Electric Vehicles in Thailand

On 5/5/2024 at 7:11 PM, JBChiangRai said:

Here you are again with your ignorant posts on Chinese EV’s, something you evidently know nothing about.

We have discussed Sterzel (serpentza) and his anti-China rhetoric before as you probably know.

F- must do better

I never mentioned Chinese EV's, my post was about the YouTube creator and playing of the racist card.  Winston Sterzel attacks China for a reasons you clearly know nothing about.

Now, please explain my ignorance and how I clearly know nothing about EV's. 

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

So this “ EV “ has a 1.5 litre Turbo internal combustion engine and up to 60 litres of fuel in a tank as well as the 40 kWh ternary battery ?

Yes very good. This is why I included range extended in my description of the vehicle.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

These are sales numbers (registrations??) in China, but probably a good indication of what is to come here.

- Seagull will take the market by storm.

- Atto 3 and Good Cat 🐈 are yester-years models.

- MG will limp along into the sunset 🌇

GNbbuxrbQAAlDKl.png

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

These are sales numbers (registrations??) in China, but probably a good indication of what is to come here.

GNbbuxrbQAAlDKl.png

Yuan + is Atto 3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Atto 3 ... will depend if you want a SUV or salon car.  Not many BEV SUV here, Atto 3 & MG ZS in the <1M price range.  Rest are lower spec'd or silly priced, for us modest folks.

Yes, MG is getting killed by BYD, with a few more bells & whistles and more stylish look, with multiple offerings, and newer battery tech.  MG's saving grace is some specs, IP69, steel incased battery, and module repair / replacement possible.   But lagging behind in any real upgrades.   2022 ZS, minor upgrade, EP to ES with price jump, and MG4 aren't really going to impress most, though still under the 1M price point.

MG having a better, establish dealer / CS network, for now anyway.  Though for EV, not really that much of an advantage, since need little, if any maintenance, and CS are everywhere.   We rarely use MG now when O&A, and usually only if PTT Park show full.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

This electric bike was hit by a pick up this afternoon, in Rayong. bike suffered severe damage, slight in two, but no fire. Both on the bike seriously injuried.

IMG_2755.jpeg

So, it is possible for an EV to be involved in an accident and not have a fire. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I apologise I mistook you for the poster of that video.

Apology accepted.

I occasionally post a trigger in the EV topics simply because some EV owners are taking the negatives far too seriously and forget the classic advice when participating in forum topics "don't feed the trolls"

One must also consider how actions are perceived by others. Those not fully confident with their choices are often over sensitive to any criticism. Having said that, the road into the unknown can be stressful and even more so when you have people spooking you at every turn.

PS
For the confused, simplified version available upon request.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

I think most EV owners in Thailand are thoroughly delighted with their choices, I migrated from PHEV to EV and am now on my second full EV

Definitely, and with all the new models out their since buying, think we'd still go with the one we have, MG ZS, though try to catch it on sale, and save 80k baht.   Not the newest style, though I like it's uniqueness (grill) or have all the bells & whistles, which we don't need and wouldn't use anyway.

Stated before, deciding factor to stick with same, battery IP rating, encased in steel & modular repair of battery pack, and relieves all concerns, for us, of the major unknowns of keeping an EV as your last car purchase.

I have to have a SUV, as getting in/out of salon just isn't as comfortable.  Wife definitely won't go back to a salon, as wouldn't even consider the EP after sitting in it :cheesy: ... "but honey, it's ฿180k cheaper, and same specs"

So that scratches off most, except for the Atto 3, as still in the <฿1M ball park, which scratches off the rest.  Since having the ICE version, every surprise has been a positive one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pib said:

At those fossil fuel stations do they still have those safety signs which say turn off your vehicle, no smoking, turn off your cell phone, etc., due to the flammable fuel environment?

No

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Wow....a self-charging hybrid electric vehicle!!!  Is that Toyota's game-changing battery technology that has been around the next corner/coming soon for years and years now.  😉   But seriously I'm sure Toyota knows many customer's will think this "self-charging" of a hybrid vehicle is some new technology not having a clue that HEV's are self-charging.

image.png.a8039628b47295c8ee8ca89d04b46c37.png

• Haha 2