

Also, let's not forget BEV sales in Thailand are down 35.6% y-o-y in February 2024.

I expect all car sales including BEV will be down this year and here is some of the reasons why

At the moment the average interest rate on new cars is 10% per year as dealers tend to advise customers to take out a 7 or 8 year finance agreement lower monthly payments for customer higher commission fees from Finance lenders to dealers

At the moment 50% of all car loan applications are rejected

F.T.I. reveals 50% loan rejection for car purchases

https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/business/economic/1114429

Government has stated average household debt very  high at 90.9% of GDP are are looking at measures to reduce average household debt to below 80% of GDP

Inflation

Cost of Living

300,000 additional  cars were repossessed in 2023 over and above the normal repossessed rate of 150,000-180,000 and its forecast that between 250,000-300,000 cars over and above the normal repossessed rate will be repossessed in 2024

https://theactive.net/news/economy-20230229/

Bank-non-bank Strictly granting car loans Call for a 30% down payment to reduce bad debts and repossess cars.

https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/finance/investment/1118155

I have seen dealers when it comes to finance deals any discounts are applied to the down payment section reducing 15% down payment down to as low as 5% they never apply the discounts to the finance part of the cost as any reduction there would mean a reduction on their commission

• Like 1

There is often all kinds of deals done “off-paper”.

I used to buy the last few unsold apartment units in new apartment blocks  in central london near tube stations as buy-to-let investments.

The major developers could all be persuaded to pay legal fees, stamp duty, furniture packs and sometimes even up to 3 months mortgage payments, long enough for my team to get tenants in.  All I had to fund was the 15% mortgage deposit. This was my pension scheme from the age of 40.