Electric Vehicles in Thailand

33 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Xiaomi SU7 was introduce with prices this evening, and they rock! Converted from Chinese prices to THB: 'official price in China for the starting model 1.16 million baht, and Pro and Max models will be 1.24 - 1.52 million baht. 50,000 orders in 27 minutes after accepting orders.

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/28/xiaomi-su7-launched-with-830-km-range-starts-at-29900-usd/

Wow, if those prices reflect accurately in Thailand then it is a huge shakeup.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

nobodys talking about the extra weight on roads and causing potholes and multi story car parks cant take the extra weight and collapsing

In a country where most people drive 2 tonne pickups you are complaining about EVs because they weigh less? 

That’s why nobody but you is complaining about it 😂

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Why don’t you read the 5,000+ comments in this discussion and you will soon discern a pattern.

When the discussion is between EV owners or EV owners and those considering EV ownership, the discussion is civil and friendly.

Then when EV Haters arrive with their ignorance and lies the tone changes. 

Why don’t you stick to your discussions about attractive Ladyboys and leave discussions about EVs in Thailand to those who actually know what they’re talking about.

See it does disprove it...

• Confused 6

7 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Xiaomi SU7 was introduce with prices this evening, and they rock! Converted from Chinese prices to THB: 'official price in China for the starting model 1.16 million baht, and Pro and Max models will be 1.24 - 1.52 million baht. 50,000 orders in 27 minutes after accepting orders.

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/28/xiaomi-su7-launched-with-830-km-range-starts-at-29900-usd/

Does it come in petrol or diesel?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

The only thing I can see is that you totally lack all ability to construct an argument.

Next time try including some reasons, explanations and evidence. Then you won’t sound like you’re still in kindergarten  

Disproved again... the arrogance is shining through... PS... it doesn't bother me that you like ev's why does it bother you so much that I do not think that they are the end all in transportation.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, if those prices reflect accurately in Thailand then it is a huge shakeup.

If they make it to Thailand, prices In Thailand will be significantly higher, because Xiaomi has no plans to build a factory in Thailand, which removes some incentives the Thai government gave companies like BYD and Deepal etc. But in China this will have an impact - in an already very crowded segment of EV models.

From what I read, Xiaomi has their sights on Europe as they compare their top model with the likes of the Porsche Tycan.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mistral53 said:

If they make it to Thailand, prices In Thailand will be significantly higher, because Xiaomi has no plans to build a factory in Thailand, which removes some incentives the Thai government gave companies like BYD and Deepal etc. But in China this will have an impact - in an already very crowded segment of EV models.

From what I read, Xiaomi has their sights on Europe as they compare their top model with the likes of the Porsche Tycan.

Xiaomi don't even have a factory in China. They hired an ex-BMW developer to slap together a design and then they asked a state owned company, BAIC group to build it. It will be loaded with spy 🕵️♂️ ware.

If you as much as mumble Tiananmen square, it will auto collide with the nearest power pole at top speed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

I normally struggle to deal with idiots but please tell us more about how, when and where these multi story car parks are collapsing, presumably from the excess weight of all the ev’s that we keep being told are not selling…

Actually found 2 on wiki (building & structure collapse), neither had anything to do with EV of course.

image.png.befc642a697f52d36eb8fb63f39543fe.png

2021, a construction crane, during additional construction toppled over onto the parking garage.

2023, the 100 yr old parking garage, was deemed overloaded for the amount of cars permitted.

Await the next silly bogus EV story .... 

Seems I need to add yet another troll to my growing list ... :coffee1:

image.png.c6f6a4b0f22f48ca90fb9e1f29a8a84a.png

:cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, i prefer to think of it this way, my Seal would have cost me a further 49.18% if bought in the U.K. and no doubt the cheapest electricity plan there couldn’t compete with my TOU meter ( 2.6 baht per unit ) here.

How did you get a TOU Tarif of 2.6 baht

Mine is 3.5 baht + ft

13 minutes ago, eddysacc said:

How did you get a TOU Tarif of 2.6 baht

Mine is 3.5 baht + ft

Mine is 3.2 baht including VAT + FT

Basic tariff 2.83 baht ( i thought it was 2.6 baht ).

IMG_3225.jpeg.d54cbfe8990f930ac57c94b6dc442529.jpeg

Could be that my TOU is a 2nd circuit meter with PEA ( EV only designated ).

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 6:20 AM, Bandersnatch said:

You seem very keen to call people liars, so you had better make sure that you are never caught in a lie yourself.

The majority of chargers on PlugShare Thailand are not 3-5kW, so that makes you a liar.

The filter is not giving you accurate information and I have explained the reason for that. Most chargers have a photo and can clearly when it’s a DC charger 

Let's see some evidence of this claim of yours, KhunLA got caught in a big lie. Are you lying as well?

• Confused 3

21 minutes ago, balo said:

I would be very worried about owning an EV car in Thailand.   Especially for driving up north in the country.

As long as gas prices are not too expensive they will be on the roads for the next 40 years. 

What would your concern be ... as seems plenty of fast chargers:

image.png.2ea25cc29c8511d2b3ba9b00785d7662.png

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Please elaborate on your concerns about driving an ev in northern Thailand… also please elaborate on your personal experience wit ev in Thailand or elsewhere…

Running out of electric and not having a 'can' to go get some.

If I/we don't own an EV we can't answer your question, but there are tales galore on the Internet.....🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, transam said:

Running out of electric and not having a 'can' to go get some.

If I/we don't own an EV we can't answer your question, but there are tales galore on the Internet.....🤗

Not from Thailand ... not that I've seen or were posted.  And if so, you know they'd be posted on AN.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I didn't lie, you simply can't understand what I posted.   I posted screenshot from Charge Loma app that only showed chargers with fast plugs, as that is exactly, the only filter I chose; 1 plug type, the fast plug.

I later posted screenshots from 3 separate vendors, again, contradicting your silly statement.  You can count past 10, so add them all up, and they'll probably be close to the Charge Loma apps count, since the 3 main vendors.

No apology expected ... have a nice day

lmao, you can't talk your way out of this one, you lied about fast chargers in Chonburi, it's a fact, anyone can go on PlugShare and verify. it's not going away, admit to your crime and apologize then we can forgive.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You don't have to show me a map, I am not driving any car in Thailand at the moment. But when I buy one it will not be electric.   Unless the battery capacity will increase on cheaper cars 3 x as much as today. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

These are not fast chargers, do not trust anything from KhunLA, he is known for posting false information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1